• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
    Thanks, roque

Well said!!

[IMG]http://www.an-c.dk/at/gateworld/evolution-2-farvel-sam.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.an-c.dk/at/gateworld/evolution-2-farvel-jack.jpg[IMG]
    Squee! You know those shipper girls on the front row at the end of Galaxy Quest who go mental and faint when Tim Allen dips Sigourney Weaver? That's totally me! I laughed so hard when I saw that part of the film, whoever wrote it clearly knows scifi fandom well.
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
      Squee! You know those shipper girls on the front row at the end of Galaxy Quest who go mental and faint when Tim Allen dips Sigourney Weaver? That's totally me! I laughed so hard when I saw that part of the film, whoever wrote it clearly knows scifi fandom well.
      I'm making some gifs from Galaxy Quest these days, but haven't rewatched that scene yet - it almost begs to be giffed, I think

Comment

I'm making some gifs from Galaxy Quest these days, but haven't rewatched that scene yet - it almost begs to be giffed, I think
        Indeed! I remember seeing a group of 3 girls at Gatecon in 2004 who were wearing bright yellow hand-drawn SJ shipper t-shirts (if I remember rightly there was something written across their backs when they stood in order) - I squeed and my dad just looked at me like "wth?!" - ah, to be 16 again!

That's how Wormhole Xtreme/200 should have been. It's the perfect parody of scifi without hamming it up or making fun of the fans. Sadly, I personally feel that several of TPTB just don't get that subtlety. Such a shame.

Comment

That's how Wormhole Xtreme/200 should have been. It's the perfect parody of scifi without hamming it up or making fun of the fans. Sadly, I personally feel that several of TPTB just don't get that subtlety. Such a shame.
          Galaxy Quest certainly handled that very well - so many brilliantly funny moments. I liked 200 a lot more than Wormhole Xtreme, while the friend who introduced me to SG-1 thinks 200 is a mess that she couldn't make heads or tails of. I like to think of it as a collection of ideas that couldn't be made into an episode on their own, but put together like that was just fun to watch

Comment

Galaxy Quest certainly handled that very well - so many brilliantly funny moments. I liked 200 a lot more than Wormhole Xtreme, while the friend who introduced me to SG-1 thinks 200 is a mess that she couldn't make heads or tails of. I like to think of it as a collection of ideas that couldn't be made into an episode on their own, but put together like that was just fun to watch
            The problem I have is that, in the behind the scenes interview, Rob Cooper confesses that he changed fandom stuff because "he wanted to" then went on to say that the show was an "homage to the fans"

Like, for example, the Wizard of Oz. the old-timers of the fandom know that Sam has always been Dorothy and Jack the scarecrow. Instead they make Mitchell the scarecrow and Vala Dorothy and Sam gets relegated to Glinda - why?! And why does Jack not get married in his uniform when everyone went gaga over the POV wedding pic? He's a General, for crying out loud! Why just get married in a boring suit? I also don't get why half the scenes with RDA had him invisible or as a puppet - the man was there, no substitute needed!

Comment

The problem I have is that, in the behind the scenes interview, Rob Cooper confesses that he changed fandom stuff because "he wanted to" then went on to say that the show was an "homage to the fans"

Like, for example, the Wizard of Oz. the old-timers of the fandom know that Sam has always been Dorothy and Jack the scarecrow. Instead they make Mitchell the scarecrow and Vala Dorothy and Sam gets relegated to Glinda - why?! And why does Jack not get married in his uniform when everyone went gaga over the POV wedding pic? He's a General, for crying out loud! Why just get married in a boring suit? I also don't get why half the scenes with RDA had him invisible or as a puppet - the man was there, no substitute needed!
              Well, if RC was in charge he probably would have preferred getting away with having Jack invisible during the wedding scene, just so he wouldn't have to work with RDA. He probably tried to limit it as much as possible but was pressured by others to use RDA because that would make the episode more special.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I've wondered that myself. RDA really carried the uniform off well!
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

And why does Jack not get married in his uniform when everyone went gaga over the POV wedding pic? He's a General, for crying out loud!
                  Good, valid points, Amber - I hadn't thought about Jack not wearing his uniform for the wedding, it's kind of odd.

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  Well, if RC was in charge he probably would have preferred getting away with having Jack invisible during the wedding scene, just so he wouldn't have to work with RDA. He probably tried to limit it as much as possible but was pressured by others to use RDA because that would make the episode more special.
                  I didn't know that RC had problems with RDA (I'm still a newbie in this fandom).

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    Oh don't tell me he doesn't like Rick?! seriously? Now you're just giving me more fodder to dislike the guy intensely lol!

Comment

Didn`t I read somewhere that originally RDA was unavailable so they had to come up with a workaround? He was going to phone the lines in or something. So they couldn`t really have scenes with him in it. Then he decided to visit the set.

I liked the puppet bit, but I thought it was too long. Overall, I quite liked 200. The reference scenes to other SCI FI shows were hilarious.

As for Jack and not getting married in his uniform - while I think he looks great, perhaps A) we can chalk it up to the dream and B) it was his way of saying that the air force has nothing to do with this marriage! He wanted to stand in solidarity with Sam.

Just possible rationales.

Comment

Oh don't tell me he doesn't like Rick?! seriously? Now you're just giving me more fodder to dislike the guy intensely lol!
                        They had quite a falling out when RDA left the show. It was over how the show should be run. RDA had his own thoughts about that, that included being respectful to the Air Force. RCC, however, could have cared less about that and wanted to do things his own way. I'd say he probably kicked the Air Force right out of being advisers to the show, but I don't know that. RDA said things were extremely chilly ("arctic, in fact") between him and RCC after RDA left the show.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          RDA said things were extremely chilly ("arctic, in fact") between him and RCC after RDA left the show.
                          That makes me sad

Comment

Good, valid points, Amber - I hadn't thought about Jack not wearing his uniform for the wedding, it's kind of odd.

I didn't know that RC had problems with RDA (I'm still a newbie in this fandom).
                            It took me a while to figure out why I thought Jack didn't look very... Jack-like! He also has a very boring tie on and they're all dressed in black (except Sam obv.!) - it's a wedding not a funeral. Everyone else is in uniform and Jack is probably the highest ranking guy there. And Sam calls him "Sir". If they wanted to avoid that he's in the AF, too late! Lol

Comment

Maybe Sam and Jack decided neither of them was going to wear their uniform or they both would; since Sam ended up in a white dress Jack had to wear a regular suit too.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                They had quite a falling out when RDA left the show. It was over how the show should be run. RDA had his own thoughts about that, that included being respectful to the Air Force. RCC, however, could have cared less about that and wanted to do things his own way. I'd say he probably kicked the Air Force right out of being advisers to the show, but I don't know that. RDA said things were extremely chilly ("arctic, in fact") between him and RCC after RDA left the show.
                                For some reason an image of RC singing "So What?" Just popped into my head:
                                So what? I'm still a rock star, I've got my rock moves and I don't need you!
                                And guess what? I'm having more fun now that we're done
                                I'm gonna show you tonight!

Heehee, I'm being harsh but it made me giggle! The thing is, RDA was right. Sorry, just sayin' *shrugs*.

Comment

Working...
                                X