Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    I think the curse is that all the guys she likes in return ends up dead. The ones who are still alive never really got anywhere with her. I think Barrett was right on the edge of crossing into curse territory, but he waited too long.
    Actually, Sam "liked" all of them, regardless of whether they lived or died. None of them except Pete (and possibly Narim, with the kiss) got anywhere with her. She even acknowledged "liking" McKay, in spite of himself. And we all know that Felger never stood a chance with her. And Barrett probably didn't either, even though he wanted to.

Comment

Hi Shipper friends!

Sorry I haven't been around much. I came back from the convention and immediately got very sick. I'm still not feeling very well. So my brain has been pretty fuzzy and my concentration not so good.

When I feel better I promise new arties and stories.

Meanwhile, + = Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        Hi Shipper friends!

Sorry I haven't been around much. I came back from the convention and immediately got very sick. I'm still not feeling very well. So my brain has been pretty fuzzy and my concentration not so good.

When I feel better I promise new arties and stories.

Meanwhile, + = Forever!
        Yay mini Jack and Sam love *grin* Hope you get better soon Hlndncr.
        "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Actually, Sam "liked" all of them, regardless of whether they lived or died. None of them except Pete (and possibly Narim, with the kiss) got anywhere with her. She even acknowledged "liking" McKay, in spite of himself. And we all know that Felger never stood a chance with her. And Barrett probably didn't either, even though he wanted to.
          I think that, if given the chance, something might have happened with her and Faxon. This might just be me projecting my own opinions here, but to me Faxon seemed to have the potential be good-natured enough to appeal to Sam's gentler side, but passionate enough to fulfill her vibrant side. And I think he would have treated her right, without being reduced to childish behavior. The fact that he knew about the Stargate Program only worked in his favor.

But they would only be good together if Jack found someone else to be happy with, which would never happen. I mean, come on, it's Stargate. And Sam. And Jack. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I think that, if given the chance, something might have happened with her and Faxon. This might just be me projecting my own opinions here, but to me Faxon seemed to have the potential be good-natured enough to appeal to Sam's gentler side, but passionate enough to fulfill her vibrant side. And I think he would have treated her right, without being reduced to childish behavior. The fact that he knew about the Stargate Program only worked in his favor.

But they would only be good together if Jack found someone else to be happy with, which would never happen. I mean, come on, it's Stargate. And Sam. And Jack. 'Nuff said.
            the only thing i dislike about joe was that he basically handed earth to the aschen on a silver platter in the alternate timeline, that's the only strike against him. but i agree he does seem like the most likely candidate (besides Jack of course) that i could see with sam. with Jack, i think if i were to see Jack with anyone it was Kerry and i like her because she was the only one who was like "okay, i can see you have feelings for colonel carter and i'm willing to step aside so you can be with her. and even give you an idea so you two can be together." sure she may have been broken hearted but if it was enough to see that she had Jack's best interests at heart. Kerry is okay in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              *creeps in slowly*

I feel guilty for not having been here in a million years. RL and other projects have kept me busy.

So a peace offering:

And I could use a little bit of help. I'm writing another AU fic (but it's still in the planning stages) that takes place at a high school. It's mainly SGA characters but I can't forget SG-1 ... they're the ones that started this! Anyhow, everyone's a teacher. Sam, of course, would be a physics teacher. But I was wondering: if Jack was a teacher, what would he teach, or coach?

Any opinions would be welcome!

I'll try not to be a stranger so often.

Maybe an English teacher since he's such a stickler for proper grammar!
              sigpic
              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

*creeps in slowly*

I feel guilty for not having been here in a million years. RL and other projects have kept me busy.

So a peace offering:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...am/ItF-Hug.gif

And I could use a little bit of help. I'm writing another AU fic (but it's still in the planning stages) that takes place at a high school. It's mainly SGA characters but I can't forget SG-1 ... they're the ones that started this! Anyhow, everyone's a teacher. Sam, of course, would be a physics teacher. But I was wondering: if Jack was a teacher, what would he teach, or coach?

