Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild Flower View Post
    Yeah, been trying to do that. But then I think of something randomly and I have to right it down then and there or it disappears.

Keeps happening with my dreams recently, I have a really good dream that would make a great story and then it's gone by the time I get up. *goes to put pen and paper next to bed*
    I actually have a post-it pad and pen on the floor next to my bed. Notepad didn't really work for me because it was often too much effort to even lift it, turn on the light, focus and write it neatly down. The post-its don't require much light (the numbers on the alarm clock are sufficient) or neat writing and aren't heavy at all! Plus, if I need to write on more than one I never lose them because they'll stick to something on the wall, nightstand or floor! And it allows me to stick 'em on the wall next to my computer screen in the morning so I can work out the ideas...
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      I actually have a post-it pad and pen on the floor next to my bed. Notepad didn't really work for me because it was often too much effort to even lift it, turn on the light, focus and write it neatly down. The post-its don't require much light (the numbers on the alarm clock are sufficient) or neat writing and aren't heavy at all! Plus, if I need to write on more than one I never lose them because they'll stick to something on the wall, nightstand or floor! And it allows me to stick 'em on the wall next to my computer screen in the morning so I can work out the ideas...
      Haha, yeah I think we've discussed post-its etc over on FF.net before haven't we?

Sounds like a plan though. Thanks!
      Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Flower View Post
        Haha, yeah I think we've discussed post-its etc over on FF.net before haven't we?

Sounds like a plan though. Thanks!
        Indeed we did! But that were the ones on the wall, not near the bed

~

After brainstorming for a bit I finally have a (very simple) title for my Valenship fic, as well as a summary!
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          Indeed we did! But that were the ones on the wall, not near the bed

~

After brainstorming for a bit I finally have a (very simple) title for my Valenship fic, as well as a summary!

Chapter 1

Comment

so regarding super bowl sunday, what do you think our favorite married couple are doing for it? a party with SG-1 and Landry?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              so regarding super bowl sunday, what do you think our favorite married couple are doing for it? a party with SG-1 and Landry?
              I know Pol would have some good ideas on this -I fear we may not see her for awhile as the next few weeks are dissertation crunch time!

Jack has issued the invites and is suprising Sam with a little mini-reunion of their friends. Landry was in town anyway, attending meetings at the Pentagon. Teal'c, Cam, Vala, and even Jonas are making a special trip from Colorado. Daniel had to be forcibly removed from Atlantis, but Jack managed it (Atlantis is still stationed on the the moon, right?).

It must have been murder keeping all this under Sam's radar, but we all know how crafty Jack can be. LOL
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                I know Pol would have some good ideas on this -I fear we may not see her for awhile as the next few weeks are dissertation crunch time!

Jack has issued the invites and is suprising Sam with a little mini-reunion of their friends. Landry was in town anyway, attending meetings at the Pentagon. Teal'c, Cam, Vala, and even Jonas are making a special trip from Colorado. Daniel had to be forcibly removed from Atlantis, but Jack managed it (Atlantis is still stationed on the the moon, right?).

It must have been murder keeping all this under Sam's radar, but we all know how crafty Jack can be. LOL
                sounds like it would be quite a reunion. im still wondering since its been 3 years since sam took command of the hammond if she was resassigned again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  sounds like it would be quite a reunion. im still wondering since its been 3 years since sam took command of the hammond if she was resassigned again.
                  Isn't there a video game where she's in command of the SGC (and not just as a temporary fill in for one of the other generals)? I like the idea of Sam running the SGC. Kind of like how she was perfect for Atlantis, but better because she's now on her home turf.

I think it'd be fun to read a fic about some foothold situation at the SGC, except Sam is the General and she had to surprise all the noobs by demonstrating how SG-1 earned their legendary status. She's not just a pretty face, after all...

And I say read because while I could probably come up with a feasible plot, I really do not have the time to make it work. Strangers needs to finish, and then I have a gazillion others to finish before I can start posting again... *Sigh*

Comment

LCJS:

I do like the idea of Sam taking control of the SGC and Jack finally retiring and them living in Colorado Springs (which I think is a fitting progression for this story), but I guess I was thinking that with the end of SGU last (summer, wasn't it?)...having those changes happen this soon seemed a little fast (imo). I don't think Jack is quite ready to step away, and I think that Landry is the person that will replace him -so it would be Landry vacating the head of SGC that would make Sam's assignment possible.

But, if you like to think of the rearranging having alread occured in the last 6 months, here is a different version of my suggested scenario to fit it:

Jack has issued the invites and is suprising Sam with a little mini-reunion of their friends at their house in Colorado Springs. They've finally unpacked the last box, so they are officially moved in and the party will double as a housewarming.

Landry was in town anyway, attending meetings at the SGC, and he wouldn't miss this for the world.

Teal'c, Cam, Vala, and even Jonas are coming over. Daniel had to be forcibly removed from Atlantis, but Jack managed it (Atlantis is still stationed on the the moon, right?).

It must have been murder keeping all this under Sam's radar, but since Jack is retired he had time on his hands, and we all know how much mischief he can get up to when that happens. LOL.

Better?
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                      Isn't there a video game where she's in command of the SGC (and not just as a temporary fill in for one of the other generals)? I like the idea of Sam running the SGC. Kind of like how she was perfect for Atlantis, but better because she's now on her home turf.

I think it'd be fun to read a fic about some foothold situation at the SGC, except Sam is the General and she had to surprise all the noobs by demonstrating how SG-1 earned their legendary status. She's not just a pretty face, after all...

And I say read because while I could probably come up with a feasible plot, I really do not have the time to make it work. Strangers needs to finish, and then I have a gazillion others to finish before I can start posting again... *Sigh*

Cop out! Write down the notes and get back to it when you can! (It doesn't have to be as epic as Strangers, girl!)
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                        Cop out! Write down the notes and get back to it when you can! (It doesn't have to be as epic as Strangers, girl!)
                        Bwahahah! I do have a white board I can use for notes (it's helped quite a bit with Strangers). But there is another SG-1 fic I wanna get through before I start anything new. And there's the NCIS fic that's been WIP for months without an update. I'm a horrible author (in quantity, if not quality). I wish I could get paid to write this crap. It would make my life a whole lot easier!

And just to make sure we're still on topic, my next SG-1 fic will be an S/J fic. It's gonna be awesome. It's one of the ones I've had simmering for a long while, like Strangers (it might actually be older than Strangers, come to think of it). Gives me shivers.

Comment

*waves*

I'm here...and now am gone again. Got the Manchester U/Chelsea game on while I dive back into the dissertation. Crunch time, indeed.

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

I had a nice laugh this morning when I found this little gem on YouTube:

That is all.
                            sigpic
                            The Return of King Arthur
                            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yal-iczeWLw

That is all.
                              This is bloody amazing! Thanks for sharing

Chapter 1

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yal-iczeWLw

That is all.
                                wow. they both look young. i wonder if they remember even doing this show.

Comment

Working...
                                X