No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you know, I was thinking.... Watching the gif-- and the episode-- many, many times, I've come to a decision about our lovely duo.

Those two fit. Physically. I mean, those two literally fit together, in each other's arms. It's beautiful.

*dreamy sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post

Okay, I have to admit 9 really gave me a headache.
      Spoiler:
      Because come on, it’s Sam’s season 7 hair, but Jack’s looks like season 3, which threw me off at first. I seriously couldn’t remember it being so long at the beginning of season 7. I think it’s time for a rewatch.
      Right? lol It's most definitely time for a rewatch...come on over here Lilac, and I'll grab Samfan13...and anyone else who wants to come over to my house for some Shippy goodness

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
      And you know, I was thinking.... Watching the gif-- and the episode-- many, many times, I've come to a decision about our lovely duo.

Those two fit. Physically. I mean, those two literally fit together, in each other's arms. It's beautiful.

*dreamy sigh*
      Don't they? I mean, it's so clear that they were MFEO (haha A little 'sleepless in seattle' reference there) Made For Each Other! It is sooo beautiful *stares at pic...* This gif for WoO is so evil. I always get trapped looking at it like some zonked out person
      "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

For the record, this quiz took me over an hour to complete, because it ended up being kind of a mini commentary AND I mistakenly back-buttoned with one answer to go had to do it ALL over again. Therefore, my drabble for the day shall be coming later this evening.

Now, on with the quiz!

Shipper U Quiz #2: Guess the Shippy Moment

Identify the shippy moment from the pics. Include the name of the show, the season and title of the episode, and a brief description of how the scene is shippy (quotes permitted).

Spoiler:

1. SG-1, Season 5, "The Warrior": Jack has just used Sam to demonstrate the accuracy of the P-90. Mostly because she's the best shooter, but also because he knows the Jaffa don't really respect her, cuz she's a woman. He knows better. She doesn't disappoint, on either count, and they are both appropriately pleased with themselves for it.

2. SG-1, Season 7, "Evolution Pt. 2": They're both going on their respective missions: she through the Stargate, and he after Daniel. It'll be dangerous for both of them, but they can't cross that line to say "I'll miss you. Be careful. Come home." But they're thinking it.

3. SG-1, Season 3, "Urgo": Jack has just been caught out fantasizing about Maui. And Carter in a bathing suit.

4. SG-1, Season 1, "Singularity": Jack has just surprised Cassandra with a dog. Sam is present, feeling appropriately mother-y about the girl whose life she's saved, and she doesn't have the heart to call out Jack's lie about every Earth kid having a dog. Because it's Jack. With a puppy!

5. SG-U, Season 1, "Incursion": Sam and Jack are talking via video feed, with she on the Hammond and he on Earth. They're discussing the disappearance of some of the base's personnel, and the presence of an active Stargate. He calls her "Sam" (I think). Soooooo married!

6. SG-1, Season 4, "The Other Side": Jack has just ordered the iris shut even though he and Sam both know that Alar was on his way through. She's just seen a darker side to Jack that he's kept hidden, but she doesn't question him, not then. She may doubt the action, but never the motivation. She trusts him.

7. SG-1, Season 2, "In the Line of Duty": Sam is being rushed to the base's ER after being found nearly dead after the Ashrak's attack. She still has the Goa'uld in her, but Jack is still concerned for her. He's brushing away a tear. He feels responsible for her, even if he doesn't realize it's love yet.

8. SG-1, Season 7, "Lost City Pt. 2": Jack's Ancient download is overwhelming him, and Sam is gently trying to tell him that she's authorized to take leadership of SG-1 when it becomes necessary. She's clearly uncomfortable, but he takes the decision away from her by giving her command. He trusts her.

9. SG-1, Season 7, "Fallen": Jack's teasing Sam about her plan to thwart Anubis' attack on Earth. "Crazier that blowing up a sun? Aaaaand, he's a little proud too. She's *smart*.

