Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    So, in the holy tradition of Brangelina and Bennifer, what do we call this pairing?

Jamantha?

Sirrarter?

Sack?
    LOL!!!!!! Generally I use the shorter nicknames because I'm too lazy to spell out whole sames. Just like why I usually use S/J rather than Sam/Jack, lol.
    Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    No, and no. Unlike nearly every other stargate ship, this one is known simply as Sam/Jack. A fact for which, I might add, I am eternally grateful cause as much as I like the story, I'm not sure I could be associated with a cutesy name

Cutesy names aren't so bad, lol...

Actually, I think most of my ships have a nickname, lol. Jack/Sam and Booth/Bones (from Bones, lol) are the only ones I can think of that I've never seen or used a nickname for. At least I don't think Booth/Bones have one...
    sigpic
    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
      LOL!!!!!! Generally I use the shorter nicknames because I'm too lazy to spell out whole sames. Just like why I usually use S/J rather than Sam/Jack, lol.

Cutesy names aren't so bad, lol...

Actually, I think most of my ships have a nickname, lol. Jack/Sam and Booth/Bones (from Bones, lol) are the only ones I can think of that I've never seen or used a nickname for. At least I don't think Booth/Bones have one...
      BB! More of an abbreviation then a nickname though...
      And er, + =
      sigpic

Comment

Actually, IIRC, somebody somewhere called Sam/Jack ship Jam. And made a joke how according to Vala the script in '200' was packed full of jam.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          Actually, IIRC, somebody somewhere called Sam/Jack ship Jam. And made a joke how according to Vala the script in '200' was packed full of jam.
          Wow. I never thought about it that way. Well it did have some jam...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
            BB! More of an abbreviation then a nickname though...
            And er, + =
            Yeah, but that's just like saying SJ, which I've also seen...

That's it!! The smilies are our cutesy name, lol!!
            sigpic

Comment

I personally like the Jam thing. There's even a song (sort of) that goes with ;

(Chorus)
              You're so sweet and I am chunky
              You're low-fat, well, I'm working on that
              I'm Peanut Butter and you are Jelly,
              And we're so happy on this little piece of bread.

(There's lots more. But I won't force you to endure one of my kids' favorite songs.)

But you naysayers are all right, they're two such great people that we can' t condense them like Soup.
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

*cough* see post on previous page*cough*

Some old shippers called it like that

And I like baby in fics, but I hate it when it sounds really unrealistic...I mean I've never had a baby or so, but I do know a bit about the...baby thing...and some are just bad...and ...I love angsty baby fics*shrugs*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

I saw your post. Don't remember the 'Jam Sack', then again my memory can be picky sometimes.
                  sigpic

Comment

hi just thought that i would say that i loved these two together i hope that if the next film is made that we actually see them together
                    sigpic
                    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      I may be the wrong person to ask (or answer) because I'm fairly picky, but I dislike fics that 'make up' issues for Sam/Jack. IMHO there are enough problems native to their story without having to make life more difficult for them. So my recommendation would be, whatever you chose, make it *about* Stargate first... the problem be something caused by elements on the show. If you're going to give them general marriage problems anyone might have, why make it about Sam and Jack at all?

All just MHO, of course... And I'm probably in a minority on this as I know of tons of fics that do just this and are wildly popular .

EDIT: Part of the problem is, too, after everything they've been through, both together and as individuals, and given their ages and maturity, "big" things to most people I'd think would seem relatively minor to them given the fact they've started the End of The Universe straight in the fact, and every time I've seen a writer try to make them upset over little things it comes off seeming slightly OOC.. again, all just MHO.
                      You're right that age and maturity play a factor in it (which is why I'm asking, what sorts of problems would they have? - I could just run off and write a fic about how Sam never comes home for dinner on time or how Jack never calls, but that's, again, OOC). As for why make it about Sam/Jack - well, what's wrong with wanting to explore the characters in a private setting? I think that's a little too picky to go all the way to saying that there's no point in writing a fic about general marriage issues unless I'm going to send them through the Stargate or have Ba'al planning to blow them up. I mean, it's your opinion obviously, so you don't have to read it :: shrugs ::

