No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like we just need to have some patience and silently curse and pray that whatever particular issue is driving us crazy will move to the top of the fix list LOL.

Leia - I'm feeling your pain. That's the big thing for me right now and it not taking me to the first unread post. Oh and the multi-quote issue.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      You know it would be so cute if he had a picture of himself and sam together on his desktop...although I do think that is more a girly thing to do...*looks at desktops of father and brothers* ...yeah....I think he has something general on the background...like a picture of the Simpsons
      I think you're right. He probably has a picture of her in his wallet or hidden somewhere in his pocket
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        he smacks her butt--right? am I right?

I'm right.
        Definitely, I just can't figure out with what? His hip?

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
        I've been watching Threads, (yes, yes again ) and have found a picture on a wall in Jack's office with what it seems two people on it, and a plain in the background. Now, the picture is very similar to the one from SGU episode Air ( i think).

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1263917803
        Pretty much all of the pictures in his office at the SGC are in his office at the HWC. Hopefully soon we see a new one of him and Sam in his office.

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        Oh..yeah. Actually (everyone whose been her awhile groans - deal with it! ) I think the very fact she protests the self-destruct idea also indicates that change. It's a bit out-of-character, IMHO, for Sam to not be willing to die in the hope of saving earth. And I think Jack knows exactly why she suddenly doesn't want to die, yet is frustrated (in more ways than one) himself about the situation, so he initially barks but then gets control...

It's that frustration in that scene (and yet another near-death incident) coupled with their smiles and their being highly distracted in the next which convinces me they actually went fishing sometime between the two. Plus John was the one who initially pointed it out to me, and since he's my official 'keeper of Jenn within the bounds of what's onscreen and not simply what she wishes to see,' I have no choice but to accept it

And now, though I don't wanna, I have to go to work (everyone cheers) and must take off. But since I'm going to be spending the day at work shopping, eating, and then going to church, it's hard to feel too bad
        I'm not groaning. I love your insight on the characters and how they react in each episode. I love how you, feel or read something at a deeper level. It makes me think more about a certain scene or episode. Thank you.

I disagree with the bolded, because it isn't her 'not willing to die in the hope of saving the earth', but more of her 'this isn't going to work, so we need to find another solution in the hope of saving the earth' in-character. There have been several times where she questions Jack's choices, but in this moment she just feels more comfortable stating it. I do agree that Jack understands why she doesn't want to die, it does feel as if they have spoken and have created the 'social contract' that I have spoken about many posts ago. I just have a difference of opinion on how she is reacting to his command of the self destruct.
        sigpic
        I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Yum Yum

Tongue...poke...in ...out...swirl...gasp...

Okay watching it and then reading your comments, makes the scene a whole lot better.
          sigpic
          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
            Umm...It's still not working for me. When I try to watch it says "Embedding disabled by request"...

And hey, you're using the Bones sig I made! Cool! I just made a new one that I posted today on the art thread...
            I know, I seem to get it to work...
            And thanks for letting me use your Bones sigs THEY ROCK!!!! I'll go check out to the othe one that you posted

Yum Yum

Tongue...poke...in ...out...swirl...gasp...

Must.Remove.IMG.Tags.Can't.Do.It.
            I did it. I've been meaning to ask, who made these kiss and hug gifs? And how would I make one if I wanted to?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
              I'm not groaning. I love your insight on the characters and how they react in each episode. I love how you, feel or read something at a deeper level. It makes me think more about a certain scene or episode. Thank you.

I disagree with the bolded, because it isn't her 'not willing to die in the hope of saving the earth', but more of her 'this isn't going to work, so we need to find another solution in the hope of saving the earth' in-character. There have been several times where she questions Jack's choices, but in this moment she just feels more comfortable stating it. I do agree that Jack understands why she doesn't want to die, it does feel as if they have spoken and have created the 'social contract' that I have spoken about many posts ago. I just have a difference of opinion on how she is reacting to his command of the self destruct.
              First of all. I wanna agree that i love the way JenniferJF analyzes scenes and characters etc, i get a whole new perspective each time i read her opinions here and its lovely

and i want to agree with pretty much all of what you said as well
              sigpic
              thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

I had an S/J moment whilst watching Castle

The two guys were giving each other this stare down...and the one guy said that he caught her (female lead on the show), and Castle responds "Yes...but you didn't reel her in", might have caught Sam for a bit...but Jack was the one that reeled her in.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                  I had an S/J moment whilst watching Castle

The two guys were giving each other this stare down...and the one guy said that he caught her (female lead on the show), and Castle responds "Yes...but you didn't reel her in", might have caught Sam for a bit...but Jack was the one that reeled her in.

