No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

personally, i would just like to see the dude retire. after 30 plus year of serving his country, 7 of those being on the front line defending the planet and the next 8 behind a desk, the man should be able to retire, marry sam and live happily ever after.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
      Game questions...

Spoiler:
      How many episodes are there? Are these released week by week? And Jack dies?!
      Answers:

Spoiler:

3 episodes are programmed into the app portal that comes with the initial download. Currently, only one is accessible. I don't know when the following two episodes will be released, or if there will ultimately be more than three.

Only *a* Jack O'Neill. From a possible future. So... yes and no. Jack O'Neill dies.

Aww... someone beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
        Game spoilers/answer
        Spoiler:
        The game shows three episodes on the main screen but only allows you to access the first one at this time. I'm not sure when they'll release the other episodes... haven't read anything ;(

The 'General' Jack dies after he makes it through the stargate back in time, SG-1 (minus their Jack who is off-world at the time) watches him fall through the stargate... they are in for quite a shock when their Jack comes back and finds a version of himself dead. We are led to believe that Sam and Teal'c also died at we witness Daniel take a staff blast to the back.

The new baddie has a device that allows her to manipulate time.
        Thanks, Meredith! And Selene too.

I've always wondered about the General/Colonel bit! Maybe if I wait for the PC game, they'll have the complete version without needing to wait for the rest of the episodes...
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Thanks, Meredith! And Selene too.

I've always wondered about the General/Colonel bit! Maybe if I wait for the PC game, they'll have the complete version without needing to wait for the rest of the episodes...
          I personally think that's what they'll end up doing. I can't see them selling small versions of the game unless they add a lot more to each 'episode'.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
            I personally think that's what they'll end up doing. I can't see them selling small versions of the game unless they add a lot more to each 'episode'.
            It'd suck to have to pay for each episode that comes out though. It's like pay-per-view TV.
            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

It'd suck to have to pay for each episode that comes out though. It's like pay-per-view TV.
              Yea I think I'm going to wait for the PC version to come out, unless the other episodes are cheap.
              sigpic

Comment

That's what I'm concerned about. At first I was excited because I thought I got three "episodes" for $5, which would have definitely been worth the investment.

If it's $5 per episode, it's such a rip off. I'm hoping the 2 coming episodes will be included, and will just be considered an upgrade/update. If not, I'll wait for the PC version. Maybe. That cliffhanger is a doozy, so I really shouldn't commit to a boycott.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  I hope somebody will make an announcement on the thread if and when the game is released for PCs. Please, please, please.
                  Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  So these are currently available on on Androids and iPhones? Isn't an android one of those tablet thingies?
                  Spoiler:
                  Android can be on a phone or a tablet -my cell phone is an android (so, it's not an iPhone, but it is a smart phone).
                  It's supposed to be available in about a month on android phones and tablets...but I still don't know if my Nexus will be capable of playing it...but maybe on my smart phone...with the teeny tiny display screen.

I will keep my ear to the ground about a PC version, because I think I would prefer to use it that way.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I'm enjoying the game, and I, too, caught the 'shippy' stuff noted above.

!!
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Jack The Shroud4.jpg

...he's worried about her, isn't he?
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                        [ATTACH]37378[/ATTACH]

I love that picture
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                          [ATTACH]37378[/ATTACH]

I'm worried about him, too. He's so pale! Obviously Jack needs to take Sam to the cabin for a vacation and work on his tan.

He also looked really awful in that two-parter of SGA, very pale and yellow-ish. But then so did Woolsey, so I'm hoping it was bad lighting.
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Why is it so quiet in here?

