Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    We see the inside of Jack's cabin in Insiders, too (Jack's actual cabin, not simply the one actually in the cabin they use the exteriors of) and I think it's implied there are more than two bedrooms as Cam and Landry are sleeping in different places and neither seems to be the sofa. Plus the entire team and Landry were coming up and that's just too many people for one bedroom and the living room - IMHO. So I'm going for at least two.
    Okay, fine, go with canon. See if I argue.

That's Season Nine? Or Ten? Cause those two seasons just didn't stick in my memory the way the first eight years did. I mean, give me a line, a cap, a synopsis from the first eight years, and I can *still* tell ya Season, Ep # and Title. The last couple seasons...

I know which episode "Not exactly" was spoken during. And when Sam arrived beaming with afterglowy joy. And when AU Sam was off on her honeymoon/maternity leave with Jack. And when the funny-but-not-really-real wedding happened. Oh, and when we found out Sam's password is *Fishing*. But other than that... <scratches head> It's all kinda blurry.
    Love and hot fudge,
    Bren Ren
    ~
    My stories!
    ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
      I know which episode "Not exactly" was spoken during. And when Sam arrived beaming with afterglowy joy. And when AU Sam was off on her honeymoon/maternity leave with Jack. And when the funny-but-not-really-real wedding happened. Oh, and when we found out Sam's password is *Fishing*. But other than that... <scratches head> It's all kinda blurry.
      See, now, I adore Uninvited (hey, at least I'm consistent) and several other S9/10 episodes not simply because I actually sort of like the stories () but also, from a ship stand-point, Sam is just so Sam 2.0 and screams Sam-with-Jack. One of the others I adore for this reason is Arthur's Mantle when Cam is surprised Sam spent the night in her lab and her reaction is, basically, that of course she didn't, she slept down the hall. Cause.. you know.. that means she finally got that life Jack was always wanting her to have

And seeing her all relaxed at the cabin like it's a complete non-event after all the years of angst surrounding it just makes me stupidly the entire time.

For some reason, those little things make me happier than the more overt things like fishing being her password. But I'm just weird that way lol

Comment

*snorts* You people are just too bad when it comes down to fishing. *giggles*

As for rooms in the Cabin. I always thought there were multiple bedrooms and at least two. I mean if you think about the fact that already in S8 the four of them go to the cabin, I can't think of the fact that more than two people are sleeping in a room...or Jack must have set up his cabin for multiple people because he invites so many people all the time and they all show up ...no I think it has at least two rooms. S/J in the master bedroom and Daniel and Teal'c in the other one.
        As for Uninvited in S10, I always found that a strange cabin compared to the one we saw from the exterior(I never saw the pond in the S10 one I think) and I'm still curious how they all slept there...Vala, Mitchel, Teal'c, Sam and was Daniel there too or was he in the UK at that moment? (research or so) so that makes 5 people(or 6) and thus someone should have been sharing a bed*blinks* or sleeping on the couch(which seems unlikely) , brought an airbed(sounds okay-ish to me) or slept outside...with the fish...

Which makes me even more confused...

Errrr....I just like to think of the fact that after the team and Landry left, Jack came in and he and Sam had some time of together!
        sigpic

Comment

See, now, I adore Uninvited (hey, at least I'm consistent) and several other S9/10 episodes not simply because I actually sort of like the stories () but also, from a ship stand-point, Sam is just so Sam 2.0 and screams Sam-with-Jack. One of the others I adore for this reason is Arthur's Mantle when Cam is surprised Sam spent the night in her lab and her reaction is, basically, that of course she didn't, she slept down the hall. Cause.. you know.. that means she finally got that life Jack was always wanting her to have

And seeing her all relaxed at the cabin like it's a complete non-event after all the years of angst surrounding it just makes me stupidly the entire time.

For some reason, those little things make me happier than the more overt things like fishing being her password. But I'm just weird that way lol
          This is the very reason I am determined to eventually dig out my Season Nine and Ten discs and do a Shippy rewatch--*Starting* with Threads and moving forward from there thru the rest of SG1, the season of Atlantis Sam was in (four? right? I'm such a bad Shipper....), and of course, the two movies. Ummm... AoT would've taken place before Sam went to Atlantis, IIRC, but what about Continuum? It was vague enough to have gone either before or after, wasn't it? What is the General consensus about the timing of the films vs. Atlantis?
          Love and hot fudge,
          Bren Ren
          ~
          My stories!
          ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
            I agree, marriage certificates make things so much easier The way I've imagined the proposal was something along the lines of them talking and deciding to get married to which Sam replies that they ought to just elope and do it within the next few days because for crying out loud, she's already been engaged twice - let's just get to the main event.
            i had a scene in my head once (and i might have babbled about it here ) of sam and jack driving along, and jack suddenly pulling over and pointing with his head to a chapel. that was jack's way of proposing.

but i could envision many diff ways of the proposing and the marriage ceremony.

