Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    When the previous thread hit 10,000 posts, GW didn't know how to deal with that number, and so the thread went through a number of hiccups before it was finally decided to close that thread and start a Shipper 2.0 thread, which is what this one is now. I don't think we have to worry about this one getting closed down any time soon, since it's been 2.5 years since that event took place and we're nowhere near 10,000 posts with this one.
    I think it was 1,000,000 posts wasn't it? This is post number 31,517 on this thread. I think we've made a good start.

Keep posting shippers!

Correction: I just looked at the old thread. It broke down at 10,000 pages (about 200,000 posts). We're only at page 1576 of our new thread. But this ship will sail forever! 10,000 pages here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
      Hi everyone,

I've been gone a long time. I plan to join you on ship day. What is the difference between this thread and the "discussion" thread? And which thread is best to follow on ship day?

BTW, please somebody answer. I'm a diehard shipper but drifted away because I felt ignored. Everyone here is nice, but I think it's because I'm in a totally different timezone. I would be posting all by my lonesome, get up the next day and everyone would have been posting all through the night (daytime where you all are, I'm sure
      The Ship discussion thread tends to be a much more serious discussion thread about episodes, significance, etc. The ship appreciation thread tends to have more off topic discussions available with more funsy discussion such as someone will post a pic and people will caption it.
      sigpic
      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Huh. I'm starting to wonder if I've ever visited the Discussion thread. Sounds ominous, in an X-Files-y sort of way. *sings theme song*

Or Twilight Zone-ish. So serious!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
          Huh. I'm starting to wonder if I've ever visited the Discussion thread. Sounds ominous, in an X-Files-y sort of way. *sings theme song*

Or Twilight Zone-ish. So serious!
          Why...so....serious!? (I just had a Batman moment sorry haha)

I don't mind serious discussions on occasion, because i find it brings depth to my writing and gives other perspectives. The light stuff is fun however
          "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

I just noticed for the first time (while watching Full Alert) that Jack has a fishing creel hanging from a corner of his mantelpiece.

Amazing the things you notice for the first time after watching the same episode ... oh, maybe 30 times.

Comment

Want... this... so... much!!!!

Stargate SG-1 Legos

Here's the thread where the creator shares his photos.
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                Want... this... so... much!!!!

Stargate SG-1 Legos

Here's the thread where the creator shares his photos.
                That is fantastic!
                sigpic
                Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

x 100,000,000 and 2!
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    I just noticed for the first time (while watching Full Alert) that Jack has a fishing creel hanging from a corner of his mantelpiece.

Amazing the things you notice for the first time after watching the same episode ... oh, maybe 30 times.
                    Need to go back and rewatch the episode! It's amazing the things we have missed in the first 30 viewing of an episode
                    sigpic

Comment

Watching Fifth Man with my friends. They aren't shippers but the first thing my friend said when she saw Sam on screen was, "Doesn't she have a will they/won't they thing with O'Neill?"

Comment

Fifth Man running shippy commentary (feel free to watch with me):

Sam is ready to disobey orders to go back for Jack. Gen. Hammond has to threaten to have her shot to get her to relinquish her weapons.

Comment

Jack is waiting for Sam (and a whole lot of her friends) to come and save him. He totally trusts Sam to do what must be done to get to him.

Comment

Sam is super mad about being held in the infirmary. She is clearly worried the Jack "could be dead by now."

Comment

Sam convinces Janet to investigate rather than report her hullucination. Her argument? We can do anything to help Col. O'Neill. Getting to Jack is foremost on her mind.

Comment

Jack's always trying to get someone to go fishing with him.

Of course we know that he has to ask others because it's just not possible right now for him to do the kind of fishing he really wants to do with the person he really wants to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X