• Show
Clear All

Post Joe Faxon.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

The Best Shippy Moment is . . .

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is distracted by Sam’s naked body (11)

vs.

Season 2: A Matter of Time – Jack asks Sam to explain wormhole travel to him (8)
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
        True, but I just can't imagine the scene having been the same if Daniel or Teal'c had found Sam...
        *nods* Oh, I find it creepy thinking about Daniel or Teal'c reacting like that.
        The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by canadianfolk View Post
          This was my first con, and I LOVED that panel. It was the highlight of the weekend, and made all the blisters and waiting in lines worthwhile! What a gem.
          How special is that?!!! I can't tell you how jealous I am of you and everyone else who has seen Rick and/or Amanda in person. What an especially great moment to have caught! My shipper heart would have died from pleasure overload.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
            *nods* Oh, I find it creepy thinking about Daniel or Teal'c reacting like that.
            Daniel would have been looking anywhere but at Sam. And Teal'c may not actually look, but would be helping her cover up more until they could find some clothes for her.

Which reminds me, where did they find clothing for Daniel? He was alone in that room where he was found, so they couldn't conk somebody else on the head and swipe their clothing for him.

Originally posted by AmberLM
            Edit: duh, of course it is, it's season 7! Yeah, I'm an idiot sometimes, anyway, I wonder if he took the hint from Joe asking her to lunch as a way of getting her attention?
            If he did, he was incredibly slow on acting on the hint ... two years later.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Sounds like Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Daniel would have been looking anywhere but at Sam. And Teal'c may not actually look, but would be helping her cover up more until they could find some clothes for her.

Which reminds me, where did they find clothing for Daniel? He was alone in that room where he was found, so they couldn't conk somebody else on the head and swipe their clothing for him.

Another glitch in writing. The only reason why he's got clothes is so we don't see him running around naked.
                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
                  Just out of curiosity, would anyone here be interested in a Sam/Jack fic I recently wrote? It's only the first chapter and there are still quite a few left, and it's a crossover between SG-1 and SGA. :/
                  I would...but let me know when you're done. I've been burned a couple of times were WIPs didn't get completed, so now I wait until they are done before I start.

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                  A very young AT played a prostitute in the X-Files who slept with Skinner and then he woke up to find her neck snapped and no memory of how he got there.
                  I never realized that was HER!! I guess that was before my SG obsession...

A light-hearted Sam/Jack/Jack's gf video
                  http://youtu.be/M4NTOQJ1c9A
                  I LOVE the part where "everybody agrees" and they used the scene with the whole control room cheering. >.<

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                  On a side note, *whew*, finally found the fic I was looking for. I don't always read such fics, but well, just felt like it today. #sg1wedding by Openended
                  Oooo...that looks fun & cute *saves for later*.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                  I'm a Woohoo. Even Amanda knows about us!
                  OK to be fair I'm going to show you my WIP. I'm old style! Paper and pencils for me! What do you think?
                  http://t.co/cBKm39zEDM
                  WOW...you even got the broken eyebrow! Very, very nice. Grace is perfectly recognizable. There is a lot of soul you've captured in the expressions.

I think I prefer this list better
                  http://www.heroesandheartbreakers.co...ous-tv-couples
                  Although I disagree, Buffy and Spike looked much better in leather than Angel ever did
                  Thanks for sharing!! *likes*

I agree, it's so cute the way she looks at him through her eyelashes and he invites her to lunch... Or dinner. Or dessert and coffee , whatever, if I were Sam I'd take all of the above options!
                  This quote from Mulan seems to apply here:

"You wanna stay for dinner?"
                  "You wanna stay forever?!"

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is distracted by Sam’s naked body (11)

vs.

Season 2: A Matter of Time – Jack asks Sam to explain wormhole travel to him (8)

I can't top fem's comment (above).
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is distracted by Sam’s naked body (12)

vs.