*sighs dreamily*
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              *snorts* You people are just too bad when it comes down to fishing. *giggles*
              {Snippity Snip Snip} so that makes 5 people(or 6) and thus someone should have been sharing a bed*blinks* or sleeping on the couch(which seems unlikely) , brought an airbed(sounds okay-ish to me) or slept outside...with the fish...
              I'm sorry in advance, but I cannot resist...
              Daniel's sleepin' with the fishes!
              Love and hot fudge,
              Bren Ren
              ~
              My stories!
              ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                As for Uninvited in S10, I always found that a strange cabin compared to the one we saw from the exterior(I never saw the pond in the S10 one I think) and I'm still curious how they all slept there...Vala, Mitchel, Teal'c, Sam and was Daniel there too or was he in the UK at that moment? (research or so) so that makes 5 people(or 6) and thus someone should have been sharing a bed*blinks* or sleeping on the couch(which seems unlikely) , brought an airbed(sounds okay-ish to me) or slept outside...with the fish...
                Apparently, Sam's used to sleeping with the fish, so maybe that was the solution...

Oh wait, that's what you said there at the end, wasn't it?

Comment

but what about Continuum? It was vague enough to have gone either before or after, wasn't it? What is the General consensus about the timing of the films vs. Atlantis?
                  Continuum came right after she got back from Atlantis. In her last episode in command of Atlantis she mentions going back to earth because they captured the last Ba'al clone.

Comment

Thanks!

In one eye, out the other, I tell ya...
                    Love and hot fudge,
                    Bren Ren
                    ~
                    My stories!
                    ~

sigpic

Comment

And of course, because this is a PG forum, we won't mention. . .

Spoiler:

That she came back from Atlantis to juggle some Ba'als."

;P
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Apparently, Sam's used to sleeping with the fish, so maybe that was the solution...

Oh wait, that's what you said there at the end, wasn't it?

Perhaps a bit too subtle?
                        sigpic

Comment

Uh huh. Yeah. Of course, that could easily place Jack's head in Sam's lap. {SPLASH} But really, the frequent exercise *might* have the opposite effect. Loosening up the joints on a regular basis has been known to help. From time to time. Yes, I am still wallowing in the deep end. *Always*

ROFLOL! Two-minute warning indeed.

Spoiler:

Jack: Two minutes!
                          Sam: Two minutes?! Don't stop now!
                          Jack: Not stopping for nothin'.
                          Sam: For another ninety seconds.
                          Jack: Why are you still talking?
                          Sam: Cause you *stopped*!
                          Jack: ........
                          Sam: Almost there....
                          {Sounds of game resuming emanate from the other room}
                          Sam: NOT STOPPING!!!

Nothin' beats wakin' up in the Gutter!
                          ny and bren, i love it!!

*splashy, splashy in the pretty gutter*
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Which is why, I think, to be honest, TPTB never really considered 'us' wanting or needing more after that. They knew what the cabin meant, we knew what the cabin meant, and they knew we knew what the cabin meant. Heck, John and I weren't even 'shippers' at the time S8 originally aired and *we* knew....
                            i agree.

BUT, it's not enough, if there's still ppl that aren't *sure* if sam and jack actually got together.

~need 3rd movie confirmation~
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              i agree.

BUT, it's not enough, if there's still ppl that aren't *sure* if sam and jack actually got together.

~need 3rd movie confirmation~
                              Who isn't sure??

Non-shippers? Denial
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                Well, speaking as someone who had to sit through WAYYY too many lit classes with professors that have to deconstruct everything, and everything has some "anatomical" meaning (trees, towers, cigars--you following me?). . .I asked one once what feminine symbols were, and apparently, BODIES OF WATER!

Spoiler:
                                So, having a little swimmer bounding through the pond might just be what you're thinking it means.

Purely on a scholarly note. Really.

Truly.

And how many rooms did that little cabin have, anyway? Were Teal'c and Daniel bunking together?
                                Which adds clarity to this little discussion
                                http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...lbum=75&pos=54
                                http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...lbum=75&pos=56

Or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X