Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!
    I also have a S/J vid ready but I have to wait until next week to upload it cuz it's a b-day gift
    sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Try this:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4012076/1/ Stitches by The Yarn Shop. It gives links to the other sites of authors who have contributed to Stitches, mainly Literatiwannabe (or Christi or Daisycm83). There's also a Live Journal site with this or some of the Stitches stories.

Here's what's on the profile page:

theyarnshop is a collaboration of three separate authors, Christi (known on ff.net as literatiwannabe), Ryuu (GeekRyuu on fanfiction.net), and Katrina (anirtak enigma of ff.net). Together, we are writing a series of fluffy fics rewriting SG-1 from practically the beginning, an Alternate Universe we call Stitches. As a note, we're all rather incurable 'shippers, so if the Sam and Jack pairing bothers you, best steer clear. :-) Stitches is our haven of geekery, where we add one gratuitous, strange addition that, we reason, makes everything better. It has team bonding, Cassie, ship, silliness, a little angst, and yes, even marriage and possibly a baby later.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Try this:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4012076/1/ Stitches by The Yarn Shop. It gives links to the other sites of authors who have contributed to Stitches, mainly Literatiwannabe (or Christi or Daisycm83). There's also a Live Journal site with this or some of the Stitches stories.

Here's what's on the profile page:
        I had been reading this on the S/J site before it closed among other stories and hadn't recalled the name. I love these ficlets though. Glad I'll get to read them again, and catch up on what I missed *clicks link and adds to favourites bar to read later*
        "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
          I had been reading this on the S/J site before it closed among other stories and hadn't recalled the name. I love these ficlets though. Glad I'll get to read them again, and catch up on what I missed
          According to a comment on her Live Journal page, last fall she said there would be two more chapters. I haven't checked to see if Chs. 29&30 are the last two chapters, but that's how many chapters Stitches is up to.

I can totally relate to Jack learning how to knit. I know how to knit and have made afghans, sweaters, vests, baby's stuff, etc., so it was really fun reading about him learning to knit things. And finding the neat yarns and so forth.

I think I need to break out some of my yarn projects and finish them.

Comment

According to a comment on her Live Journal page, last fall she said there would be two more chapters. I haven't checked to see if Chs. 29&30 are the last two chapters, but that's how many chapters Stitches is up to.

I can totally relate to Jack learning how to knit. I know how to knit and have made afghans, sweaters, vests, baby's stuff, etc., so it was really fun reading about him learning to knit things. And finding the neat yarns and so forth.

I think I need to break out some of my yarn projects and finish them.
            I've been in the process of knitting a scarf for about a year....I just keep neglecting it. lol
            "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

I liked the part in the story where Jack knitted socks and left them anonymously in everyone's locker!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                I liked the part in the story where Jack knitted socks and left them anonymously in everyone's locker!
                Yeah. That one was cute. And Sam winding up wanting another pair of them later on because they were so warm and comfy.

OT:
                Spoiler:
                My sister knitted me a pair of socks long ago when I lived in Anchorage. I took them to work with me and wore them around the office in the winter because it was so cold. People used to tease me about wearing those purple socks around the place ... and then wondering where they could get a pair. I wore them out. I may have to attempt to make a pair of my own. And maybe a knit beany, too.

Comment

Hahh, I also can imagine Jack knitting... he is just so... Jack, I totally would believe the idiocy of him knitting

Comment

I never was any good at knitting - now crocheting...I've done a lot of afghans and baby blankets!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      I never was any good at knitting - now crocheting...I've done a lot of afghans and baby blankets!
                      Even though my sister knitted my socks, she claims she crochets better. I claim I knit better. So we can trade making stuff for each other. I've figured out some fairly intricate stitches in knitting, but crocheting anything intricate just defeats me.

Originally posted by For_All_Eternity
                      Hahh, I also can imagine Jack knitting... he is just so... Jack, I totally would believe the idiocy of him knitting
                      Keeps those fingers busy instead of trying to destroy some of Sam's (or Daniel's) doohickeys.

Comment

Keeps those fingers busy instead of trying to destroy some of Sam's (or Daniel's) doohickeys.
                        Ahahh, when it comes to Sam, I think he needs to keep his hand busy for even better reasons

PS. I tried knitting when I was 10. It was a disaster. I moved on to writing

Comment

My cousin in a surgeon (the kind of surgeon that repairs holes in babies' hearts before the babies are even born yet. . .). One of his teachers in med school told him to learn how to do tiny counted cross stitch because it would help him with his surgery skills later on.

So the premise that the authors of Stitches found for Jack knitting was completely believable for me.

Now if I can just figure out how to get Sam quilting. . .
                          sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                            My cousin in a surgeon (the kind of surgeon that repairs holes in babies' hearts before the babies are even born yet. . .). One of his teachers in med school told him to learn how to do tiny counted cross stitch because it would help him with his surgery skills later on.

So the premise that the authors of Stitches found for Jack knitting was completely believable for me.

Now if I can just figure out how to get Sam quilting. . .
                            A quilt pattern based on astrophysics symbols and equations that she has to make in order to show how she figured out a problem?

Comment

A quilt pattern based on astrophysics symbols and equations that she has to make in order to show how she figured out a problem?
                              Either that or she wanted to make a baby quilt - like that - for their child.
                              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Annerb wrote Sam doing just this in one of her stories *grin* I think it was Down here amongst the wreckage

Comment

Working...
                                X