10. SG-1, Season 6, "Metamorphosis": Sam is dying, and Jack is desperate to save her in time. She murmurs a "sir", and *guh*

Comment

There are my answers:

Spoiler:

1. SG-1 S5 The Warrior – When Sam shows what knows the P90.
          2. SG-1 S7 Evolution part2 – When Jack tells to Sam that he’ll go to rescue Daniel and Dr. Lee.
          3. SG-1 S3 Urgo – In the control room: „You know, you were just thinking of that island Maui? With the big beaches and the little bikinis? Well, that's where we should go…”
          4. SG-1 S14 Singularity – When Jack gives a little dog to Cassie, and he says it’s a rule on Earth and then Sam smiles at Jack’s explication.
          5. SG:U S1 Incursion part1 – When Sam tells to Jack they lost two 302 and Jack calls she „Sam”.
          6. SG-1 S5 The Other Side – When the team comes back from Euronda and he say „Close the iris” and a few second later we hear the voice of the impact.
          7. SG-1 S2 In The Line of Duty – In the ifirmary room, after the ashrak kills Jolinar and Jack worries about Sam, he affraid of Sam will die.
          8. SG-1 S7 Lost City part2 – When they travel to Praclarush Taonas and Jack shoots the crystals. And then Jack resigns and then Sam hesitates and say „Sir, at your house before Daniel and Teal’c showed up, what ) was gonna say was…” Jack says: „I know.”
          9. SG-1 S7 Fallen – After the breifing. Jack: This is the wackiest plan we’ve ever come up wiht. Sam: Wackier than strapping an active Stargate to the bottom of the X-302? Jack: Yes. Sam: Wackier than blowing up a sun?
          10. SG-1 S6 Metamorphosis When Sam is dying, and Jack carries her in his arms in Nirrti’s DNA machine that Egar can heal her.

Comment

Shipper Quiz #2:
            Spoiler:

1. Stargate SG-1, Season 5, “The Warrior,” Sam shows how to use a P90. Jack is so proud of het

2. Stargate SG-1, Season 7, “Evolution, Part 2,” Jack tells her he's going to rescue Daniel

3. Stargate SG-1, Season 3, “Urgo,” Beaches!!“Maui, with the little bikinis.”

4. Stargate SG-1, Season 1, “Singularity,” Sam smiles at Jack’s insistence that “Every kid has got to have a dog.”

5. Stargate Universe, Season 1, “Incursion p1" He calls her Sam "I'm sorry Sam"

6. Stargate SG-1, Season 4, “The Other Side,” The look between them when he orders to close the iris

7. Stargate SG-1, Season 2, “In the Line of Duty,” Jack"cries" for Sam after she and Jolinar are tortured by the Ashrak.

8. Stargate SG-1, Season 7, “Lost City, Part 2,” in the engine room of the telkak before Jack resigns s command

9. Stargate SG-1, Season 7, “Fallen,” Plans against Anubis

10. Stargate SG-1, Season 6, “Metamorphosis,” Jack carries a dying Sam to safety after Nirrti scrambles her DNA.
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Drabble Challenge
              Spoiler:

There was a problem, a big problem. But actually, it was small. Only one little piece of chocolate left, too small to cut it in half.

'You eat it.'
              'No, you.'

Why does she always have to be so polite?
              Why does he always have to be so polite?

'That's enough!' said Sam, put the piece in her mouth and leaned over to kiss him.

'Here, share the taste.'

And with that their kiss lasted longer than any piece of chocolate could ever have.

'Try it.'
              'No, thanks, it looks too weird.'

'Hm, yes, but it tastes good.'
              'No.'

'Please. It does not hurt.'
              When could he ever resist her saying please.
              'Just a little bit.'

She reached over the table and fed him a spoonful.
              He turned it in his mouth. He smiled.
              'You're right, that's good. I promise I'll never say anything about your blue jello.'

