No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removed the IMG tags on the Magazine covers link of Nola's.

Merry Shipmas!

FICTION
    Mission Accomplished by Mamageek *NEW*
    Christmas at the Cabin by fems *NEW*
    Christmas Chatter by A. Karswyll *NEW*
    How The Grinch Stole Shipmas S/J Style... by SaraBahama *NEW*
    Northern Skies by Nynaeve506 *NEW*
    A Kiss Is Still a Kiss by Nynaeve506 (2009)
    SJ Squared Christmas Style by PatriotJackie
    Tis the Season by SqueeG-1
    Jack and the Christmas preperations by Valerie Jackson
    Myrrh by Zoser
    Twas the Night Before Shipmas by BrenRen
    Under the Mistletoe by SG1Rocker
    The Tree by KatSpencer
    The Twelve Days of Shipmas by ValerieJackson
    Finding Carter by polrobin
    Have Yourself A Merry Little Shipmas by Nortwestern
    Sam's Christmas Dream by dreamer one
    Sown by Trinity 1.0
    Twas The Night Before Christmas SG1 Style by polrobin
    One Small Step by JenniferJF
    I Heard the Bells by JenniferJF
    All I Want for Christmas Is You by sg-1fanintn
    Jeeps, Peeps & Leeps: A Christmas Story by sg-1fanintn
    The Holiday Inspection by sg-1fanintn
    A Christmas Tale by sg-1fanintn
    Christmas Cookies by sg-1fanintn
    Christmas in D. C. by sg-1fanintn
    An Unexpected Christmas Present by Rachel500

VIDEOS
    All my life by Starg8rocks*NEW*
    Sam and Jack - Brighter than the sun by Yessika *NEW*
    Everything by mamageek *NEW*
    Shipmas 2011 by XFChemist *NEW*
    sam and jack - bad romance by Yessika
    sam and jack - two is better than one by Yessika
    SG1 - i said i love you by Akachan
    I Would Die For You - Sam/Jack by Ewige Studentin
    They Sam/Jack by laci2laci
    Come On Get Higher by laci2laci
    Stargate SG.1 - Dedicated to Bekki Merry Christmas! by AnnaGiuilaFiction
    Sam & Jack: The Story So Far (Or There And Back Again In Three Minutes) by Cagranosalis
    Sam & Jack Advent Calender 2009 by Cagranosalis
    Sam & Jack Advent Calender 2010 by Cagranosalis
    Merry Christmas (Stargate SG1) by KisaraProduktion
    Stargate SG1 - The Greatest Time Of Year! by ThatTrekChick
    Stargate SG-1: Team - Merry Christmas SG-1 by SpunkProductionsDK1
    Stargate SG1 Christmas Hoedown Extravaganza! by BethanieRobin
    Jack and Sam -"The Story" by KaraHarter
    "Don't Think I Don't Think About It" (A Sam/Jack Vid) by selene0789
    I Don't Want This Night to End (A Sam/Jack Vid) by selene0789
    Stargate SG-1: Sam & Jack - She's Out Of My League by samandjackbelongtoge
    Sam/Jack - Fallin' For You by 0krissy0

ART
    Magazine Covers by Nolamom *NEW*
    Home by SaraBahama*NEW*
    Maui by SaraBahama*NEW*
    Watching TV by Nolamom *NEW*
    Presents Under the Tree by Nolamom *NEW*
    Christmas Eve at the Cabin by Nolamom *NEW*
    O'Neill Family Christmas cards by A Karswyll *NEW*
    Merry Shipmas by TrekNik *NEW*
    Shipmas 2011 Tree by Nolamom *NEW*
    Happy Holidays with the O'Neills by Mala *NEW*
    Shipmas Cards by hlndncr *NEW*
    Every Sam/Jack Shippy Moment Ever by hlndncr
    Sam/Jack Episode Banners by hlndncr
    Shipper Rewatch Banners by Many Talented Shippers
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Fixed the link on the magazine covers to entire album instead of just one pic; deleted double link of cabin christmas eve
      Merry Shipmas!

FICTION
      Mission Accomplished by Mamageek *NEW*
      Christmas at the Cabin by fems *NEW*
      Christmas Chatter by A. Karswyll *NEW*
      How The Grinch Stole Shipmas S/J Style... by SaraBahama *NEW*
      Northern Skies by Nynaeve506 *NEW*
      A Kiss Is Still a Kiss by Nynaeve506 (2009)
      Tis the Season by SqueeG-1
      Jack and the Christmas preperations by Valerie Jackson
      Myrrh by Zoser
      Twas the Night Before Shipmas by BrenRen
      Under the Mistletoe by SG1Rocker
      The Tree by KatSpencer
      The Twelve Days of Shipmas by ValerieJackson
      Finding Carter by polrobin
      Have Yourself A Merry Little Shipmas by Nortwestern
      Sam's Christmas Dream by dreamer one
      Sown by Trinity 1.0
      Twas The Night Before Christmas SG1 Style by polrobin
      One Small Step by JenniferJF
      I Heard the Bells by JenniferJF
      All I Want for Christmas Is You by sg-1fanintn
      Jeeps, Peeps & Leeps: A Christmas Story by sg-1fanintn
      The Holiday Inspection by sg-1fanintn
      A Christmas Tale by sg-1fanintn
      Christmas Cookies by sg-1fanintn
      Christmas in D. C. by sg-1fanintn
      An Unexpected Christmas Present by Rachel500

