No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG! For reasons I can't even begin to explain this made me incredibly happy!
    Absolutely OT, but sooo beautiful.
    Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      Love them
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        I was watching 'Grace' today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/Animations/Season%207%20animations/TheKissSlowbevMR.gif
        Must've been the same channel
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
          Thanks LadyJeep! Are you new here? I don't recognize your name. Welcome!!
          She an old time shipper coming to your rescue
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Here's a cute scene from the SG1 ebook, "Alliances". Sam, Jack and Daniel are pretending to be slaves in order to help rescue people from Lord Yu's baby farm. Sam and Jack are supposed to be mated to each other. The overseer/slave of the farm has them staying in his small house and insists they must have the "mating room" for themselves.

Spoiler:

Takes place shortly after "The Other Side".
            I enjoyed that little snippet... too bad I know that it won't become RST.

Comment

That is the LAST time I fail to logon for 3 consecutive days! TOO MUCH to catch up on. Here goes:

Originally posted by Wild Flower View Post
              New to this... Thanks to Selene0789 for introducing me to it.

Anyway, what's all this running nekkid business?? (I'm British, we can be a little uncomfortable with things like that...)
              Originally posted by shivez View Post
              Migrated over here from Jack/Sam Fanfics. How come I've never seen this thread? I guess I don't lurk and obviously post and reply enough.
              Welcome to the noobs! Here's something pretty for you

Wild Flower: I see they members introduced you to the shiptionary, so the nekkid running should make sense now...don't be afraid

Shivez -so sorry it took you so long to find us!! welcome.

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
              How's the reader response over there? I've strayed over there from time to time, but I haven't really investigated it like I should. But reader response is vital to my creative process.
              I like the format of AO3, but where it's newer, I don't think you get the level of traffic/comments that you currently get on FFN (but as Shannon says...they are growing and the ability to give 'kudos' is a nice touch, and all the other positives she mentioned). I think that in a short time they may give FFN a run for their money.

I would imagine there has probably already been a bit of discussion about this topic but I was wondering if anyone else has music that they associate with the shippyness.
              Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
              I tend to think about Sam and Jack all the time when I'm listening to music! Okay, so this proves a point that I probably think about them way too much! I have no qualms, I know I am a die-hard shipper!
              I listen to the radio on my way to and from work...and YES! It's amazing how many songs make me think of S/J. I can't make vids to save my life (I try to figure out how to provoke some of our talented members to make some vids to match the songs playing in my head *cough*selene*cough*).

Originally posted by Pol View Post
              OMG OMG OMG OMG!!
              LOOK!! (Okay, don't get all shippy excited, this is a LEGO/Stargate thing.) Er...
              COOL!!

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
              If you liked this you might want to check out this video. It's a bit longish, but the Gate is awesome!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT0IrlCwLq0
              That was just completely awesome! Thanks for sharing, Lilac!

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
              And on a shippy note, my nine year old was in my studio while I was working the other day, and I was watching THe Big Bang Theory (which I got for Christmas). She said, "Mom, when are you going to start rewatching Stargate again? Don't you want to see Sam and Jack finally get together?". I couldn't break her little heart to tell her that there was no confirmation. Angsty, huh?
              That little cracking sound you just heard? That was my heart breaking a little for your baby girl *sigh*.

Done and done. Apologies to all, forgive a probie?
              No problem, Wild Flower -we just don't want to invoke the wrath of the mods! LOL -I promise it took me weeks to get my act together...I kept forgetting to remove the tags (blushes).

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Here's a cute scene from the SG1 ebook, "Alliances". Sam, Jack and Daniel are pretending to be slaves in order to help rescue people from Lord Yu's baby farm. Sam and Jack are supposed to be mated to each other. The overseer/slave of the farm has them staying in his small house and insists they must have the "mating room" for themselves.
              that was hilarious! thanks, hedwig!
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

A song I heard today that made me think of S/J (from Jack's POV):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46zhI-JUN8Q
                Last edited by SaraBahama; 14 January 2012, 09:10 AM. Reason: removed IMG tags -the link is sufficient
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

...And this one (Jacob's POV)

"I loved her first"

Sam & Jacob.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fV6fmBerRg
                  Last edited by SaraBahama; 14 January 2012, 09:11 AM. Reason: removed IMG tags -the link is sufficient
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

This one would be post-Threads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etr7UtnUflM
                    Last edited by SaraBahama; 14 January 2012, 09:11 AM. Reason: removed IMG tags -the link is sufficient
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Quite a few lines of Darius Rucker's "This" also make me think of them (again, Jack's POV).

Spoiler:
                      Got a baby girl sleeping in my bedroom
                      And her mama laughing in my arms
                      There's the sound of rain on the rooftop
                      And the game's about to start

I don't really know how I got here
                      But I'm sure glad that I did
                      And it's crazy to think that one little thing
                      Could've changed all of it

Maybe it didn't turn out like I planned
                      Maybe that's why I'm such, such a lucky man

...it just seems to fit him.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Very cute lyrics above, thanks, yeah I'm utterly clueless when it comes to videos too. But then again I'm pretty new to all of this in general
                        Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

that makes the two of us, wildflower

Hello everyone. I was pointed to this particular thread by polrobin after I commented on her recent fic and the whole "who's the first shipper" debate.

That lego stargate video was awesome.

Comment

Welcome picardythirds
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                              that makes the two of us, wildflower

Hello everyone. I was pointed to this particular thread by polrobin after I commented on her recent fic and the whole "who's the first shipper" debate.

That lego stargate video was awesome.
                              Welcome!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Welcome to the thread! Have you been to the Sam and Jack shipper lounge and the Jack-Sam-Fic-Recs thread already?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X