Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
    No need to apologize. I guess I misunderstood. Kewl.

I don't know, when I first saw Pete I was like......

...... really?

I thought it was a big jump from a fit military type like Jack to.... Pete, but I guess even that makes sense considering what Sam's intention at that point was ie, to get over Jack.
    Yeah that was kind of my knee jerk reaction, "Seriously?!? He's the guy?". He so wasn't Sam's type given Jonas Hansen, Orlin, Martouf/Lantash, Jack etc but then maybe it was so we would figure it wasn't going to last because he really wasn't Sam's type. Or maybe David DeLuise felt left out and asked for a part and he was unfortunate that they were casting for Pete at the time

Seriously, I do kind of feel for him, however good he was as Pete there was always going to be a huge chunk of the fandom disliking his character before he was even on-screen (it even says that the S/J shippers hate him his stargate wiki page lol). I don't hate Pete, in a way I wish I had seen him as more of a threat to O'Neill I.e. he gave Sam a difficult decision as opposed to a relatively easy one by being more of her type of guy.
    Last edited by AmberLM; 10 January 2013, 01:54 PM.
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
      Yeah that was kind of my knee jerk reaction, "Seriously?!? He's the guy?". He so wasn't Sam's type given Jonas Hansen, Orlin, Martouf/Lantash, Jack etc but then maybe it was so we would figure it wasn't going to last because he really wasn't Sam's type. Or maybe David DeLuise felt left out and asked for a part and he was unfortunate that they were casting for Pete at the time

Seriously, I do kind of feel for him, however good he was as Pete there was always going to be a huge chunk of the fandom disliking his character before he was even on-screen (it even says that the S/J shippers hate him his stargate wiki page lol). I don't hate Pete, in a way I wish I had seen him as more of a threat to O'Neill I.e. he gave Sam a difficult decision as opposed to a relatively easy one by being more of her type of guy.
      Exactly. It was rumoured that they actually had considered Ben Bowder for that role - that would have been interesting. Because didn't someone make up backstory about Sam and Cameron having been at the Academy together?

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
        Exactly. It was rumoured that they actually had considered Ben Bowder for that role - that would have been interesting. Because didn't someone make up backstory about Sam and Cameron having been at the Academy together?
        Is the Sam/Cam academy backstory cannon or fannon? I thought it was cannon but I just assumed because it's in so many fics. (OT I keep seeing Sam/Cam and keep thinking "Samantha Cameron" ie the British PM's wife lol) Would have been interesting having BB play her boyfriend, although Cam grew on me a bit so I'm glad they went with DDL.

Or, you know, I wouldn't have objected to Jensen Ackles
        Last edited by AmberLM; 10 January 2013, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Is the Sam/Cam academy backstory cannon or fannon? I thought it was cannon but I just assumed because it's in so many fics. (OT I keep seeing Sam/Cam and keep thinking "Samantha Cameron" ie the British PM's wife lol) Would have been interesting having BB play her boyfriend, although Cam grew on me a bit so I'm glad they went with DDL.
          It's fanon. Although Amanda Tapping did say in an interview or comment at one time that she and Ben got together and made up a back story about their characters being at the AF Academy together.

Comment

That's true as far as I know that Ben was on the short list.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            It's fanon. Although Amanda Tapping did say in an interview or comment at one time that she and Ben got together and made up a back story about their characters being at the AF Academy together.
            Also true.
            sigpic
            sig by Mada
            As a matter of FIC

Comment

I appreciated Cam's character and I'm glad that BB didn't get cast as Pete (since that would not have made Pete a better written character). While many people have beef with Cam for one reason or another, I always liked that Sam and Cam had a *friendship*. I could see the two of them grabbing beers after work without all sorts of subtext. Daniel, besides being a lightweight, is more engrossed in his work. I like to think that when Sam and Jack finally got together, she got that life he always wanted her to get and that meant she bought Cam a beer now and again.

JM got overridden sometimes because they are a team. However, he has also stepped in once or twice and stopped someone else from seriously screwing it up. Like with "Ripple Effect" whoever (PdL?) was making some Sam/Cam implications and JM was like "Uh. No. I was talking about Jack." And then there was this weird scene in SGA where Pileggi was making eyes at AT in a scene and JM again was like "That's just creepy..." or something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                I appreciated Cam's character and I'm glad that BB didn't get cast as Pete (since that would not have made Pete a better written character). While many people have beef with Cam for one reason or another, I always liked that Sam and Cam had a *friendship*. I could see the two of them grabbing beers after work without all sorts of subtext. Daniel, besides being a lightweight, is more engrossed in his work. I like to think that when Sam and Jack finally got together, she got that life he always wanted her to get and that meant she bought Cam a beer now and again.

