Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
    Hey guys! Woah, been a long time but the J/S bug has bitten me good recently. No idea if this is the right thread, but I'm betting it's the people on this thread who can help me! I'm looking for the original of this picture, which looks to be a season 8 promo?

http://lilygate.deviantart.com/galle...et=48#/d2jpe6g

And also a good quality version of that oh so famous pic of Richard in a leather jacket and Amanda leaning on his shoulder in the brown outfit, I know you've all seen it!
    It's funny how there seem to be so many people coming back to this suddenly, myself included.
    Last edited by AmberLM; 14 January 2013, 06:58 AM.
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

As much as I absolutely hate Pete for Sam, the actor had a national commercial out just before he began playing Pete. (I think it was a commercial where his dog opened the fridge and got him a beer - maybe not but I know there was a dog in it.). Women everywhere were gushing about "Now that is the kind of guy women want. Great looking but not TOO good looking. All American guy type." Which leads me to believe our dislike of Pete really is for three reasons:

1) the stalkerish way he was introduced

2) he walked out on Sam after sex when she told him that because of honor/duty she could not meet his demands (despite him being a cop should have made him understand and respect her wishes). And he stomped his foot and threw a tantrum in my estimation. *real attractive there, Pete*. *eyerolls*

3) and the most important reason - he's not Jack.

Ikorni - agreed wholeheartedly.

PicardyThirds - thanks for answering.

Oh yeah, Jack4Sam - that picture appears repeatedly throughout the thread - I know I saw it yesterday. scroll back about three pages either in this thread or the "appreciation thread" link here http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...ion-Thread-2-0
      sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
        Hey guys! Woah, been a long time but the J/S bug has bitten me good recently. No idea if this is the right thread, but I'm betting it's the people on this thread who can help me! I'm looking for the original of this picture, which looks to be a season 8 promo?

http://lilygate.deviantart.com/galle...et=48#/d2jpe6g

And also a good quality version of that oh so famous pic of Richard in a leather jacket and Amanda leaning on his shoulder in the brown outfit, I know you've all seen it!
        Don't know about the first one but I think the other one you were talking about is this one:

http://www.rdanderson.com/photos/stargate/promo029.jpg

And here's the full picture too.
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 January 2013, 12:04 PM. Reason: Still need Sky to take a look on her gadgets,but this will hold .:)
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          Don't know about the first one but I think the other one you were talking about is this one:

http://www.rdanderson.com/photos/stargate/promo029.jpg

And here's the full picture too.
          The link doesn't seem to work for me...
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 January 2013, 11:39 AM.
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
            The link doesn't seem to work for me...
            That's odd. It works for me. But you can find it yourself on RDA's website in the SG-1 photo gallery.
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Me either. Nor the pic within the post.

Comment

If I've one this right, it should take you directly to a post from a few days ago with the pic:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post13651218

Comment

The other links in my post atop the page don't work either? That's just strange. Just go to RDA's website, click on photo gallery, choose Stargate and scroll down to pictures 28&29.
                  On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                    If I've one this right, it should take you directly to a post from a few days ago with the pic:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post13651218
                    Yep, that's the one!

I think the one on RDA's site is actually a full-body shot.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                      Yep, that's the one!

I think the one on RDA's site is actually a full-body shot.
                      Yeah, it is.
                      On FFnet or AO3

Comment

I'd never seen ths pic before. Have you guys?

Comment

I've seen it recently but it's such an odd photo that I don't quite know if it's a manip or a real shot.
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

It's real and from the looks of it was part of a photo shoot, seeing as how there are more pics of RDA in that outfit and one with the entire team. It were probably a promo pics for season one.
                            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                              As much as I absolutely hate Pete for Sam, the actor had a national commercial out just before he began playing Pete. (I think it was a commercial where his dog opened the fridge and got him a beer - maybe not but I know there was a dog in it.). Women everywhere were gushing about "Now that is the kind of guy women want. Great looking but not TOO good looking. All American guy type." Which leads me to believe our dislike of Pete really is for three reasons:

1) the stalkerish way he was introduced

2) he walked out on Sam after sex when she told him that because of honor/duty she could not meet his demands (despite him being a cop should have made him understand and respect her wishes). And he stomped his foot and threw a tantrum in my estimation. *real attractive there, Pete*. *eyerolls*

3) and the most important reason - he's not Jack.
                              I agree but I think it was mostly 1 and 2. Shippers don't dislike Kerry nearly as much as Pete (her little ship-ship-hooray retire speech at the end of Threads notwithstanding), it took her all of 5 minutes to work it out. Smart woman, very perceptive, but I think Pete was far too dense and childish to be taken seriously by fans either way and I think that's what annoyed everyone so much.

Sam needed a relationship before Jack but they could have done much better than Pete. Agent Barrett maybe? Personally, if wishes werehorses, I wouldn't have minded Jensen Ackles from Supernatural (a bit young at the time maybe?) or David James Elliott from JAG (yum!)

As a side note I googled "all-American actors" for examples of famous guys and guess who popped up? Michael Welch (AKA young Jack from Fragile Balance" - even google is an S/J shipper lol!)
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Hey everyone; apologies for gatecrashing the thread! ??

I’ve been a S/J shipper for years now, but only recently have I fallen head-over-heels in love with the couple all over again. I think it’s probably because I’ve had a lot more free time on my hands since Christmas which has allowed me to rewatch a few episodes and see the amazing chemistry they have.. which in turn, has inspired me to enter this year’s Valenship. I hope!

Looking forward to chatting with you all and hopefully contributing a little more to the forum than I have before.
                                "I'd rather have died myself than lose Carter... Because I care about her. A lot more than I'm supposed to."
                                My Fics | My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X