X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    And here is my contribution...
    Spoiler:

For years she played it safe. Focusing on school, then the military, she gave everything she had, and still it wasn’t enough. Nothing was ever given back.

But it was predictable, soothing in its regularity. She knew where she was, knew her purpose.

Then, one day, it all changed. No. Not one day. Nothing so finite. It happened so slowly, she barely felt it happen. With a nudge and a smirk, she slid deeper into the stormy chaos of emotion until there was no longer a her and him. It was a them.

And she was lost.

This is a Challenge I can get behind!!
    And you should get behind all of them! That was lovely. Can't wait to see what you do with the next one!
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      Dear Muse, I'm a vidder not a writer, so plz stop poking me!!! (and I blame her if there are grammar mistakes... )

Spoiler:

Years ago he was lost and alone, like a boat in a storm.

He saw only darkness around him.

No light.

No hope.

Then she came in his life.

Her smile like a beacon for his lonely and scarred soul.

Her loving kindness enfolded his spirit, easing his pain.

The shadows of his past began to release their grip on his aching heart.

He learnt that keep living was worth if she was in his life.

She was his rock, his harbour.

He left the tempest behind his shoulders.

Now, lying in her arms, he knew he was finally home.

I've always loved the concept of people being home rather than places. I think it's something that could be especially true for military people. Nicely done!

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
        And you should get behind all of them! That was lovely. Can't wait to see what you do with the next one!
        I'm open to trying most of them... but the shippy rewatch its at direct odds with my sleep schedule. Which is sad, because hlndncr and I are in the same time zone. But I'm definitely up for some of the other stuff she's got in mind.

I only mention this one in particular because writing is kind of my niche. I dabble in vidding and I'm splashing in the ocean of Photoshopping, but writing is my forte.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was more of an actual challenge than I'd anticipated. Never realized how verbose I was until I tried to keep it distilled down to 100 words. Oy!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
          I'm open to trying most of them... but the shippy rewatch its at direct odds with my sleep schedule. Which is sad, because hlndncr and I are in the same time zone. But I'm definitely up for some of the other stuff she's got in mind.

I only mention this one in particular because writing is kind of my niche. I dabble in vidding and I'm splashing in the ocean of Photoshopping, but writing is my forte.
          I haven't done any vidding, but considering I'm a film student, I probably should. I'd need to buy the DVDs though... so far Netflix has been my friend.

I can't Photoshop to save my life. I have it, I just have no idea how to use it! My mom's a whiz-bang with it, but then again, she's a photographer.

Mostly, I'm a writer. I'll definitely be sticking with writing, but perhaps I'll branch out one day.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            I think that's what I was trying to say; I just may not have said it very well. I think Jack was hiding and holding back his true emotions with Hammond, Janet and all the rest. Then he talks to the Entity and it's the one situation where he doesn't have to be careful or hold back.
            I went back and re-read your post - you were clear, there were other posts but I didn't want to multi-quote
            too manyso, sorry, I kinda picked the wrong post.
            sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
              I love this episode. Entity is, for me, a microcosm of everything that Stargate and its heroes stood for. The Ship in this episode is SO evident--the pain that O'Neill suffers throughout this episode is incredibly poignant. I have to say as well that I love the angry Jack in the end who threatens to destroy the entire civilization in order to get Carter back or avenge her.

I also wrote a fic about Entity, in case any newbies might be interested.

The Price of One
              Awesome story. I've bookmarked your fanfiction page to read all your other stories. Are any of the others tie-ins to the eps we'll be re-watching this week?
              sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

I would contribute to the drabble challenge, but I'm not really good at sticking to word counts. I'm likely to go over lol Loved the contributions so far though. I feel the same way about writing as you do Selene
                "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                  I would contribute to the drabble challenge, but I'm not really good at sticking to word counts. I'm likely to go over lol Loved the contributions so far though. I feel the same way about writing as you do Selene
                  I'm not counting.

*pokes sasha's muse*

Comment

I am *absolutely* NOT a writer! But I'm enjoying everyone's contributions...
                    sigpic

Comment

Posting just so I can see my Eureka inspired name...

That is all!

Edit: Hmm, Damage Control Officier. So I pretty much just fix everything that goes wrong.
                      sigpic
                      The Return of King Arthur
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I'm not counting.

*pokes sasha's muse*
                        Hey now...no poking...lol I do not hold myself responsible for the unedited contribution that follows...
                        Spoiler:

She had always felt that he was her safe harbour. The one person that would keep her tethered when everything was swirling around her like a tempest. The eye of her storm. Completely calm in the face of the chaos that darkened their existence.

She had come to associate him with safety. With the unflinching belief that he would always be there, no matter what storm threatened to jolt them apart. Because that was just what they did for each other.

When she was lost, he was the guiding light that brought her home. And to her, that was more important than any words.
                        "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          Posting just so I can see my Eureka inspired name...

That is all!

Edit: Hmm, Damage Control Officier. So I pretty much just fix everything that goes wrong.
                          Whilst I mop floors and clean toilets!

Comment

Hmmm, checking out my Eureka name...

Edit: sa-wheet! All the education and I'm a janitor. Awesome.
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

He has to be thinking about Charlie and some point. Losing his son because of his own gun and now Sam at his own hand.
                              Woow! I have to admit that I didn't make that connection before, and I'm all about both Ships. Great catch.

~BB~

Comment

OK, so I just finished the Entity re-watch, and two things jumped out at me that haven't seemed to be mentioned yet. First, Teal'c was the first to mention that Sam (or rather the Entity in her body) was a security risk, as well as the only member of SG-1 to take the precaution of pointing a Zat at her while she reclaimed her body, citing the previous trickery by the Entity. The fact that Jack and Hammond were both off their strategic games is highlighted as this happened, since it's clear that Teal'c had taken it upon himself to do what the others wanted to do even less than he did. His attitude was essentially, 'it's a dirty job...'

Secondly, I feel like Jack's line, 'where ya been?' is a missed opportunity for the writers. Jack could have said something more touching without violating protocol, but instead chose to immediately revert back to his dry humor as if none of his feelings were personal. Was this intentional or just an emotional continuity error? I can't decide, but unfortunately I'm leaning towards the former.

~BB~

Comment

Working...
                                X