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...smarried02.gif
                Mitchell would be the P.E. Coach
                Jack would be either the Prinicipal or like gater62 said the english teacher
                Daniel would be the History teacher (no stretch there)
                Hammond would be definitely either be the prinicipal or member of the school board.
                Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 07 May 2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

*creeps in slowly*

Or maybe he could just be a disgruntled father of one of Sam's students (Charlie perhaps seeing as its AU) Single parent meets brilliant advanced mathematics and science teacher. Ooooh....or he could teach Astrology as an elective class *shrug* or...like gater62 said. I could see him as an english guy with some half moon specs (crud, I think I'm channelling Harry Potter...is it by chance a wizarding school? LOL)
                  "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                    Or maybe he could just be a disgruntled father of one of Sam's students (Charlie perhaps seeing as its AU) Single parent meets brilliant advanced mathematics and science teacher. Ooooh....or he could teach Astrology as an elective class *shrug* or...like gater62 said. I could see him as an english guy with some half moon specs (crud, I think I'm channelling Harry Potter...is it by chance a wizarding school? LOL)
                    Hehe I totally could go with that
                    sigpic
                    Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

*creeps in slowly*

So a peace offering:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...am/ItF-Hug.gif

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...smarried02.gif
                      The answer (well my answer) to this came to me in a dream after I read what you'd put. In the dream Sam and Jack end up saving a school from some big monster/alien/vortex thing (it's a little fuzzy) and afterwards, Jack is showing Sam around the art room (because that's where he'd been during the attack) and they had all these little cute moments of him grabbing her arm or stroking her hand. But in my dream it was early Sam and Jack so they weren't supposed to be doing this, it was all stolen glances etc.

So from that my brain had obviously leapt to the idea of Jack as an art teacher. I agree with all of the above that Sam would be the crazy brilliant science teacher.

Anyway, it was a nice dream
                      Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Flower View Post
                        The answer (well my answer) to this came to me in a dream after I read what you'd put. In the dream Sam and Jack end up saving a school from some big monster/alien/vortex thing (it's a little fuzzy) and afterwards, Jack is showing Sam around the art room (because that's where he'd been during the attack) and they had all these little cute moments of him grabbing her arm or stroking her hand. But in my dream it was early Sam and Jack so they weren't supposed to be doing this, it was all stolen glances etc.

So from that my brain had obviously leapt to the idea of Jack as an art teacher. I agree with all of the above that Sam would be the crazy brilliant science teacher.

Anyway, it was a nice dream
                        I had a dream like that once I can so see Jack teaching pottery and whatnot (I mean he did encourage art in Learning Curve so it's not too much of a stretch).

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                          If anything, it should be Astronomy. Astronomy is the science, Astrology is the "Pisces: you will receive news from an unexpected source today" approach. I don't think Jack would go for that.

But you know, if you really wanna be AU, why not have Sam be the Auto Shop teacher? She should still be brilliant (maybe a disillusioned former NASA scientist or something) but I could see her being happy teaching how an engine works with the guys in the class all swoony and everything.

Comment

If anything, it should be Astronomy. Astronomy is the science, Astrology is the "Pisces: you will receive news from an unexpected source today" approach. I don't think Jack would go for that.

But you know, if you really wanna be AU, why not have Sam be the Auto Shop teacher? She should still be brilliant (maybe a disillusioned former NASA scientist or something) but I could see her being happy teaching how an engine works with the guys in the class all swoony and everything.
                            That was what I meant. lol. I just was in a rush when I wrote that! My bad *shakes head at self*

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              Mitchell would be the P.E. Coach
                              Jack would be either the Prinicipal or like gater62 said the english teacher
                              Daniel would be the History teacher (no stretch there)
                              Hammond would be definitely either be the prinicipal or member of the school board.
                              Or Jack as Assistant Principal! That would fit with Hammond as Principal.

That is brilliant! Definitely would be original!
                              sigpic
                              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

I remember a fic where Sam left the SGC after a difficult mission and ended up being a mechanic in a small town in NC. In the last chapter posted, Jack's truck breaks down while driving through the area (he doesn't know where she went after she left) and he calls the shop to have his truck fixed. I don't remember the title or author, just that it was never finished (on fanfic net, anyway).

Comment

Working...
                                X