On FFnet or AO3

Comment

My favorite obscure shippy moment is:
                                1. Season 4, The Light: Sam learns that Jack made (and lost) a bet with Daniel about her
                                2. Season 2, A matter of time: when Jack asks Sam to explain wormhole travelling to him again
                                3. Season 3, Fair Game: When Sam goes to wish Jack luck with the negotiations (which is after the more obvious shippy moment lol)
                                4. Season 2, Secrets: when Jack meets Jacob and Sam/Jack share the "We have our moments" smile
                                5. Season 8, Threads: the looks, Sam's (second) use of 'Jack-isms' and the double entendre just before Daniel appears: "Ya think?" *gazing at Sam warmly* "I do!"
                                6. Season 2, The Tok'ra, Part 1 Jack being concerned for her when he tells martouf that he wants her home by midnight.
                                7. Season 7, Lost City: The double-or-nothing bet about the crossword. I just love how Sam is puzzled by the fact that Jack spent all that time in his truck to finish the puzzle despite the fate of the galaxy being at risk and then he oh so proudly hands over the crossword to her. Plus, Sam's reactions when she reads what he actually wrote!
                                8. Season 7, Fallen: When they first arrive in the City of the Lost, Jack says that Teal'c plays a Jaffa on TV - Sam bites her lip to keep from giggling.
                                9. Season 7, Birthright: SG1 just got Ishta and all the female Jaffa out of the clutches of Molech. One of them's in the infirmary and as they're talking about Jack she starts telling Sam that one day she hopes to have that kind of bond as well. Sam goes off on how it's not that kind of bond etc completely misinterpreting what female Jaffa meant.
                                10. Season 7, Heroes Part 1: Sam's interview where basically she gushes about her CO who's done more for the program than anyone's ever done for anything. (in love much)
                                11. Season 6, Cure: when Jack asks how the symbiote can have kids without a "man-friend", and then he turns a cute befuddled look at Carter
                                12. Season 3, Jolinar's Memories: When SG-1 and Martouf are going to Netu and Martouf is pushing Sam to try again with the memory recall device, and Jack takes him aside and in no uncertain terms tells him to back off, that's she's doing the best she can. And when Martouf tries to argue about the stakes in the mission, Jack tells him she knows very well what the stakes are and that it's her own father involved in the mission. (I felt like Jack wanted to punch Marty about then.)
                                13. Season 5: Red Sky. When Jack looks at Carter after she explains about a shift in light frequency and says he thought he was having a stroke.
                                14) Season 5, Enemies: When Jack and Sam are walking through apock-head's mothership (that's what jack called in the COTG final cut) and sam tells him she's having a good time and he tells her "You go girl"
                                15. Season 3, Jolinar's Memories: Jack objects to the guards taking Sam to Bynarr, gets shot, and Sam steps between Jack and the guards, holding her hands up to get them to leave him alone.
                                16. Season 6, Prometheus: When Jack wants to call the ship the Enterprise and Sam tells him they can't
                                17. Season 5, Enemies: SG-1 plus Selmak/Jacob have been flung into the far reaches of space. Jack and Jacob get into a friendly verbal sparring session, and after Jacob delivers a parting quip, Sam follows her father while telling Jack "Welcome to my life".
                                18) Season 7, Avenger 2.0: when Felger's machine explodes in his lab and Sam ducks behind Jack to shield herself from the sparks.
                                19.) Season 7: Death Knell. When Jack held Sam after rescuing her at the end of the episode. I loved the interaction when she handed him the piece of the weapon before he could finish asking her for it. Then he held her close as she rested once Anubis' soldier was destroyed.
                                20) Season 3, Crystal Skull: Lap sitting. 'Nuff said. (maybe not obscure enough...)
                                21) Season 7, Space Race: Jack stands close to Carter, looks at the schematics she's holding and says "that's not our language". and she returns with "It's mine, sir." Then he rubs her shoulder a bit-- can't tell if it's affection or apology, but either way, it's adorably shippy. Actually, that whole scene, including the bit with Teal'c, is entirely shippy. Why don't we talk about that one more?
                                22) Season 6, Redemption I: When Jack and Sam fly the first prototype of the X-302, he asks about Phasers and hears Sam's apologetic response. I'm pretty sure she's smiling despite the situation.
                                23) Season 6, Metamorphosis: Sam leans her head on his shoulders when he orders her to get some rest.
                                24) Season 6, Descent: Jack patting Sam on the shoulder as she is trying to open the door to the glider bay on Anubis's mothership
                                25) Season 5, Proving Ground: Sam points the Beretta at Jack and announces that he has been compromised. He tells her exactly what he thinks of it later when he's still on the ground.
                                26) Season 4, Prodigy: Jack meeting Sam and Jennifer Hailey at the gate (their welcoming committee), and the interaction they have.
                                27) Season 8, It's good to be King (I think): They're inspecting the jumper and when a noise sneaks up on them, they both stand to the ready, with Sam smoothly taking the sidearm from Jack's thigh holster.

28) Season 7, Grace: when Sam hallucinates Jack and he tells her to stop calling him 'Sir' because he's a figment of her imagination, he also calls her "Samantha". I find this intriguing (she also has Teal'c calling her Samantha, but that's beside the point) and wonder if she really wants him to call her Samantha in more intimate situations...
                                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X