How did I miss that??? Oh wait, I was too busy getting excited by Bob Picardo's guest role. LOL

Comment

Hahaha, yes, yes, yes!!!

Always
                    sigpic

Comment

EDIT: LOOK! I got my name changed forever and ever amen. Sorry to all of you who love the books, but I don't so I needed to drop it like a hot potato. I tried very hard to fight it, but I kept running into problems

Okay so my doc prescribed me Xanax and so for the last day I've had nothing but D&C stuck in my head (is that sad that my first thought when given an anti-anxiety med is not "yes, finally something to help with my anxiety" but instead "haha, remember that time when Jack thought it was a Xanax detector?" ). So because I'm a person who deal with things through humor... I present to you this...

Spoiler:

"Did you hear sir? The doctor gave Shannon Xanax."
                      "Aren't those xanaxes dangerous?

"I believe you are referring to 'zay'tarcs' O'Neill. Xanax is a gas."

"No Teal'c it's a pill that helps you deal with anxiety. You're thinking of Xenon."

"Mmmm Xenon... man I love it with the dentist gives me that."

"No *Xanax* - the medicine."

"Kinda reminds me of that planet... Xanadu**? You know the one where you and Jack -"

"Hey! Nothing happened, but man it really shot my blood pressure up. Caused me all sorts of anxiety."
                      "Exactly sir, which is why they make Xanax."

"So... a Xanadu detector?"

The next day:
                      "I should have just given him some Xanax. Maybe I would've finally gotten some sleep."

**Xanadu is a reference to a fic... don't have the link handy, someone else might.
                      Last edited by Nynaeve506; 19 January 2010, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                        I think you're right. He probably has a picture of her in his wallet or hidden somewhere in his pocket
                        Yup. I totally see him for the guy that has just one picture of friends/Sam in his wallet

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                        Okay watching it and then reading your comments, makes the scene a whole lot better.
                        *bows* good to hear that!

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                        Must.Remove.IMG.Tags.Can't.Do.It.
                        I did it. I've been meaning to ask, who made these kiss and hug gifs? And how would I make one if I wanted to?
                        Different people made them(this one is made by Bev)...I think you can make them with PS(no idea how) ...or cap every single second and put them behind eachother and tada...or have a movie program that can convert it to .gif format

Twi Yay for new name...allthough you will always be "twi" for me...other one is confussling
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey, Twilight, what happened with your username???

Ups, already explained

It's cool
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                            EDIT: LOOK! I got my name changed forever and ever amen. Sorry to all of you who love the books, but I don't so I needed to drop it like a hot potato. I tried very hard to fight it, but I kept running into problems

Okay so my doc prescribed me Xanax and so for the last day I've had nothing but D&C stuck in my head (is that sad that my first thought when given an anti-anxiety med is not "yes, finally something to help with my anxiety" but instead "haha, remember that time when Jack thought it was a Xanax detector?" ). So because I'm a person who deal with things through humor... I present to you this...
                            [
                            *hugs*

<lazy snip>

**Xanadu is a reference to a fic... don't have the link handy, someone else might.
                            Xanadu on samandjack.net

I get a blank page when I go to her site to see the fic...but also other good fics there Spiletta SG fanfiction
                            sigpic

Comment

Yup, we're still calling you Twilight so get used to it. Are you going to change your FF.net and LJ name as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                                How did I miss that??? Oh wait, I was too busy getting excited by Bob Picardo's guest role. LOL
                                ROFL!! I find it hilarious that you actually know which episode I'm talking about. And shame on you for missing a fishing reference!

For that you get fluff!

Comment

Working...
                                X