No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is sort of a punishment then a reward for sneaking on here at work. Ick ick ick, Pete never happened is my mantra Then lots of shippy goodness, thanks fems! Those pics were a great distraction.
    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
      I reckon so, he respected Sam too much. Look at the way he carefully removed her sedative tubes in "Out of Mind". That's what would have made a final payoff scene so good, I'm guessing finally removing the regs barrier would have ended in some hot fireworks! I'm pretty sure Amanda has hinted as much when asked about what she thinks Sam and Jack will get up to once the regs go away.

Here's a summary of her answer in response to what Sam and Jack are up to these days:

"Fishing. Jack would be sitting on the dock, I [Sam] would be fixing up a little martini, then we'd go into the cabin and ... You, know, stuff..." Severe blushing ensues and she fans herself as the audience whoop "it just got a little hot in here!" - Lolz!
      She's hilarious Stuff is shippiness.
      Nah, I'm not suggesting he'd disrespect her wishes, his respect and protectiveness is what makes them so sweet.

And awesome pictures, fems. I think Jack needs to look at that gif. the first two are positively hilarious...
      Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
      My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

I love all the shippy visuals Thanks fems, if you look back there really are so many little shippy moments where Jack or Sam chose to be close to each other. For instance where Jack's head is on Sams stomach, he easily could have moved near Daniel.... it's always Sam
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
          I reckon so, he respected Sam too much. Look at the way he carefully removed her sedative tubes in "Out of Mind". That's what would have made a final payoff scene so good, I'm guessing finally removing the regs barrier would have ended in some hot fireworks! I'm pretty sure Amanda has hinted as much when asked about what she thinks Sam and Jack will get up to once the regs go away.

Here's a summary of her answer in response to what Sam and Jack are up to these days:

"Fishing. Jack would be sitting on the dock, I [Sam] would be fixing up a little martini, then we'd go into the cabin and ... You, know, stuff..." Severe blushing ensues and she fans herself as the audience whoop "it just got a little hot in here!" - Lolz!
          Yes and there was that other confirmation scene AT once mentioned she thought should happen. Something to do with Jack, Sam, and a bed and basically a very casual "oh look who are romantically involved now" without all the fuss and build up. I think she mentioned it at a con somewhere because I recall typing her answer out here on GW after watching something on YT (?). While I liked the sound of the scene it unfortunately also bears some resemblance to the Jack/Kerry scene, so it's unlikely it would have played out the same for Sam and Jack.

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
          I love all the shippy visuals Thanks fems, if you look back there really are so many little shippy moments where Jack or Sam chose to be close to each other. For instance where Jack's head is on Sams stomach, he easily could have moved near Daniel.... it's always Sam
          Glad you guys are enjoying them. You're bound to see lots more pics of touches, moments and looks on Ship Day...
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            Glad you guys are enjoying them. You're bound to see lots more pics of touches, moments and looks on Ship Day...
            :/ At the risk of sounding stupid, when's Ship Day?

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
              I'm new here, so I'd also like to know

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
                It's on July 28th, on the anniversary of the airing of Divide and Conquer All the other shippy holidays (Shipsgiving, Shipmas, Valenship) are always on a Saturday near the actual holiday's date, for which we usually vote about a month in advance if I'm not mistaken.
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Sounds great. Is there a thread created for it, or something?

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                    On the subject of shippy music, I found Nickleback have some perfect S/J songs.

I'd come for you
                    Never gonna be alone
                    Trying not to love you

can't listen to them without picturing
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      Yes and there was that other confirmation scene AT once mentioned she thought should happen. Something to do with Jack, Sam, and a bed and basically a very casual "oh look who are romantically involved now" without all the fuss and build up. I think she mentioned it at a con somewhere because I recall typing her answer out here on GW after watching something on YT (?). While I liked the sound of the scene it unfortunately also bears some resemblance to the Jack/Kerry scene, so it's unlikely it would have played out the same for Sam and Jack.

Thanks for sharing! I love that AT is on board the ship train but I agree, I think it would be too similar to Kerry. Still, Sam, Jack, a bed... I'm cool with that! *dives into gutter*.

There's a bit in the incredibly annoying interview with Steve Jones from uk's T4 show where he asks "if you were slipping out of your fatigues, really tired, who would you choose, Captain Jack O'Neill (- I know, don't get me started, he ain't Jack Sparrow!) or Captain Jonathan Archer?" - and she chooses Jack, of course.

Honestly, I would've liked to have seen their "get together" scene though. We got so many "almost" scenes, the "national treasure" scene, the almost 'I love you' on the ship in the same ep, the interrupted by Kerry scene etc that it would have been nice to see how it went down.
                      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Yes, around the time someone (I think lately it's been hlndncr) organizes the voting someone else will usually make the invitations that will be spread around several shippy threads on the forum to inform everyone of when the holiday is. Also, one of the shippers will offer to open the special shippy holiday thread at the right time and after 24 hours some of the last shippers remaining/still upright will notify the mods and they will close the thread. That way all the shippy celebrations of that day will be in one thread, making it easier for people to find it later on and catching up on what they've missed. It usually stays stickied for about a week if I'm not mistaken and most people subscribe to the thread the moment it's opened (to make it easier to find, read and participate) and then it will slowly drop.

Feel free to correct me if necessary, more experienced shippers!

Some links:

Valenship 2013
                        Shipmas 2012
                        Shipsgiving 2012
                        Ship Day 2012
                        Valenship 2012
                        Shipmas 2011
                        Shipsgiving 2011
                        Ship Day 2011

ETA:
                        There's usually one or more lists at one of the last pages with links to the various art, vids and fics (old and new, clearly labeled) that have been shared on that holiday.
                        Last edited by fems; 29 March 2013, 01:45 PM.
                        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                          [video=youtube;iKImexKmycs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKImexKmycs[video]
                          *shippy sigh*

DM's vids are always awesome.
                          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Thanks for the info looking forward to participate in this year's ship festivities.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                              This is sort of a punishment then a reward for sneaking on here at work. Ick ick ick, Pete never happened is my mantra Then lots of shippy goodness, thanks fems! Those pics were a great distraction.
                              My theory on the issue is that they had a couple of dates, and then Pete got offered a great job opportunity clear across the country. He wanted Sam to go with him, but she refused, so they broke up. The end of that relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                My theory on the issue is that they had a couple of dates, and then Pete got offered a great job opportunity clear across the country. He wanted Sam to go with him, but she refused, so they broke up. The end of that relationship.
                                I just love RDA's laugh when someone asks him about the Pete issue in an interview and his subsequent "Apparently he's no threat to O'Neill!" - that's one guy I don't mind being smug about his smouldering looks/irresistible personality unlike Steve Jones!
                                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Working...
                                X