No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aw, I was hoping for a ficlet to illustrate...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
      *Rides into thread on a white horse* "Ship Day is coming! Ship Day is coming!" *gallops out in the direction of the Shipper Lounge*

*glances back -dang it! I have so much to catch up on before the big day! 10th anniversary!*
      *looks at calendar* By god, you're right!
      "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

I'll admit it, I'm not a fan of baby!fic, but for those of you who are...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5.../Baby_Time.gif
          I confess, I'm a sucker for baby!fics
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Ship Day is this weekend. Is the artwork for the FivVidArt list ready?
            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
              Ship Day is this weekend. Is the artwork for the FivVidArt list ready?
              You mean the banner for the top of the list? selene is working on it.

Comment

I have an appointment at the White House this morning. I'll be on late this afternoon with a countdown story and a new shipper quiz.

Welcome back Sara! Missed you!

Comment

Shipper U Quiz #6: Match the Episode

Match the Episode in Colum A with the correct Scene in Colum B. You may click on the picture to see a larger version.

Spoiler:

1.D
                  2.E
                  3.J
                  4.A
                  5.G
                  6.I
                  7.F
                  8.B
                  9.C
                  10.H

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                  ^^ I'm proud to be a Shipper too
                  me too!
                  sigpic
                  Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Shipper U Quiz #6: Match the Episode

Match the Episode in Colum A with the correct Scene in Colum B. You may click on the picture to see a larger version.

Spoiler:

1. – D
                    2. – E
                    3. – J
                    4. – A
                    5. – G
                    6. – I
                    7. – F
                    8. – B
                    9. – C
                    10. – H

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                    http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...n/PDVD_054.jpg
                    Kerry: I think they’re cute together.
                    I agree with Kerry.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5.../Baby_Time.gif
                    That's great, I love it.

Comment

I have to admit I like the baby fics--when the baby is normal! Not a genius at the age of 2, not super fast growth speed, no super powers--just a normal every day baby.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                        I have to admit I like the baby fics--when the baby is normal! Not a genius at the age of 2, not super fast growth speed, no super powers--just a normal every day baby.
                        I have to be in the right mood to enjoy baby fics. Like you, I want them to be normal kids and those fics are hard to come by. Plus, I'm not always a fan of S/J established fics so that makes it even harder to enjoy baby fics. The kids have to be written like kids (age appropriate) and the relationship between Sam and Jack has to be in character and written well.

I will admit that the kids in my first fic are a bit special because of their ATA gene and early exposure to Ancient technology, but they're not geniuses and are still rather normal kids...
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          I have to be in the right mood to enjoy baby fics. Like you, I want them to be normal kids and those fics are hard to come by. Plus, I'm not always a fan of S/J established fics so that makes it even harder to enjoy baby fics. The kids have to be written like kids (age appropriate) and the relationship between Sam and Jack has to be in character and written well.

I will admit that the kids in my first fic are a bit special because of their ATA gene and early exposure to Ancient technology, but they're not geniuses and are still rather normal kids...
                          I'm not a big fan of established fics either. And I do love a good baby fic. I tend to enjoy "oops, we're pregnant" stories more than "kids through the gate" or continuation of relationship stories.
                          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Baby fic has to be really well done and enjoyable for me to read it, and, like you guys said, realistic. I always prefer angst writing to established fic writing as well. More build up I guess. When writing esatblished fics, I feel like someone else has had all the fun with angst and UST before I get there lol
                            "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Baby fic isn't my favorite, but I have found some really nice ones that I do like, as long as the kid(s) are mostly normal.
                              sigpic
                              The Return of King Arthur
                              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                                I'm not a big fan of established fics either. And I do love a good baby fic. I tend to enjoy "oops, we're pregnant" stories more than "kids through the gate" or continuation of relationship stories.
                                me too
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X