Sorry, they're both about food.
              And please, keep in mind, I'm not used to write and these are my very first attempts.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                Right? lol It's most definitely time for a rewatch...come on over here Lilac, and I'll grab Samfan13...and anyone else who wants to come over to my house for some Shippy goodness
                I'm on my way girl *steps into the transporter*

Don't they? I mean, it's so clear that they were MFEO (haha A little 'sleepless in seattle' reference there) Made For Each Other! It is sooo beautiful *stares at pic...* This gif for WoO is so evil. I always get trapped looking at it like some zonked out person
                I got totally distracted by hlndncr's pic story and then later by that WoO kiss!!!! I so love that she kisses him back. And I agree they are soooooo made for each other *sigh*

There are my answers:

Spoiler:

1. The warrior S5 When Jack wants Sam to demonstrate her shooting skills. He so knows she's going to do great
                2. Evolution part 2 S7 When Jack tells Sam he's going to rescue Daniel
                3. Urgo S3 When Jack's mind wanders to Maui with its beaches and bikinis
                4. Singularity S1 When Jack gives Cassie a dog and explains that it's an earth rule and every kid should have a dog
                5. I haven't seen any of the SGU eps but I do know there's one ep where Jack calls her SAM so my guess is that this is the one
                6. The other side S5 When Jack orders the iris to be shut so Alar ends up dead! So much angst here
                7. In the line of duty S2 When the Ashrak tried to kill Sam/Jolinar and Jack's worried about her
                8. Lost city part 2 S7 When Sam tries to talk to Jack ' Sir what I was going to say' and he replies 'I know'
                9. Fallen S7 When they're talking about crazy plans 'Wackier than blowing up a sun?'
                10. Metamorphosis S6 When Sam's DNA has been altered by Nirtti's experiment and Jack races to get her in time to save her life
                sigpic
                Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

I was just thinking... wouldn't it be nice if we had some kind of 'Best Shipper Competition' during, in between or leading up to the shippy holidays in which we use the same kind of things hlndncr came up with but submit our entries via PM or a special email address?

Then you could have guess the shippy moments from pics, use shippy lines from the transcripts and guess the episode, shippy quizzes etc. etc.

It would take some organization but I know there are people here that are very good at that and I'm sure plenty of folks would be willing to help out (check answers and such).

Then in the end (or on the holiday itself) the answers could be posted with first, second and third place for best shipper!

Didn't we have a favorite shippy fic thing a while ago around the same time as a shippy holiday? We could elaborate on it with the same kind of drabble prompts hlndncr came up with and then post them (without usernames) so people can vote for the best/funniest/angstiest/romatic ones.

Ah well, it's just an idea that came to me since I'm enjoying the lead up to Ship Day hlndncr organized so much and everyone else seems to like it too.
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    I was just thinking... wouldn't it be nice if we had some kind of 'Best Shipper Competition' during, in between or leading up to the shippy holidays in which we use the same kind of things hlndncr came up with but submit our entries via PM or a special email address?

Then you could have guess the shippy moments from pics, use shippy lines from the transcripts and guess the episode, shippy quizzes etc. etc.

It would take some organization but I know there are people here that are very good at that and I'm sure plenty of folks would be willing to help out (check answers and such).

Then in the end (or on the holiday itself) the answers could be posted with first, second and third place for best shipper!

Didn't we have a favorite shippy fic thing a while ago around the same time as a shippy holiday? We could elaborate on it with the same kind of drabble prompts hlndncr came up with and then post them (without usernames) so people can vote for the best/funniest/angstiest/romatic ones.

Ah well, it's just an idea that came to me since I'm enjoying the lead up to Ship Day hlndncr organized so much and everyone else seems to like it too.
                    I thought about that, but there are some people who really don't like the competition aspect. We did do a fic competition last year for Ship Day and it went well, but was soooo much work. This year I decided I'd do things that would put everyone else to work (writing drabbles, answering quizzes). It's been great to have so many shippers participating and sharing their talents and insights.

I hope with everything that is going on here in the thread that everyone is still preparing their presents to share on Ship Day!

