No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work has been so crazy lately. I've been reading the thread when I can, but I haven't had much time to respond. So I'm going to try and catch up a little on all the discussion.

Game Graphics
    Jack looks like a chimp from Planet of the Apes.
    Sam suffers from the same problem as every female video game character; it doesn't matter what her face looks like as long as she has no waist and enormous boobs.

Game Story
    I have unconfirmed information that RCC was involved in creating the story so I wouldn't count on any S/J ship. If it is RCC then Daniel will be the big action hero super star; Jack will be an idiot; and Sam and Teal'c will be shoved to the side and mostly forgotten.

Would I buy the game?
    Nope. I'm not a gamer anyway, but this is likely to be a run and gun action piece and that's not what I like about SG-1.

I'm all for SG expanding marketing opportunities and I want them to be successful, but I'm not willing to spend money on something I don't want just because it has an SG-1 label. I do wish them success.

Animated Series
    Stargate Infinity is the animated series. It was set in the future and not at all related to SG-1. I haven't seen it, but I've heard it's not very good.

Animated Confirmation
    I'm of two minds on what I think about getting S/J confirmation in an animated series. I'm not much for cartoons, but if it were well done, with the original cast voicing the characters, I would certainly watch and perhaps even enjoy it. But any confirmation wouldn't be considered cannon. I suppose I would consider it better than nothing.

Conventions
    I did not consider myself a convention person. In fact, I was pretty opposed to conventions because I'm much more a fan of the characters than the actors. But I won a pair of tickets to the Vancouver convention last year from a drawing here on GW. Of course I went.

I think every convention experience has some ups and downs. Overall I thought it was fun. I'm glad I went. I'm not desperate to do it again, but I wouldn't mind if the right opportunity came along. I did attend a much smaller fan run convention near my home later on that year which was a very different experience, but still enjoyable.

My Advice:
    Spoiler:
    1. Purell
    Seriously, there are a lot of germs floating around and you will be in big crowds with lots of touching and you won't get enough sleep. You are vulnerable to a cold. I came back from my first convention so sick. So be prepared and take care of yourself.
    2. Manage Expectations
    You will have a great time if you don't go into it believing you will have all these amazing encounters with the celebrities. You may or you may not. Just go into it knowing that it is fun to see them and hear them talk and you don't have to be their favorite fan or their new best friend. Just be yourself and be realistic about what you expect to get out of the experience.
    3. Make Friends
    Everyone says the best part of the conventions are the friends you make there and it's true. After all, you already have at least one thing in common that you can talk about for hours. So don't be afraid to introduce yourself to the people around you and strike up a conversation. That's absolutely the funnest part.
    4. Apply Salt Generously
    What I mean is that you shouldn't take too much to heart anything anyone says, especially the celebs. Their view of these shows, their characters, and the world can be interesting and entertaining but it's not gospel and you don't have to agree with a word of it. It's just another point of view.

Thanks selene for the great ficlets! Love 'em!

Valenship is almost here!!!! I sure hope I don't get called into work.

Last edited by hlndncr; 09 February 2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
      Anyone have a gif of the Moebius kiss?
      I don't have a gif, but I have this awesome pic!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
        I'm sure someone can make a gif of the moebius kiss with Flash or something. Unfortunately, I don't have the program for it.
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Ok, maybe it's because it's 3 am but I'm having serious squee issues here! I'm just watching new order and I've gotta say there's a split second when Jack kneels down when they find Sam that he honest to god looks like he's gonna grab her and throw himself at her! he honestly doesn't know where to put his hand first lol. Never noticed before.

Also, when Daniel says that he can do whatever he wants, it's like deja vu back to the "did you do anything crazy?" Conversation back in WoO. Daniel even looks at Sam like "Oh hell, what did I just start?!" Even Teal'c smirks at Sam and I swear he flutters his eyelashes at her which as close to an eyebrow wiggle Teal'c will ever get!

And don't get me started on the promotion. After he salutes her, they totally have a moment! Sam's grinning at him like the Cheshire Cat and Jack's trying so hard not to reciprocate before they realise there are other people in the room and turn sheepishly. Jack even bites his lip!

I love these two! And I love that MS plays Daniel as such a shipper. He protested so much about the prominence of the s/j ship in interviews about it detracting from the show but why the looks? I ain't buying that he's not a closet shipper lol!

Check it out http://youtu.be/ayES44kyBJA
          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
            I'm sure someone can make a gif of the moebius kiss with Flash or something. Unfortunately, I don't have the program for it.
            i think dipsofjazz has one *looks around* Dipso??? Dipso!!!
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

th_wow.jpg

Ok...let's see if this shows up as a gif....

EDIT: er...nope. Darn.
              Last edited by SaraBahama; 09 February 2013, 06:19 PM. Reason: answering my own question.
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

It has been made, I'm sure it will be posted during Valenship!

great fics selene!!

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                  This one cracked me up too! Never heard the song but it's great!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xwp...s#.URb0UBEgGSM
                  Oh god... Tears of laughter. Thanks for the share!

*applauds UhSir*

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]36953[/ATTACH]
                  Awesome pics like that make me ache! I love and miss them so much.
                  Last edited by Jack4Sam; 09 February 2013, 07:17 PM.
                  The password is fishing...

Comment

I haven't heard that song in years. Thanks for sharing. It was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Ok...let's see if this shows up as a gif....

EDIT: er...nope. Darn.
                      I'd do it, but I don't know how to!
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Just found a wonderful vid set to a Sarah McLachlan/Bryan Adams song

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc8...s#.URbxdxEgGSM
                        Aw, thanks! My "baby" girl got me to do that song. She thought it was perfect for "my ship." I just so happened to be fighting a horrible cold which had me home from work and very bored, but Voila!

You've never heard that song? Oh Sweetie, what world do you live in!!! Just kidding. Anyhoo, I was listening to an oldies station and heard that song and I guess it all was just perfectly in tune with my mood!

Thank you so much for this little nod. It's a huge boost of inspiration for me.

Sam and Jack love...it's really something, ain't it?

Last edited by UhSir; 09 February 2013, 09:44 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I've a Valenship question. For those who are posting fics, do you post them on the day itself or a few days earlier and simply share the link when Valenship rolls around?

Edit: In tribute to UhSir, I think I love Norman too.
                          Last edited by Ikorni; 09 February 2013, 09:23 PM.
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I've a Valenship question. For those who are posting fics, do you post them on the day itself or a few days earlier and simply share the link when Valenship rolls around?

I've seen a few fics posted here particularly if they aren't very long in addition to wherever they usually publish them. In any case such fics will be included in the List.
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

If it's a specific shippy holiday fic then I post it on the day itself but I've also seen people who post it on the actual holiday (so in this case, Valentine's Day) and then mention the story and link it in the thread on Valenship. Heck, there are even people who link new/updated stories that have nothing to do with the holiday but are updated on/near said holiday

Just do whatever you want, I'm sure people will be pleased with something to read no matter which day you post it.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                If it's a specific shippy holiday fic then I post it on the day itself but I've also seen people who post it on the actual holiday (so in this case, Valentine's Day) and then mention the story and link it in the thread on Valenship. Heck, there are even people who link new/updated stories that have nothing to do with the holiday but are updated on/near said holiday

Just do whatever you want, I'm sure people will be pleased with something to read no matter which day you post it.
                                That's great. Thanks for letting me know!
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X