Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning campers...

Apparently I missed some interesting discussions about Sam & Jack and the possibility of marital strife... thanks to a lovely power-outage here after some really wild winds knocked down half the towns power lines. No electricity for almost 24 hours gave me serious technology withdrawals I'm only just coming back down from. So as far as the discussion goes... I got nothin' new to add.

I've got linkies, tho! For anyone in the family who'd like their very own copy of my vids, I finally got around to figuring out the whole MegaUpload thingy, so if you'd like to watch The 2010 Subtext vid, or the After All Redux vid, or the Jack O'Neill Can Do Anything He Wants vid, or my personal fave, the Every Sam & Jack Kiss Ever vid, you won't have to worry about whether those meanie youtube copyright pirate nazis have taken them down over there.

Enjoy!

Love and hot fudge,
    Bren Ren
    ~
    My stories!
    ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Spoiler:
      I still think it would have been fun to have had Jack "need" to give Carter mouth to mouth. . .
      Or the other way around...

Okay, Hedwig, this one's for you!

Spoiler:
      The door opened slowly, allowing water to pour into the corridor. Carter and O'Neill drifted back down the floor, struggling to balance themselves in the frigid water, still trying to keep breathing.

O'Neill couldn't keep himself from reaching out for her--as if to reassure himself that she was still moving, still alive.

So close. It had been so close. And would that have been recompense for the things he'd done wrong in his life? To have to watch her drown in front of him--to have watched those eyes lose their life, and to not have been able to do a thing to help her?

Their feet eventually reached the floor, and still he grasped her vest, his hand numb, his pulse racing.

"You okay?"

"I think so, sir."

"Let's go get warmed up."

"Okay, sir. Thanks." She was breathing hard--and had started to shiver.

"I thought for a minute there that I'd have to do some CPR."

Their eyes locked, and she smiled a little through her cold, bluish lips. "I'll still let you if you want."

He suddenly felt a whole lot warmer.

Tee hee hee.
      Love it!
      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        So, I've been really busy, but can I rec Soleya's Reclaiming Carter? It's really fantastic.

Did someone rec this already? I'm sorry if so, I've been utterly swamped with writing (not to mention the torrential rains that have flooded my backyard.
        I just finished reading this story. First, I want to say thank you for this fic rec, Pol, it was an excellent read. Second, based on the first sentence in the warning, I would never have read this story if it hadn't been rec'd.

Reclaiming Carter comments - I wouldn't want to spoil the story for someone
        Spoiler:
        I do not like rape stories, but the twist in this one was believable. The way it was written allowed me to accept the situation and embrace it for what it was. I liked the tempo of the story and it feels similar to the way Sam and Jack would have reacted to the problem. Nice and slow. It wasn't rushed and all about the 'let's get together and have sex'. It was more about their feelings and how comfortable they were together. It was more emotional than physical, so you could feel the angst of what Sam went through and how Jack helped her through it. Nicely done.
        sigpic
        I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          Because they're S/J.

How deep is that

and erm...penguins

you're incorrigible, but I love you like this anyway!

Oh and the new forum...ask Jack...it has to do with magnets *cough*

if anyone finds my sanity...please return it to me...
          Sanity? What sanity? *pushes sanity further behind body and slightly below gutter water level* Besides, why would you want to be sane? I don't know that I'd like following a SANE Queen...Where's the fun in that, lol?
          <snipped>
          Errrr...

I iz innocent!
          Of course you are...
          I'm sure there are more*looks around*

*nobody reacts*

I'll get dangerous if someone doesn't speak up

<snipped>
          I believe you and totally agree!!!! You ARE innocent!!! Totally innocent!!! *keeps hiding sanity*

Oh!!! So a totally random OT...Yesterday I was in Educational Technology and my teacher was explaining how to use Excel to make a spreadsheet for those that didn't know how. We were supposed to put down about 5 types of food, and he was listing them off. It was mostly foods common in America (pizza, green beans, etc) and then the last one was veggiemite (sp?). Everyone got all confused because they'd never heard of it, but not me! I was thinking "I know that!!! Some of my online friends have mentioned it! Score another point for culteral broadenings by internet!" And then the teacher said it's this awful stuff that's like tofu and that it's hardly ever found in the US, but that his daughter started liking it a few years when she went traveling and that's what her host family gave her.
          Last edited by TrueRomantic; 22 January 2010, 12:43 PM.
          sigpic
          Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
            Starlover tries to save Jack -

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...jack_help3.gif Oh no you don't! My fish are the only ones he plays with!
            He does love playing with her fish...es...

Spoiler:
            I still think it would have been fun to have had Jack "need" to give Carter mouth to mouth. . .
            WRITE IT!! WRITE IT!

Spoiler:
            The door opened slowly, allowing water to pour into the corridor. Carter and O'Neill drifted back down the floor, struggling to balance themselves in the frigid water, still trying to keep breathing.