Season 2: A Matter of Time – Jack asks Sam to explain wormhole travel to him(8)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

I can't believe they chose Booth&Bones over Sam/Jack in the second list! Not only was their UST not nearly as strong but their RST/relationship once Bones was pregnant has basically ruined the whole show! It's been handled so poorly I only watch the show because there's nothing else on and I still like the murder part, although it seems like the show is all about the characters and their personal lives these days...
                      i've never watched the show, but the thing i highlighted... that seems to be what powers-that-be are afraid of, and sometimes when the *do* resolve it, some fans hate it.

but i don't believe it's *because* they resolved it, but what they did with it after.

but i'd still take bland/boring/meh in the after than not having resolved&confirmed any day!!
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        i've never watched the show, but the thing i highlighted... that seems to be what powers-that-be are afraid of, and sometimes when the *do* resolve it, some fans hate it.

but i don't believe it's *because* they resolved it, but what they did with it after.

but i'd still take bland/boring/meh in the after than not having resolved&confirmed any day!!
                        Absolutely. I've always thought that managing (and maintaining) fan interest after getting a ship to sail is the most challenging part for any show that dares to go all the way with the ship.
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Absolutely. I've always thought that managing (and maintaining) fan interest after getting a ship to sail is the most challenging part for any show that dares to go all the way with the ship.
                          I'm absolutely fine with the tradition of couples not getting together until the end of the series, I think it's the right call. What I'm not fine with is stringing people along for 8 years and leaving the question of whether they got together open. *glares at TPTB* Damn you SG writers/producers/actors! :'(

Comment

I can't believe they chose Booth&Bones over Sam/Jack in the second list! Not only was their UST not nearly as strong but their RST/relationship once Bones was pregnant has basically ruined the whole show! It's been handled so poorly I only watch the show because there's nothing else on and I still like the murder part, although it seems like the show is all about the characters and their personal lives these days...
                            Same here, it was by far at its best a few series ago. The moment that stands out for me is the end of the first Grave Digger episode where Booth runs into the quarry and digs Bones out with his hands.

To me it got destroyed the second they stupidly -and without much build up if I remember correctly - jumped into bed together and had a one night stand, IMO it was completely out of character for Booth. Bones, however, I think was acting completely in character, she'd have quoted some cultural ritual from a tribe somewhere to back her up on the necessity of sexual promiscuity or something.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

but I'd still take bland/boring/meh in the after than not having resolved&confirmed any day!!
                            It was the big jump from 'will they/won't they' to 'we're having a baby, lets move in together' that killed it, there wasn't enough tension in between and I felt like all Bones' concerns were being trivialised, perhaps that's too strong a word. It almost seemed like a fear of not having them paired up together - they've paired off pretty much every other character now. Ah, yes, one has split from their partner this series.

Just dug into my uni notes from last year and found some things that a comedy writer Guy Meredith said about URST.
                            (I wonder what little gems lay lost in my notebooks) Okay, the gist of it, URST should not be resolved, it should be kept running for as long as possible. Addressing the URST and having a declaration/relationship leaves a hole. The show loses potential for a lot of tension and angst and its very difficult to replace it. Apparently a big huge definite reason why a couple cannot be together is the best catalyst for URST because it creates the most tension and angst, i.e. they are both Air Force Officers - plus it ensures longevity and means the production team have to be creative with ways to get around it - alternate time lines, time loops, concussion, time dilation field - because the couple simply cannot ever be together within the parameters/constraints of the show.

Even SG-1 felt the URST 'hole' and moved it over to Vala/Daniel in series 10, IMO it didn't seem to work as well, the reasons for them not getting together were weaker than those for Sam and Jack. And when did these ships get declaration and resolution? The final episodes, Threads/Moebius gave some (limited) resolution for us shippers (which they could get away with because Jack was leaving and thus the parameters of the show suddenly gained flexibility) and Unending gave (again, limited) resolution to the D/V shippers. I think if there weren't plans for films then the URST would have been resolved (to a slightly more satisfying way) in the series.

Would I be right in thinking that the URST between the bar owner in Cheers and someone he had had feelings for since, practically, episode 1 didn't get resolved until the finale? I didn't watch it but it was mentioned in the session.

N.B. Apparently comedy/comedic characters work best when the character doesn't know he or she is funny - perfectly true for Teal'c in the earlier series, but he becomes wise to it later on - does that mean Jack shouldn't work as a comedic character? Thoughts anyone?

Ruddy hell its an essay, I didn't mean to ramble. Blatantly been writing this for too long, Jack4Sam has commented in the 30 odd minutes its taken me to turn this babble into coherent sentences.
                            Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                            If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Eeek. Off to have my tattoo done soon. Scared and excited. Pics when I get back! If I don't scream and run away that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                                Eeek. Off to have my tattoo done soon. Scared and excited. Pics when I get back! If I don't scream and run away that is.
                                You'll be fine And yes please to the pics - you're so brave having the ship tattooed on you.
                                Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                                If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X