Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    I've never set foot in the US but I do need information like that for my fics so I use Google Maps and create my own with important places. It comes in very handy for canonical places but also specific fic-related locations and you can easily distinguish between them all because you can give each location their own icon. And of course you can see how much distance there is between them.

That's what research is for.
    Research is the fun part of writing IMHO Google maps and wikipedia are very helpful if you need information that is reliable for the most part.
    "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Out of Mind/Into the Fire (1)
      vs.

Divide & Conquer (7)

Out of Mind = meh.
      Back from the grave.

Comment

vs.

Divide & Conquer (8)

Thanks for the birthday greetings!
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

vs.

Divide & Conquer (9)

I can't get past the look on Sam's face when they take Jack away!
          sigpic
          Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            i see pete as just a speed bump in the road of the sam and jack highway.
            Nice. That's how I see it. The guy never had a chance. I fall somewhere between the "poor pete" and the "he's so stupid" category. the whole background check thing and interrupting an op thing was so NOT COOL but on the other hand, he did love her, in his own strange way - I did feel for him a little when she broke up with him. He's just plain not jack

The Best Shippy Episode is . . .

vs.

Divide & Conquer (10)

My favorite scene is the corridor scene where he looks back at her and Daniel and Janet are holding her back. 2nd favorite would be the intenseness with which Jack yells NO! after she tells him to leave. *sigh*

I also like the following:

Jack: she made a pass at me.
            Daniel: Sam?
            Jack: no, Freya/Anise...

Interesting how Danny boy assumed it was Sam who made a pass at Jack!

Comment

The Best Shippy Episode is . . .

vs.

Divide & Conquer (11)

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                I love the confession in D&C, but the episode is so riddled with Martouf fawning over Sam and Tok'ra Barbie kissing Jack that on the whole, it's not a very enjoyable episode to watch straight though.
                Makes you wonder if those two Tok'ra were in on it together; one going after Sam and the other making a pass at Jack...
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  Makes you wonder if those two Tok'ra were in on it together; one going after Sam and the other making a pass at Jack...
                  Good point. Darn sneaky Tok'ra. lol
                  "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                    Yes. After season 10 of SG-1, Sam goes to Atlantis. After that year, she returns to witness the death of the last Ba'al clone in the movie Continuum. Then she gets command of the Hammond as seen in Universe.
                    So practically she is stuck in space while Jack is in Washington?

Comment

Originally posted by For_All_Eternity View Post
                      Their webchats got.... interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                        Their webchats got.... interesting.
                        I'd buy that lol

Comment

hahah, yeah, I would buy that, too! :d

I just watched "Ripple Effects" and I am really stunned.... Sam was never so much into Martouf back when he was alive in her own timeline and now, after she is supposedly with Jack and all, she all of a sudden decided she wants to kiss AU Martouf??? Wtf? And I know people argue that they did not kiss, but it was because of the Asgard that interrupted them, not because Sam decided not to.

It just seems out of character for Sam... especially after telling Barrett she is not single...

Comment

She was unprepared by the resurgence of Jolinar's feelings. I got the feeling they were strongest for Martouf than anything else, and so after he died she got used to not having to guard against them, so when he showed up she was taken over for a perilous, appropriately-ended moment.

Comment

Well I doubt The Hammond is equiped for really long-term space exploration. So IMO she probably is back in earth orbit every few months at least and she would be based in DC with Jack when she's earthside. That means they probably spend more time together now than when she was at the SGC and he was in DC. In any case, it's no different than any other service member doing a tour abroad away from their family. I doubt Sam would do it for more than a couple of years.

hahah, yeah, I would buy that, too! :d

I just watched "Ripple Effects" and I am really stunned.... Sam was never so much into Martouf back when he was alive in her own timeline and now, after she is supposedly with Jack and all, she all of a sudden decided she wants to kiss AU Martouf??? Wtf? And I know people argue that they did not kiss, but it was because of the Asgard that interrupted them, not because Sam decided not to.

It just seems out of character for Sam... especially after telling Barrett she is not single...
                              Don't get me started about Sam being out of character in S9 & S10!

But if I recall (and I refuse to rewatch these eps so my memory is spotty), Sam looked pretty disgusted by the whole thing when it came down to it. Sam did tell Martouf earlier that she sympathized with how hard a long distance relationship could be. So I'm chalking it up to loneliness and chemical fumes that were clearly present in that lab.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Don't get me started about Sam being out of character in S9 & S10!

But if I recall (and I refuse to rewatch these eps so my memory is spotty), Sam looked pretty disgusted by the whole thing when it came down to it. Sam did tell Martouf earlier that she sympathized with how hard a long distance relationship could be. So I'm chalking it up to loneliness and chemical fumes that were clearly present in that lab.
                                My memory of those episodes isn't the best either, but isn't there a scene at the end of that episode where AU Janet is telling Sam that she's on maternity leave in their universe but they won't say who's the dad. Except everyone KNOWS it's Jack. But Sam, for some reason, is acting really dumb and asking Janet to tell her because she doesn't know. That got me mad. Because we all know she really isn't thick.
                                Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Working...
                                X