Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
    Okay, I just looked at Linda06's sig and the width of her Solitudes one is 681. I wanted to make a long sig too, because there is so much extra room when you use a 600 X 180 sig.

I just realized I hit 200 posts (talking to myself mostly)! Multiply that by 10 and I can finally use the custom avatar I made. This is a happy and sad moment. and
    Hey I just want to be an inspiration to you - I started back here in July 2009 (I joined 2006) with only 300 posts. Look where I'm at now - proving that it CAN BE DONE. You can do it. I believe in you.

Comment

Okay, I just looked at Linda06's sig and the width of her Solitudes one is 681. I wanted to make a long sig too, because there is so much extra room when you use a 600 X 180 sig.

I just realized I hit 200 posts (talking to myself mostly)! Multiply that by 10 and I can finally use the custom avatar I made. This is a happy and sad moment. and
      Well unless they've changed the rules when I wasn't looking the sigs are 700 x 200 but that's for the wholearea where the signature goes So you have to take into account any texts or smileys underneath your sig I know they changed the dimentions for the Avatars, can't remember what the new sizes are that you're allowed.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I asked in that thread and am waiting for the answer. I noticed as I have been looking at the sigs in the forums, their sizes range in width from 650 down to around 500 or lower. It isn't a standard size, but more of a preference, so I was trying to find out the maximum.

Thumbnails, they're not so fun to look at though. I want to see all the pretty artwork in its true size.

Thanks for the help, Starlover.
        You're welcome...and I was speaking about pictures in general ...not sigs only lol...but I answered your question on the artwork thread

As for a thumbnail; when you click on it you see the true size It's just a sort of mini preview

So it is time for the Grace kiss yet...seeing how quiet it is in here?
        sigpic

Comment

On sizes of sigs and avies:

If you go to the link for custom avies you'll find custom avies must be 120x120 or 19.5kb, whichever is smaller. Similarly, if you go to the sig page you'll find they must be 700x180 or 53.7kb, whichever is smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
            Oh oh! I know, Jack wanted at least 1000 thread count sheets because the cheaper ones made his skin itch.

Wait, we're not talking about Sam and Jack's bed are we?

(Well they changed our thread b/c the old version was no longer going to be supported by the creators which meant that if the thread crashed for any reason, it would take a really long time, like months to fix where as this is the new version that will be supported - that's what was said on that one thread somewhere)
            LOL! Great explanation, 1000 thread count sheets.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            You're welcome...and I was speaking about pictures in general ...not sigs only lol...but I answered your question on the artwork thread

As for a thumbnail; when you click on it you see the true size It's just a sort of mini preview

So it is time for the Grace kiss yet...seeing how quiet it is in here?
            Yes!
            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              On sizes of sigs and avies:

If you go to the link for custom avies you'll find custom avies must be 120x120 or 19.5kb, whichever is smaller. Similarly, if you go to the sig page you'll find they must be 700x180 or 53.7kb, whichever is smaller.
              Thanks, Starlover helped me out with the linking to the artwork thread.

Skydiver states -
              For sigs:
              no more than 200 pixels tall
              no more than 700 pixels wide
              no more than 50K

Please note this is the sum total of ALL of your sig, not each element.

Darren states - concerning any changes due to the new software.
              Signature limits are moderator-imposed and have nothing to do with the forum software, so no -- all that stays the same.

Now, I need to go back and check on my sizes.

EDIT - is Skydiver correct on the 50K, or is this a typo?

EDIT2 - Okay, nevermind. I was thinking something else. Oops, brain fart. I get those a lot lately.
              Last edited by Treknik; 22 January 2010, 06:47 AM.
              sigpic
              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

GRaaaaaaaaaaaaace Oh here are thou...

School released me from their exam making and report making cage for a week...so...be warned mwahahahaha*cough*

*huggles kiss*...can you even huggle a kiss?

*gets some ideas in her head about huggling other things...*

Errrr...

I iz innocent!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Starlover helped me out with the linking to the artwork thread.

Skydiver states -
                  For sigs:
                  no more than 200 pixels tall
                  no more than 700 pixels wide
                  no more than 50K

Please note this is the sum total of ALL of your sig, not each element.

Darren states - concerning any changes due to the new software.
                  Signature limits are moderator-imposed and have nothing to do with the forum software, so no -- all that stays the same.

Now, I need to go back and check on my sizes.

EDIT - is Skydiver correct on the 50K, or is this a typo?
                  Sky is indeed correct about the 50K.

Is there someway to figure out how tall my smilies are? I seem to need to resize all of my sigs again as they have been cut off since the new format happened.
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post

Is there someway to figure out how tall my smilies are? I seem to need to resize all of my sigs again as they have been cut off since the new format happened.
                    Right click on your smileys and then properties in that thingie...you'll see the size then...I already see that one of your smileys is 84x63 px. (second one from the left)

EDIT: Sorry if the names are wrong, but my computer isn't in English so I have to guess/translate my stuff
                    sigpic

Comment

School released me from their exam making and report making cage for a week...so...be warned mwahahahaha*cough*

Errrr...

I iz innocent!

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post

I right clicked on one of your smilies and it says it is 84 x 63
                      sigpic

Comment

Errrr...

I iz innocent!
                        Yes! I love this one! The hottest Sam and Jack kiss ever.

The slower the gif, the faster your heat beats, and the higher your temperature soars. Sounds like a great cure for most ailments.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          *sticks tongue out*

I iz.

And don't forget to delete the img tags

I right clicked on one of your smilies and it says it is 84 x 63
                          *nods*

I was faster ...he he...

*runs away from Linda´s wrath* ...or wraith
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes! I love this one! The hottest Sam and Jack kiss ever.

The slower the gif, the faster your heat beats, and the higher your temperature soars. Sounds like a great cure for most ailments.
                            The slowness...that is what I love. I love the moment when I'm on my image heavy PB account and it is REALLY slowly loading...*sigh* So good...

*twirls around*

sigpic

Comment

The slowness...that is what I love. I love the moment when I'm on my image heavy PB account and it is REALLY slowly loading...*sigh* So good...

*twirls around*

Oh, I need to see that.

*twirls around next to you* in slo-mo
                              sigpic

Comment

*sticks tongue out*

I iz.
                                hmm hmm *raises eyebrow Teal'c style* So....Does anyone believe her

And don't forget to delete the img tags
                                I know, I forgot and noticed after I clicked submit and went back to fix it What? I'm ill, you have to forgive my little mishap

*nods*

I was faster ...he he...

*runs away from Linda´s wrath* ...or wraith
                                *throws swordfish at starlover* What? I'm too tired to chase you
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X