And you talk about so many problems with them now - like what? *That's* what I'm trying to figure out. I want an angsty marriage fic. To watch them struggle with something as a married couple. Do I write about her taking command of Atlantis? Jack would never stand in the way of her career and he's the one signing off on orders, so doesn't it seem a little crazy for him to then get upset with her at home? Plus they seemed okay getting together post Threads. I'm just saying... I'm trying to flesh this out.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

And I like baby in fics, but I hate it when it sounds really unrealistic...I mean I've never had a baby or so, but I do know a bit about the...baby thing...and some are just bad...and ...I love angsty baby fics*shrugs*
                        i think like all fics, they have to be done right/realisticly to be good. so to me, if the baby fic is written right/realisticly then i am ok with it.
                        sigpic
                        thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                          You're right that age and maturity play a factor in it (which is why I'm asking, what sorts of problems would they have? - I could just run off and write a fic about how Sam never comes home for dinner on time or how Jack never calls, but that's, again, OOC). As for why make it about Sam/Jack - well, what's wrong with wanting to explore the characters in a private setting? I think that's a little too picky to go all the way to saying that there's no point in writing a fic about general marriage issues unless I'm going to send them through the Stargate or have Ba'al planning to blow them up. I mean, it's your opinion obviously, so you don't have to read it :: shrugs ::

And you talk about so many problems with them now - like what? *That's* what I'm trying to figure out. I want an angsty marriage fic. To watch them struggle with something as a married couple. Do I write about her taking command of Atlantis? Jack would never stand in the way of her career and he's the one signing off on orders, so doesn't it seem a little crazy for him to then get upset with her at home? Plus they seemed okay getting together post Threads. I'm just saying... I'm trying to flesh this out.
                          I can see them having a few problems...maybe the whole *talking* thing, you need communication in marriage and we know how Jack doesn't like to "talk" so I can see them having those sorts of problems. Lack of communication on his part...she doesn't press the issue...so they ignore it, time goes by until they finally *can't* ignore it...on the bright side, you know that somehow they'd make up (Make up sex! Oh...now I see why you want to write it...) because they've waited 8 years...they've been through worse things and they'll make it out of whatever problem they're having too.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                            Yeah, but that's just like saying SJ, which I've also seen...

That's it!! The smilies are our cutesy name, lol!!
                            I agree. Jam just doesn't fit right. Neither does Sack. That one actually sounds guttery.
                            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                              I can see them having a few problems...maybe the whole *talking* thing, you need communication in marriage and we know how Jack doesn't like to "talk" so I can see them having those sorts of problems. Lack of communication on his part...she doesn't press the issue...so they ignore it, time goes by until they finally *can't* ignore it..
                              The problem is.. that's sort of exactly what happened during S4-S8...

In all seriousness, the two most common sources of marital conflict are sex and money. I can't see how money could *possibly* be a problem for them considering how incredibly much they'd be making so even without a budget they should be just fine. However, it's possible some conflict could arise over budget - or lack of budget, or where and what to invest the incredible excess of money they almost certainly have.

As for sex, usually its a question of too much or not enough, so you could take your pick of what the imbalance of opinion might be there.

Other possible issues I can come up with quickly are questions involving whether or not to have children (and you could bring up his past experiences with Charlie here), where to live, career decisions (for example there might have been internal conflicts over her going to Atlantis - they might not have both immediately thought it was a good idea or even a good career move), similarly, issues involving the immediate choices they made right after Threads about where to go and what to do (why did Jack take the HWS job in DC instead of retiring?... Why was Sam so resistant about coming back?) Was there an adjustment period after she did come back in which part of her resented - even though she knew better - that Jack wasn't there and that he wasn't doing more to support the SGC in Washington...
                              Last edited by JenniferJF; 20 January 2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post

I agree. Jam just doesn't fit right. Neither does Sack. That one actually sounds guttery.
                                I agree. Very guttery, lol. There's J/S, Sam/Jack, SJ, etc, but combining names is just odd...Same as on Bones...BB, Booth/Bones, B/B...Or even BSG, with Lee and Kara, I don't recall any combining...I always used Lee/Kara, L/K, LK...

I guess some names just don't combine well, lol.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X