Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
    I have noticed that about Sam in Season 9. She is so different from Season 1-8 Sam, that even though I like it, it is going to take time to adjust to it. Now, if I saw the two of them together, post Season 8, it would help. I know I will in Season 10 and Continuum, but I'm not there yet. I am just viewing Season 9 for the first time and the next episode to watch is Ripple Effect. I have heard comments on this issue, but I am going to watch and express my own opinion when I do view it.
    *whistles innocently*

self-pimps

Personally, I love RE. Though it's possible my sense of humor's just as wicked as TPTBs...

Comment

Speaking of Fishing (morning commute OT) -
      This morning as I was taking my children to school, the radio morning show asked "85% of men don't know this about women, what is it?" to win a prize. One man called in and answered where babies come from, which wasn't the correct answer. The DJ then asked the man, do you know where they come from? The man said: daddy's fish swim to mommy's pond. My eyes opened up with excitement from that answer, because we all know that is what Jack did to Sam.
      *giggles* that's awesome!

As for going out to other threads. I do it every once in a while, but I haven't been in a discussion thread in ages. I only did it when SG1 was still airing and with some episodes of SGA that made me excited. Overall I don't have the feeling to go out and venture to other threads*shrugs* If I feel like it I go there and otherwise not.
      I don't have an issue with people who don't see the ship. That's their "problem" but we can still talk IMHO about other things even though we interpret the characters differently...the only places I refuse to go are "anti" threads because even when people try to do it with "respect" I tend to find them disrespectful towards TPTB (certainly if they are against an entire season) Why be here when you think the stuff we get to see is bad?

Oh well
      sigpic

Comment

I have a group of threads that I go to and the rest I ignore

I did venture to the movie 3 threads for a week or so... scary place *shivers*

I just don't like hostility

^ I feel better now
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          *whistles innocently*

self-pimps

Personally, I love RE. Though it's possible my sense of humor's just as wicked as TPTBs...
          I look forward to reading it, but I am going to wait until after I watch Ripple Effect. I am currently reading Akamaimom's The Wizard of Mazd. So far, so good.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          *giggles* that's awesome!

As for going out to other threads. I do it every once in a while, but I haven't been in a discussion thread in ages. I only did it when SG1 was still airing and with some episodes of SGA that made me excited. Overall I don't have the feeling to go out and venture to other threads*shrugs* If I feel like it I go there and otherwise not.
          I don't have an issue with people who don't see the ship. That's their "problem" but we can still talk IMHO about other things even though we interpret the characters differently...the only places I refuse to go are "anti" threads because even when people try to do it with "respect" I tend to find them disrespectful towards TPTB (certainly if they are against an entire season) Why be here when you think the stuff we get to see is bad?

Oh well
          The bolded part is so true. Quit focusing on what you don't like and start focusing on what you do like.
          sigpic
          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Still drabbling, it seems. I done it again. Another ficlet. My sense of humor, though wacky, is definitely intact. Passwords (Yes, it's exactly what you think it is. At least, I think it's what you think. I know where *my* mind goes when I see the word 'password', at any rate...)
            Love and hot fudge,
            Bren Ren
            ~
            My stories!
            ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
              Still drabbling, it seems. I done it again. Another ficlet. My sense of humor, though wacky, is definitely intact. Passwords (Yes, it's exactly what you think it is. At least, I think it's what you think. I know where *my* mind goes when I see the word 'password', at any rate...)
              My brain also goes to other places

Cute fic btw! I was expecting more Bren gutter in it...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                *whistles innocently*

self-pimps

Hmmph. It seems my memory is finally starting to fail me, because apparently I have already read *and* reviewed this story. But I didn't remember it, even after the re-reading. Not that it's not memorable, I'm sure. Could be due to having lost the last couple rounds with the Insomnia Beast again.

Anyway...

Very cute, quite funny and clever, and it is quite a logical and satisfactory explanation of *that* moment. Which, strangely enough considering how much I *loathe* *Others*, didn't ever really bother me. But then again, I've always liked Marty, in spite of the fact that he's the only guy I ever saw as a real threat to our Ship. Go figure.

Best line I've read in ages--particularly in regards to AUs... “Damn it, Jack. You were up nineteen to one counting our reality and the missing Sam. Happy? "
                Love and hot fudge,
                Bren Ren
                ~
                My stories!
                ~

sigpic

Comment

My brain also goes to other places

Cute fic btw! I was expecting more Bren gutter in it...
                  Yes, well... Sam's still recovering, so I thought I'd go easy on her. But there was a nice bit of implied Gutter at the end!
                  Love and hot fudge,
                  Bren Ren
                  ~
                  My stories!
                  ~

sigpic

Comment

I made another sig, this time from the episode Desperate Measures. I love learning how to make artwork, especially using the lovely faces of Sam and Jack. I have saved some artwork for Valenship. I would love your honest opinions.

I like making longer sigs because it leaves less white space.

I have noticed that I am making episode sigs. Nothing wrong with that. *Goes back to looking for more pics*

EDIT - I just realized I went over the maximum size. Oops, I better fix that.
                    Last edited by Treknik; 25 January 2010, 10:24 AM. Reason: Resized sig
                    sigpic

Comment

As sad as it may sound, there are people who disagree 'cause they enjoy being in opposition, regardless their beliefs, and there are others who don't accept or respect different opinions thinking their opinion is the only truth (so called narrow-mindedness ). In both cases there is no reason why we should get affected by that . It's their choice and their life
                      sigpic

Comment

Treknik - That sig si beautiful It's blended together so well
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok I have a rather um, it's probably a stupid question But when I click on the rep symbol to give someone green, I have to scroll to the top of the page to get the little box, does anyone else have this? I never had to do that before the change
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            Treknik - That sig si beautiful It's blended together so well
                            Thank you, Linda06. I have been playing around in Photoshop (an older version) and found out I love doing this. It also helps that there are a lot of great artists here that give you helpful tips about using certain software. The hard part is finding the right pictures to use.
                            sigpic

Comment

I made another sig, this time from the episode Desperate Measures. I love learning how to make artwork, especially using the lovely faces of Sam and Jack. I have saved some artwork for Valenship. I would love your honest opinions.

I have noticed that I am making episode sigs. Nothing wrong with that. *Goes back to looking for more pics*

Ohh, that's beautiful.
                              I have a copy of the Desperate Measures script signed by Amanada that I'd gotten at some charity auction Legends was doing to benefit one of her Charities. Is it odd that I like that episode because Jack got shot? LOL!
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                                Yes, well... Sam's still recovering, so I thought I'd go easy on her. But there was a nice bit of implied Gutter at the end!
                                I know...I think I thought that while reviewing
                                Jack needs to train her to get her in shape again

...and after that she needs another week to recuporate from that...

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                                As sad as it may sound, there are people who disagree 'cause they enjoy being in opposition, regardless their beliefs, and there are others who don't accept or respect different opinions thinking their opinion is the only truth (so called narrow-mindedness ). In both cases there is no reason why we should get affected by that . It's their choice and their life
                                I know that there are people like that, but I what I said is just my opinion about the whole aspect. It's their choice in life/forum stuff while this is mine. *shrugs*
                                That's why I loved to be on a lot of OT threads in the past(when I had more time) because you talk to people with whom you normally not talk because of different opinions/interests.

Lovely sig; it is really good

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                Ok I have a rather um, it's probably a stupid question But when I click on the rep symbol to give someone green, I have to scroll to the top of the page to get the little box, does anyone else have this? I never had to do that before the change
                                Sorry but nope, I don't have that problem! Works fine for me. I only have to "Accept" it with the mouse all the time instead of enter!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X