JM got overridden sometimes because they are a team. However, he has also stepped in once or twice and stopped someone else from seriously screwing it up. Like with "Ripple Effect" whoever (PdL?) was making some Sam/Cam implications and JM was like "Uh. No. I was talking about Jack." And then there was this weird scene in SGA where Pileggi was making eyes at AT in a scene and JM again was like "That's just creepy..." or something along those lines.
                Yeah exactly I agree about the beer thing, it's nice that Sam can be one of the military guys from what little I've seen they're like brother and sister who constantly wind each other up and I like that, my only bone with Cam really was I just don't think it was right that he got command of SG-1.

And, FCOL, what On Earth did they want to write for Sam/Cam? *groans* why ruin a lovely friendship? And A.D. Skinner hitting on Sam? Just...ewww, no. I love Mitch Pileggi but, no.

Comment

Yeah exactly I agree about the beer thing, it's nice that Sam can be one of the military guys from what little I've seen they're like brother and sister who constantly wind each other up and I like that, my only bone with Cam really was I just don't think it was right that he got command of SG-1.

And, FCOL, what On Earth did they want to write for Sam/Cam? *groans* why ruin a lovely friendship? And A.D. Skinner hitting on Sam? Just...ewww, no. I love Mitch Pileggi but, no.
                  To be honest, I can't really blame anyone for making googly eyes at Sam. Let's face it-- she's gorgeous. Sure those who are around her daily get used to it, or at least learn to hide the googlies better. So in Caldwell's defense, when he sees Sam he's usually just spent the past however many weeks in hyperspace with the same faces everyday, and... this is starting make Caldwell sound like a skeevy old man.

Never mind.

Edit: You know, I don't think I've seen the scene of the googly eyes. Can anyone shout out an episode name so I can do some research?

Comment

I won't deny that I hated Pete from the start. Not just for throwing a spanner in the works between the S/J ship but for the character that he is (stalking, sort of possessive, very hard to like in all the episodes for his behaviour) and I also took a dislike to how they portrayed Sam in this story-arc for her actions being, in my opinion, thoughtless and out-of-character, beginning from Grace. Everything screams wrong about it. But that's me.

I think Ben Browder was still doing Farscape at the time they wanted Pete for that role.
                    Last edited by Ikorni; 10 January 2013, 03:35 PM.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I never liked Pete either.
                      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                        Edit: You know, I don't think I've seen the scene of the googly eyes. Can anyone shout out an episode name so I can do some research?
                        I think the scene ended up cut from the episode but is available as a delete scene on the DVDs. But I haven't watched SGA that much, if someone could confirm that?
                        Last edited by LadyGalaxyJ; 10 January 2013, 03:50 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                          I think the scene ended up cut from the episode but is available as a delete scene on the DVDs. But I haven't watched SGA that much, if someone could confirm that?
                          Tbh I only started watching Atlantis when AT got cast over there. Alas it didn't quite have the same kind of effect on me, but then, how many shows compare to SG-1.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Mada
                          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                            I won't deny that I hated Pete for the start. Not just for throwing a spanner in the works between the S/J ship but for the character that he is (stalking, sort of possessive, very hard to like in all the episodes for his behaviour) and I also took a dislike to how they portrayed Sam in this story-arc for her actions being, in my opinion, thoughtless and out-of-character, beginning from Grace. Everything screams wrong about it. But that's just me
                            I agree completely. At the time I hated Pete, in fact I think I refused to call him anything but the Spud lol! Time has mellowed my hatred slightly, if only coz I felt sorry for DDL but I still hate the way it was handled. Pete was a stalking, insecure moron who made Sam look like the bigger idiot for putting up with it and being with him in the first place. Basically, he made her look desperate which I think was what AT was trying to avoid at all costs.

Had they handled it with a bit more finesse I think it would have been a great story arc. Plus, it did give us scenes like Jacob winding Sam and Jack up about the wedding and Kerry so, not all bad

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                              Yes, quoting myself, I know.

It's the deleted scene from Be All My Sins Remember'd (4x11).
                              sigpic
                              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I agree completely. At the time I hated Pete, in fact I think I refused to call him anything but the Spud lol! Time has mellowed my hatred slightly, if only coz I felt sorry for DDL but I still hate the way it was handled. Pete was a stalking, insecure moron who made Sam look like the bigger idiot for putting up with it and being with him in the first place. Basically, he made her look desperate which I think was what AT was trying to avoid at all costs.

Had they handled it with a bit more finesse I think it would have been a great story arc. Plus, it did give us scenes like Jacob winding Sam and Jack up about the wedding and Kerry so, not all bad
                                Yep. Well, as time has gone by, on the contrary, I actually feel more strongly about it than ever, having had time to process and think through carefully how it all went down. And honestly, there's nothing really left but distaste, unfortunately. And by the time the wedding came around with the Jacob scenes, I couldn't take much more.

But....
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X