Comment

Eight Days 'Til Ship Day!

Sir, you do realize we only have eight more days until Ship Day?

Carter, I thought we had ten days?

No, sir. Yesterday I thought we had ten days, but I may have miscalculated slightly.

Miscalculated? And here I thought you were always right.

Yeah, right.

You see, Sir, I mistakenly included Ship Day itself in the count down,
                      and I shouldn't have done that.

If you think of each calendar week on a base seven numerical system,
                      rather than the base ten system we use for standard mathematical calculations . . .

Aaack, Carter! Math!!!

Sorry, Sir.

Comment

Eight Days 'Til Ship Day! (continued)

Jack: So, eight days.

Sam: Yes, Sir. Do you have your Ship Day presents ready, Sir?

Yeah, I finished mine weeks ago.

How's that possible? I still don't even know what I'm going to do yet?

You know me, Carter. I like to get right on top of these things;
                        always keep my desk clear . . . paper work up to date and all that.

You got help from Daniel and Teal'c didn't you?

Carter, I am perfectly capable of making Ship Day goodies all on my own.

It’s just that I’m still new to this whole Ship Day thing, and I want it to be special.

Relax Carter, I'm sure you'll think of something.

Right. Better get back to my lab and get to work.

I wonder if I could rig something with a naquadah generator?
                        Shippers like it when we send off lots of sparks.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                          Eight Days 'Til Ship Day!
                          Spoiler:

Sir, you do realize we only have eight more days until Ship Day?

Carter, I thought we had ten days?

No, sir. Yesterday I thought we had ten days, but I may have miscalculated slightly.

Miscalculated? And here I thought you were always right.

Yeah, right.

You see, Sir, I mistakenly included Ship Day itself in the count down,
                          and I shouldn't have done that.

If you think of each calendar week on a base seven numerical system,
                          rather than the base ten system we use for standard mathematical calculations . . .

Aaack, Carter! Math!!!

Sorry, Sir.

Oh, I'd so green you for this if I could.
                          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

It's getting close to ship day and there's a lot going on in the thread right now, but don't forget your drabbles! Only three more days left in the Drabble Challenge!

Ten Drabbles in Ten Days!

Remember, this doesn't have to be hard. Just a fun little scene/story in 100 words or less. It can be humorous or sad, poetry or prose. Post them here whenever the muse strikes you (or you strike it)! I'll post a new prompt every 24 hours or so for the next ten days.

Drabble Prompt #8
                            Whispers in the Dark

Comment

hehehehe...okay so this made me feel a lot better. I just got swamped with all this extra Tafe (college) work today unexpectedly, and I was feeling kind of blah, but now I think I am slightly less miserable. And I finished my crack!fic for Ship Day...I only wish that would get me extra credit or something with my teachers :s

Hopefully by ship day I will have enough time to at least post my fic and have a look at the other contributions...and of course watch D&C
                              "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                                Drabble Challenge
                                Spoiler:

There was a problem, a big problem. But actually, it was small. Only one little piece of chocolate left, too small to cut it in half.

'You eat it.'
                                'No, you.'

Why does she always have to be so polite?
                                Why does he always have to be so polite?

'That's enough!' said Sam, put the piece in her mouth and leaned over to kiss him.

'Here, share the taste.'

And with that their kiss lasted longer than any piece of chocolate could ever have.

'Try it.'
                                'No, thanks, it looks too weird.'

'Hm, yes, but it tastes good.'
                                'No.'

'Please. It does not hurt.'
                                When could he ever resist her saying please.
                                'Just a little bit.'

She reached over the table and fed him a spoonful.
                                He turned it in his mouth. He smiled.
                                'You're right, that's good. I promise I'll never say anything about your blue jello.'

Sorry, they're both about food.
                                And please, keep in mind, I'm not used to write and these are my very first attempts.
                                I've got to go spread some rep around the other threads so I can start greening you guys again.

I thought these were great. Mmmm, I'd eat chocolate that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X