No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally unrelated to anything currently happening around here, but I've updated Being There with Shifting.

That is all....

Comment

Yes, we knew what the cabin meant. We knew what fishing meant. But the debate rages on... What did the *fish* mean?

Well, speaking as someone who had to sit through WAYYY too many lit classes with professors that have to deconstruct everything, and everything has some "anatomical" meaning (trees, towers, cigars--you following me?). . .I asked one once what feminine symbols were, and apparently, BODIES OF WATER!

Spoiler:
      So, having a little swimmer bounding through the pond might just be what you're thinking it means.

Purely on a scholarly note. Really.

Truly.

And how many rooms did that little cabin have, anyway? Were Teal'c and Daniel bunking together?
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        I asked one once what feminine symbols were, and apparently, BODIES OF WATER!
        ROFLMAO. Cause, while I'd just suggested the same myself, and have thought that for some time, I only just NOW figured something out:

Now we know why there were suddenly fish in the pond.

EDIT: Getting strange looks from the family atm, btw...

Comment

Hey Aka, is Team Building complete?
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Yes, Little Swimmers. Little propelling tails. . . apparently no one thought of Fishecide, so. . .

Way figurative. And subtle. TPTB are just drenched in subtlety.

And Pol, Team Building is not "complete" per se--

Each little vignette is complete on its own. I just couldn't see adding each one individually. They don't build on each other at all, and there is not, as far as I can tell, any plot whatsoever. I'm thinking I'll do ten in each one, as the mood strikes me--but who knows? That may change. . . ;D
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              ROFLMAO. Cause, while I'd just suggested the same myself, and have thought that for some time, I only just NOW figured something out:

JENN I'm dying here LOL!!!!

Celibacy and ponds takes on so many meanings... and now makes me rethink that rather crass line in my fic I just posted...

Comment

Yes, Little Swimmers. Little propelling tails. . . apparently no one thought of Fishecide, so. . .

Or heck, even a net!

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                  Or heck, even a net!
                  ROFLMAO

*gasps for breath*

*suddenly understands fish stories*

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                    And Bren, I return angst with angst.

Even When You're Here
                    And what bittersweet, beautiful, poignant, sexy Angst! Thank you!
                    Love and hot fudge,
                    Bren Ren
                    ~
                    My stories!
                    ~

sigpic

Comment

*suddenly understands fish stories*
                      now, that would be a size issue--as far as I know, with FISH, it's all about motility. . .
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

It seems to be a fic night...

Just dropping in with the latest Aftershock for those interested.

Good days and Bad days

TAGs S6 Forsaken. Sam/Jack UST.
                        sigpic
                        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

On the marriage thing...

In my personal universe, they married between S8 and S9. They're together; they're both old fashioned enough I think to want a commitment like a marriage and on a practical note it resolves a lot of issues for them regarding their professional lives. So, count me in the 'so married' camp.

However, in the canon universe, I would say there's no definitive evidence one way or another. I think there's a hint in Atlantis when John is congratulating her on her promotion that she thinks he's congratulating her for something else - which would indicate a recent marriage (or an engagement). The deleted scene from Trio would suggest they're not married (although I wouldn't say it rules out an engagement).

Hopefully, movie #3 will confirm they are actually married. Or at least together. With a kiss. Preferably.
                          sigpic
                          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                            I don't know about marriage, but I do think Sam and Jack took their relationship slowly. You know, taking their time with, getting it right. Not diving in head first and it all going knees up, or whatever the expression in. I'd like to believe they got married, and whilst I think it would've been easier, I do think they'd take it one day a time, including the engagement. I don't agree with the idea that they just didn't bother with "dating" as it were, maybe they didn't literally have a first date, second date, third date, kiss, etc, but I do think they spent time getting to know each other.

That, or I'm just a helpless romantic.

I like to think they, in real time, are either engaged or literally just married or something

xoxo
                            Hey you're not in your own little world. I've never been of the opinion that their romantic partnership progressed any faster than the normal pace. Neither Sam or Jack are the impuslive type and, while there's no doubt on either side this relationship is a keeper, I don't see them rushing off to get married two weeks after hooking up. I think maybe a year or two in they would have done so (and I've said before but I guess part of my reasoning is because I always assumed that Atlantis was one of those missions that was for unattached people only so never saw Sam as being married at that point). It's all assumptions though, as is everyone's differing opinions.

My own take on how the engagement happened is here and I think the wedding would have probably beena reliatively small (as in immediate friends and family) affair.

Happy Birthday SamandJackaddict!
                            sigpic

Comment

lol.

It'd be funnier if Daniel caught them and he died. Cause, you know, it's always funny when Daniel dies....

And Daniel almost dies... but he doesn't.

Oh, lordy lord... I like this idea too much. And if I keep this up, I'm gonna wear out my keyboard.

Well, speaking as someone who had to sit through WAYYY too many lit classes with professors that have to deconstruct everything, and everything has some "anatomical" meaning (trees, towers, cigars--you following me?). . .I asked one once what feminine symbols were, and apparently, BODIES OF WATER!

Spoiler:
                              So, having a little swimmer bounding through the pond might just be what you're thinking it means.

Purely on a scholarly note. Really.

Truly.

And how many rooms did that little cabin have, anyway? Were Teal'c and Daniel bunking together?
                              1) Feminine symbols... Bodies of water... flowers blooming... oysters... an hourglass... just to name a couple...
                              2) Little swimmers in the pond... I... Umm... I... Sorry, cannot comment in anything less than strictly NC17 territory, so I'll have to give this one a pass.
                              ) I have seen the inside of Jack's cabin. (It was used in the short-lived TV series "Men in Trees. I only wish I had first-hand experience...) There is only one bedroom. Danny-boy and T-man shared the living room. One on the couch (probly the Spacemonkey) and the other on the floor (cause it's much easier to kel-no-reem down there anyway). They'd just have to crank the volume on the stereo up when Sam & Jack got too noisy.

My fam's learned to roll their eyes and ignore me profusely.

As for fish in the pond.. It all makes sense now. I have seen the light. And it is shining in my eyes. Out, out damn spot!

*Subtelty*? Is that what we're calling it these days?

now, that would be a size issue--as far as I know, with FISH, it's all about motility. . .
                              Sheds a whole new light on the ol' phrase "It's the motion of the ocean, not the size of the wave."

Drench the Thread in Gutter talk and you can't shut me up! What a shocker!!
                              Last edited by BrenRen; 24 January 2010, 02:49 PM.
                              Love and hot fudge,
                              Bren Ren
                              ~
                              My stories!
                              ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post

I have seen the inside of Jack's cabin. (It was used in the short-lived TV series "Men in Trees. I only wish I had first-hand experience...) There is only one bedroom. Danny-boy and T-man shared the living room. One on the couch (probly the Spacemonkey) and the other on the floor (cause it's much easier to kel-no-reem down there anyway). They'd just have to crank the volume on the stereo up when Sam & Jack got too noisy.
                                We see the inside of Jack's cabin in Insiders, too (Jack's actual cabin, not simply the one actually in the cabin they use the exteriors of) and I think it's implied there are more than two bedrooms as Cam and Landry are sleeping in different places and neither seems to be the sofa. Plus the entire team and Landry were coming up and that's just too many people for one bedroom and the living room - IMHO. So I'm going for at least two.
                                Last edited by JenniferJF; 24 January 2010, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X