• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 5
    The Fifth Man

She tells him they aren’t leaving without him; he orders her to leave

Her refusal to give back her weapon and her insistence on going back

Her anger at not being able to go back

She talks Janet into investigating her vision instead of reporting it as the only way to help Jack

She finds it amusing that he invited “Tyler” fishing

Comment

Season 5
      Red Sky

‘I’ve been thinking’, ‘I’d be worried if you stopped’

He tells Daniel that Carter will come up with something miraculous and then when she has an idea he points it out

He tells her he has great confidence in her and she should go back to the SGC and confuse Hammond

‘I only understand 1% of what she says half the time.’ Jack about Sam

The scene where she’s explaining the solution in her lab and he gets the theory on the reintegration right

Comment

Season 5
        Rite of Passage

Comes to see her and check on Cassie

Together on the way forward with Nirtii

She smiles when Cassie tells her Jack calls knights horses, and she defends him

The looks she gives him when he explains Cassie’s new abilities being attributable to magnets

The look he gives her with Cassie and Janet after Nirtii heals Cassie

Comment

Season 5
          Between Two Fires

He’s a little in awe and fear that Sam can be so sneaky about tracking the trinium

He uses Narim’s feelings for her to influence Narim to help them

Comment

Season 5

Jack’s warning to Joe on asking Sam ‘how’

Jack mentions retirement right after Joe asks Sam on a date and she indicates she’s amenable

Their discussion on the note from the future: ‘Technically I haven’t sent it yet but if I get a chance again I’m sure going to fill it with a lot more detail.’, ‘Well you were probably trying to limit the causality violation by keeping it simple.’, ‘I wonder whose idea that was?’

He’s concerned when she has to go back to the Aschen alone and force their hand

His praise of her at the end and he’s the only one who ask her if she’s alright

Comment

Season 5
              Desperate Measures

His concern for her from the get-go

Jack gives up his National Geographics to find her

Jack’s face when he talks to Maybourne: ‘Harry, we’re talking about Carter here.’ ‘I know. I’m sorry Jack I really am. You know how this game is played and the people who play it. You have to prepare yourself for the possibility she might not be coming back.’

Jack trying everything to find her including going to Simmons

Jack arriving just in the nick of time to save her

Her finding him shot in the basement

The infirmary scene at the end

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                Season 5
                Ascension

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...PDVD_105-1.jpg
                He tries to rush her and tells her not to turn anything on

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...PDVD_131-1.jpg
                He’s concerned about her in the briefing, keeps looking over at her and wants her to let SG-16 handle things

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...PDVD_136-2.jpg
                The ‘am I tense’ discussion?

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...PDVD_155-1.jpg
                His asking if he wants him to stick around when they examine her house for the alien and find nothing

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...PDVD_232-1.jpg
                Daniel asking ‘How’s Sam?’ and Jack avoiding the question

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...PDVD_165-2.jpg
                The discussion as he needs to go to the loo

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...PDVD_168-1.jpg
                When he turns up at the house and she hints she has a date, he answers ‘Good for you’ but stands on tiptoes trying to see into the house

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...PDVD_193-1.jpg

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...PDVD_038-2.jpg
                His supporting her in front of Simmons in Hammond’s office and at the house
                I was a little confused about this episode. Did Jack know that Simmons was watching *Stalking* her? I know he was worried about her. He trusted that she was telling the truth but they couldn't find proof to confirm her claim.
                sigpic

Comment

Season 5
                  Proving Ground

Sam chews the cadets out for letting their feelings influence their actions in the field

She smiles at him chewing out the cadets and they discuss the training scenario

The scene in the mess with the jello and discussion on the new recruits

Sam noting ‘whoops’ when Elliot shoots Jack

She helps him up after being shot with the Intar

She tells him his wound is getting all over her lab

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                    I was a little confused about this episode. Did Jack know that Simmons was watching *Stalking* her? I know he was worried about her. He trusted that she was telling the truth but they couldn't find proof to confirm her claim.
                    I don't think he knew about Simmons watching her. I think he wanted to believe her but he was concerned that she was maybe overstressed and wasn't her usual rational self. Personally, I think everyone was pretty quick to chalk it all up to exhaustion and stress considering everything they had seen and been through.

At this point, I think Jack is trying to pull away from Sam; so he's sort of acting unconcerned. But still he couldn't stop himself from asking if she wanted him to stay and coming over with pizza (and Teal'c as a chaperone).

Maybe if you find the review and discussion of this episode on the discussion thread you will find some insights from other shippers that will help you come to your own understanding of this episode.

Comment

I love Daniel, but I'm also a big Jonas fan. I know there are those in fandom (especially during the war years) who say you can't have it both ways, but I disagree!
                      It's funny because I was so upset when Daniel was gone but by the end of the season I fell in love with Jonas' character. I was so happy to see him come back
                      I love them both...the way you love your brothers -different, but still love.

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                      what was the bet about again???
                      what bet?
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Season 5
                        48 Hours

She inquires about his injury; he offers to help, but he doesn’t understand what she says so he offers to get her coffee

He doesn’t have a problem killing Conrad along with the goa’uld because he tried to kill Sam

His ‘are you sure you want to be in there?’ question when she’s in the gate room with Siler (and Siler answering back which is funny)

Comment

Season 5
                          Last Stand

Their concern when they can’t reach each other

Jack getting Sam out when trapped in the tunnel

Comment

Season 5
                            Fail Safe

Nice look in the briefing

They push Spellman through the gate together

She comes upon him staring at a glowing light for no apparent reason

She doesn’t want to remind him about the recall device

Concern when she gets injured

Concern when she swoons; orders her to sit out the EVA

Concern when Jack can’t raise them in the ship

He lays down beside her as they wait to be rescued

Comment

Season 5
                              The Warrior

His pride in her shooting skills

Shared look over leadership challenge being a fight to the death

Her reaction when he says he doesn’t talk much because he’s not that smart

Sitting next to one another by the fire

Comment

Teal'c definitely knew I think he never questioned them about it because he understood their duties as a warrior, but it didn't stop him from hinting at it to both of them!
                                This is part of what makes him the 1st Shipper (he seems to have quietly noticed first).

Daniel knows. He just considers it unimportant. That's my opinion.
                                unimportant -like something he does not want to commit much thought to? Or like he knows they will figure it out?

[center][b]Season 5
                                Desperate Measures
                                Jack's reactions in this ep make it a personal favorite. My only disappointment: they should have had both Jack and Sam in the infirmary in the end (they were both in pretty rough shape).
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X