X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
    A bit OT
    Spoiler:
    Yes, that's true but there is something I realised after numerous times I watched Threads. I kind of feel sorry for Pete and I see him rather as a victim of Sam coming to terms with her feelings. She dated him for over a year, she even agreed to marry him and finally dumped him when she realised she can't get over Jack. It takes a lot of courage to end a relationship at that stage, I'll give it to Sam, but I think she broke Pete's heart as he was in love with her. Moreover in episode Ex Deus Machina she tells Barrett that breaking up was the best for both of them. I often wonder if Sam truly didn't realise how in love with her Pete was, or she just tried to put it behind and not to think about it. I think it was a big deal for Pete and breaking up was a worst case scenario from his perspective. I like to think about it as a proof of Sam not being perfect . She may be a genius if it comes to science and engineering but she sometimes fails when it comes to emotional stuff
    my response

Spoiler:

I agree - Pete even said that he knew, but he had to give it a try.

From Threads

PETE: I knew from the beginning. Guess I just thought when you said yes that ... You were worth the risk. Don't say I deserve better. Can't get much better than you. "

Yeah, sometimes, I do feel sorry for Pete. Aside from the whole stalking thing (did not feel sorry for him then!). But I agree that he was necessary. Though I do feel that if he had been written and cast as a stronger character, he would have had more of an impact.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKobQp6vAbY

What do you think Jack's first thought was, right after sam beamed down and before all the dialogue?

From reckoning

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
        Since my fridge is locked.
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKobQp6vAbY

What do you think Jack's first thought was, right after sam beamed down and before all the dialogue?

From reckoning
          "Oh what now"

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
            Ok I've got a Random Question **gosh I haven't had one of those in a while**

Putting yourself in the Sam Jack situation, based on the person you are right now would you;

- put in for a transfer so you could give the relationship a go

- have relationships you knew you'd never fully give yourself to cause your heart was somewhere else

- honestly try to love someone else and move on

- wait indefinitely.

And why.

Let me know what you would do.
            i would try to move on while trying to figure what she and i would do. i mean if we both have careers and jobs we enjoy i'm not going to wreck that over what could be a case of puppy love but if we were both attracted to one another and the feelings were there then yeah i think we would give it a job but only had the right point in our lives.

Comment

I also have a question but it's more about their family life.

These days I often see (news)articles about presents people buy for their kids, either for birthdays or holidays like Christmas and frankly I'm shocked to see how many people give their kids e-readers, iPods, tablets, iPads and so on, even going so far as giving kids 3-12 years old one (of) each if they have more than one kid.

So, this got me thinking. Do you think Sam, with her love for doohickeys, and Jack, with his fondness of handheld games* etc would give their child(ren) such expensive gifts for Christmas or would they be more inclined to give them "old fashioned" and/or educational presents?

*Not sure if him playing with gameboys etc is fanon or canon.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                Since my fridge is locked.
                Thanks!

Originally posted by fems View Post

These days I often see (news)articles about presents people buy for their kids, either for birthdays or holidays like Christmas and frankly I'm shocked to see how many people give their kids e-readers, iPods, tablets, iPads and so on, even going so far as giving kids 3-12 years old one (of) each if they have more than one kid.

So, this got me thinking. Do you think Sam, with her love for doohickeys, and Jack, with his fondness of handheld games* etc would give their child(ren) such expensive gifts for Christmas or would they be more inclined to give them "old fashioned" and/or educational presents?

I know nothing about that but one of my colleagues told me that her 2 little cousins (2 and 4 years old!!!) got an iPad as Xmas gift...
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's canon, since in the episode where mini Jack showed up, and Hammond later said something about keeping him busy or comfortable, Sam said "I'll set up the gameboy", and Jack was later shown to be playing with those games.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    I'm pretty sure it's canon, since in the episode where mini Jack showed up, and Hammond later said something about keeping him busy or comfortable, Sam said "I'll set up the gameboy", and Jack was later shown to be playing with those games.
                    It was a playstation, but yeah. Forgot about that, thanks.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I think they would give their children educational presents or books or board games.
                      I think a little child hasn't need of iPod, iPhone or tablets. A little child has need traditional games (balls, board games, etc.) But it's just my opinion, of course.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      Thanks!

I know nothing about that but one of my colleagues told me that her 2 little cousins (2 and 4 years old!!!) got an iPad as Xmas gift...
                      iPad for 2 and 4 years children... Ah, God, it shocked me...

Comment

We bought our kids 11 and 9 iPads for Xmas, but they have been stealing ours for years so them having their own was th best solution. However they do use them educationally as well as for fun, they both play educational games and use the Internet for homework research etc. they have star maps on them, and read books on the kindle app as books are very expensive to buy in Oz and they read a lot of them so I don't think they are such a bad gift for an older child. I have no idea what a 4 and a 2 yr old would need them for though.

As for Sam and Jack I don't think they will be any different from any other parents in buying presents for their kids appropriate to their age. If they have kids now they would still be pretty young I think so I doubt iPads will be featuring, but in the future I can't see why they wouldn't get doohickeys like other kids do, heck they could probably build them themselves
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Picspam!

Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Angst!

Chapter 1

Comment

Gutter!

Chapter 1

Comment

Chapter 1

Comment

Working...
                                X