Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post

CARTER
    It's been two hours since Pete left, you haven't said a word.
    JACOB
    I did so.
    CARTER
    'He seems nice'?
    JACOB
    I believe that's three words.
    CARTER
    I'm gonna marry him.
    JACOB
    I know. I just met him. What do you want me to say? I know how happy he makes you. That's all that matters to me.
    [Carter nods slightly.]
    CARTER
    Okay.
    JACOB
    Selmak really liked him.
    CARTER
    Selmak?
    JACOB
    Yeah, and he's a great judge of character.
    CARTER
    Well, okay.

Jacob is such a bad liar!

So, obviously he didn't like Pete!
    sigpic
    Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

The Best Shippy Episode is . . .

Threads (10)

vs.

Metamorphosis

CARTER
      It's been two hours since Pete left, you haven't said a word.
      JACOB
      I did so.
      CARTER
      'He seems nice'?
      JACOB
      I believe that's three words.
      CARTER
      I'm gonna marry him.
      JACOB
      I know. I just met him. What do you want me to say? I know how happy he makes you. That's all that matters to me.
      [Carter nods slightly.]
      CARTER
      Okay.
      JACOB
      Selmak really liked him.
      CARTER
      Selmak?
      JACOB
      Yeah, and he's a great judge of character.
      CARTER
      Well, okay.

Jacob is such a bad liar!

JACOB
      By all rights, Selmak should have been dead weeks ago. I wouldn't let him go. I thought we needed him, that I needed him to help you stop the Replicators.
      CARTER
      Dad?
      JACOB
      He hung on as long as he could. Then he slipped into a coma just after we activated the weapon on Dakara.

So, obviously he didn't like Pete!
      Haha. Obviously not lol
      "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Threads (10)

vs.

Metamorphosis (1)

Threads just seem more Daniel Jackson related then anything else.
        Back from the grave.

Comment

Threads (10)

vs.

Metamorphosis (2)

I know, I know, Threads is supposed to be THE shippy episode. But I think Metamorphosis has better ship. There's no reason for either of them to hold back, because there's no Pete yet, and I love the physical closeness of them both in this episode. Jack gets scared out of his mind for her, and she rests her head on his shoulder. So perfect. And it all ends happily ever after!!!

And plus, I kinda don't hate Pete, so I don't really like watching him get his heart broken. It's not his fault he got caught up in the angstiest ship ever.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post

And plus, I kinda don't hate Pete, so I don't really like watching him get his heart broken. It's not his fault he got caught up in the angstiest ship ever.
            lol. I don't hate Pete either. Poor guy just never knew what he was getting himself into. Its not like he had a Sam/Jack relationship primer.
            "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

I find Pete quite annoying.... He just acts so immature.... Sam is always the more serious one, she doesn't need someone who acts like a 14-year-old around her. At least the other guys who liked her didn't act like adolescents Sam is a person who has gone through a lot, she needs someone with a little bit higher emotional intelligence than Pete.

That said, Pete's sense of humor and immaturity actually remind me of... Jack... :d It is as if he is the non-SG variant of Colonel O'Neil. But, idk, Jack says jokes and acts like a baby but still maintains the air of seriousness, Pete.... he just acts like a baby.

Do I make any sense at all? Probably not....

Comment

Originally posted by For_All_Eternity View Post
                I find Pete quite annoying.... He just acts so immature.... Sam is always the more serious one, she doesn't need someone who acts like a 14-year-old around her. At least the other guys who liked her didn't act like adolescents Sam is a person who has gone through a lot, she needs someone with a little bit higher emotional intelligence than Pete.

That said, Pete's sense of humor and immaturity actually remind me of... Jack... :d It is as if he is the non-SG variant of Colonel O'Neil. But, idk, Jack says jokes and acts like a baby but still maintains the air of seriousness, Pete.... he just acts like a baby.

Do I make any sense at all? Probably not....
                I'd say Pete is more like Mitchell when it comes to his sense of humor, not Jack at all.

I don't like Pete and I think the actor was a bad choice to portray the character, unless TPTB intended for him to be hated/disliked all along. Pete's just too nosy and you would think a cop would know the meaning of classified. But no, he's got to be this cliche that runs a background check on the woman he's just slept with for the first time. If he was a friend of her brother then he would probably already know bits and pieces about her, especially that she's very private and can't talk about her work. But no, he gets someone at the FBI to run a background check on her and follows her around, can't even recognize a stakeout when he sees one and gets shot. His reward? Oh, disclosure of the SGC. Gah! It's just ridiculous! And that's not even taking his juvenile sense of humor and their lack of chemistry into account...
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I really dislike this stalking thing, if someone did this to me, I'd ditch him immediately.

Anyway
                  The Best Shippy Episode is . . .

Threads (11)

vs.

Metamorphosis (2)
                  sigpic

Comment

Playing around with Sepia techniques today.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      Playing around with Sepia techniques today.

I love this pic so much. Makes me smile. I wonder if RDA had told AT a joke to get her to laugh like that? Of course in my mind, it's because Sam's so deliriously happy
                      Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

I'd say Pete is more like Mitchell when it comes to his sense of humor, not Jack at all.

I don't like Pete and I think the actor was a bad choice to portray the character, unless TPTB intended for him to be hated/disliked all along. Pete's just too nosy and you would think a cop would know the meaning of classified. But no, he's got to be this cliche that runs a background check on the woman he's just slept with for the first time. If he was a friend of her brother then he would probably already know bits and pieces about her, especially that she's very private and can't talk about her work. But no, he gets someone at the FBI to run a background check on her and follows her around, can't even recognize a stakeout when he sees one and gets shot. His reward? Oh, disclosure of the SGC. Gah! It's just ridiculous! And that's not even taking his juvenile sense of humor and their lack of chemistry into account...
                        I think it was the plan to tell you the truth. PDL probably just thought "Okay, so I'll put my brother on the show and make him the most hated guy ever. My deviousness is unchallenged." lol

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                          I think it was the plan to tell you the truth. PDL probably just thought "Okay, so I'll put my brother on the show and make him the most hated guy ever. My deviousness is unchallenged." lol
                          I don't think that there was a single moment where I actually liked Pete. And I tried. Even if I wasn't a die-hard J/S shipper, I don't think I could have liked him.
                          sigpic
                          || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                            Lol! I tend to fall on the "oh poor Pete" side rather than I hate his guts. It was always going to be Sam and Jack.But I was kind of glad he didn't end up dead like Sam's other *cough* love interests *cough*. Not sure if that's the right word. Like Martouf. Poor Martouf .
                            Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

I agree with fems 100%. I hate !

The only Sam love interest I would have liked to see live would be Joe Faxon. But then he was a real threat to Jack because we know in one version of the timeline Sam chose him over Jack. Still, he was a better match for her and would have been a much better choice for a continuing love interest. Because as others have said was never a realistic option.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                I agree with fems 100%. I hate !

The only Sam love interest I would have liked to see live would be Joe Faxon. But then he was a real threat to Jack because we know in one version of the timeline Sam chose him over Jack. Still, he was a better match for her and would have been a much better choice for a continuing love interest. Because as others have said was never a realistic option.
                                i see pete as just a speed bump in the road of the sam and jack highway.

Comment

Working...
                                X