O'Neill couldn't keep himself from reaching out for her--as if to reassure himself that she was still moving, still alive.

So close. It had been so close. And would that have been recompense for the things he'd done wrong in his life? To have to watch her drown in front of him--to have watched those eyes lose their life, and to not have been able to do a thing to help her?

Their feet eventually reached the floor, and still he grasped her vest, his hand numb, his pulse racing.

"You okay?"

"I think so, sir."

Their eyes locked, and she smiled a little through her cold, bluish lips. "I'll still let you if you want."

Tee hee hee.
            Love it!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Wait, we're talking about wanting Jack to give Sam mouth to mouth... but with the Day of Indulgence coming up there's always the great cliche'd story of...

Spoiler:
              Shared Body Heat. I mean, when going hypothermic who *doesn't* want to go fishing??? I know that's my first thought when I walk outside in this Minnesota winter!

Comment

Love it!
                Happy to help, ma'am.

And as for the shared body heat--Antarctica, anyone?

Sidearms, indeed.
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                  Wait, we're talking about wanting Jack to give Sam mouth to mouth... but with the Day of Indulgence coming up there's always the great cliche'd story of...

Spoiler:
                  Shared Body Heat. I mean, when going hypothermic who *doesn't* want to go fishing??? I know that's my first thought when I walk outside in this Minnesota winter!

When is this Day of Indulgence? Inquiring minds and all of that.
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Spoiler:

"You okay?"

"I think so, sir."

Tee hee hee.
                    Awesome! So Good

Spoiler:

*snort* First word that came to my mind was : retreat

*shivers* No thank you...I'll keep it on cuddling and staying alive then
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                      When is this Day of Indulgence? Inquiring minds and all of that.
                      It's this LJ thing where you give yourself permission to write the most cliche'd or OOC fic you've ever wanted to write but would never ever do *just because* .... here's the linky linky: Day of Indulgence

I'm contemplating what cliche I want to do. I have too many ideas. I need like a week of indulgence

Comment

It's this LJ thing where you give yourself permission to write the most cliche'd or OOC fic you've ever wanted to write but would never ever do *just because* .... here's the linky linky: Day of Indulgence

I'm contemplating what cliche I want to do. I have too many ideas. I need like a week of indulgence
                        Thanks! *runs off to check it out*
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                          Sanity? What sanity? *pushes sanity further behind body and slightly below gutter water level* Besides, why would you want to be sane? I don't know that I'd like following a SANE Queen...Where's the fun in that, lol?

Of course you are...

I believe you and totally agree!!!! You ARE innocent!!! Totally innocent!!! *keeps hiding sanity*

Oh!!! So a totally random OT...Yesterday I was in Educational Technology and my teacher was explaining how to use Excel to make a spreadsheet for those that didn't know how. We were supposed to put down about 5 types of food, and he was listing them off. It was mostly foods common in America (pizza, green beans, etc) and then the last one was veggiemite (sp?). Everyone got all confused because they'd never heard of it, but not me! I was thinking "I know that!!! Some of my online friends have mentioned it! Score another point for culteral broadenings by internet!" And then the teacher said it's this awful stuff that's like tofu and that it's hardly ever found in the US, but that his daughter started liking it a few years when she went traveling and that's what her host family gave her.
                          But I love vegemite!!! Iz like ta best! And it goes well with peanut butter. No, not really, but I have tried it...

And er, + =
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                            But I love vegemite!!! Iz like ta best! And it goes well with peanut butter. No, not really, but I have tried it...

And er, + =
                            I can't do Vegemite. Blech. When I lived in Australia the girl next door could eat it out of the jar with a spoon. I have however met an Aussie that doesn't like it (and he has to preface all his trips outside Australia with this fact because apparently people will go to some lengths to get it for him).

Er. On topic.

I'll be Sam and Jack don't like Vegemite...

Gutter
                            Spoiler:
                            Chocolate is so much tastier to use for...
                            oh wait... We're trying to be PG here...

Comment

It's this LJ thing where you give yourself permission to write the most cliche'd or OOC fic you've ever wanted to write but would never ever do *just because* .... :

It's tough for me enjoy stories written where the characters are too out of character. But lots of people do seem to love it!

Cliche's, for the most part, I enjoy (so long as the characters sound like they do in the show! ) , because, really, the show was filled with 'em!

Go to the last page and vote for your fave episode . . . http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...8&goto=newpost
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                                It's tough for me enjoy stories written where the characters are too out of character. But lots of people do seem to love it!

Cliche's, for the most part, I enjoy (so long as the characters sound like they do in the show! ) , because, really, the show was filled with 'em!

Go to the last page and vote for your fave episode . . . http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...8&goto=newpost
                                I'm much the same way - I just pulled the OOC from the thing itself (because people write OOC pairings for the Day of Indulgence) - I prefer to stick with my S/J in a cliche when the fics are posted

Comment

Working...
                                X