VIDEOS
      All my life by Starg8rocks*NEW*
      Sam and Jack - Brighter than the sun by Yessika *NEW*
      Everything by mamageek *NEW*
      Shipmas 2011 by XFChemist *NEW*
      sam and jack - bad romance by Yessika
      sam and jack - two is better than one by Yessika
      SG1 - i said i love you by Akachan
      I Would Die For You - Sam/Jack by Ewige Studentin
      They Sam/Jack by laci2laci
      Come On Get Higher by laci2laci
      Stargate SG.1 - Dedicated to Bekki Merry Christmas! by AnnaGiuilaFiction
      Sam & Jack: The Story So Far (Or There And Back Again In Three Minutes) by Cagranosalis
      Sam & Jack Advent Calender 2009 by Cagranosalis
      Sam & Jack Advent Calender 2010 by Cagranosalis
      Merry Christmas (Stargate SG1) by KisaraProduktion
      Stargate SG1 - The Greatest Time Of Year! by ThatTrekChick
      Stargate SG-1: Team - Merry Christmas SG-1 by SpunkProductionsDK1
      Stargate SG1 Christmas Hoedown Extravaganza! by BethanieRobin
      Jack and Sam -"The Story" by KaraHarter
      "Don't Think I Don't Think About It" (A Sam/Jack Vid) by selene0789
      I Don't Want This Night to End (A Sam/Jack Vid) by selene0789
      Stargate SG-1: Sam & Jack - She's Out Of My League by samandjackbelongtoge
      Sam/Jack - Fallin' For You by 0krissy0

ART
      Magazine Covers by Nolamom *NEW*
      Home by SaraBahama*NEW*
      Maui by SaraBahama*NEW*
      Watching TV by Nolamom *NEW*
      Presents Under the Tree by Nolamom *NEW*
      O'Neill Family Christmas cards by A Karswyll *NEW*
      Merry Shipmas by TrekNik *NEW*
      Shipmas 2011 Tree by Nolamom *NEW*
      Happy Holidays with the O'Neills by Mala *NEW*
      Shipmas Cards by hlndncr *NEW*
      Every Sam/Jack Shippy Moment Ever by hlndncr
      Sam/Jack Episode Banners by hlndncr
      Shipper Rewatch Banners by Many Talented Shippers
      sigpic

Comment

Hi shippers, thanks for all the Shipmas green. I'll work my way through the Shipmas thread, but my RL is a bit at the moment, so that may take a while. But I think I'll enjoy it, as it brings some distraction
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
          Hon. I've been hanging out in the cavern of angst for yeeeeeears. You talk about houses, but hon, there are no houses, just the cavern with a sweet river of gutter that runs through it and that's where I dwell.

And I know quite a few others around here that could tell you a thing or two about the property. We might just have been around the block with it a little bit longer...
          Sorry, hon, I didn't realize it was a contest. Besides, I didn't say it was in the caverns of angst. I am far too accommodated to modern life to live in a cave; I need my bed, electricity, hot water, central heating and internet. I just visit the caverns on occasion while I'm at my second house

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
          Fems has some guttery M-rated scenes in her fics!
          So I've been told

I categorize Pol's as angst primarily because it's UST - they both go through some very agonizing experiences (including what happens with BtS) and they continue, despite their deep devotion to each other, to fight for their country and essentially ignore that chemistry between them.

This is why I don't understand fems categorizing them as "fluff". No one (at least, no one you want to hang around) is doom and gloom (which I don't categorize as angst, but...doom and gloom). There's no resolution to their UST. It's definitely lighter at the beginning (as it was in the series) when it was nothing but chemistry, but once those feelings go deep, it's angst because they can't be resolved (at least not in a way that keeps the team as is) - and of course, the characters would want them to be.

A happy ending doesn't automatically mean fluff (and honestly good writing doesn't really always fall into one or the other - I absolutely won't read PWP. Pure gutter doesn't appeal to me. A well written story will draw from various strengths to weave together a narrative about humanity - this is what I *love* about Pol's Campfires. It's not just true to character, but the emotions are true to life. If someone were perpetually angsty we either get them professional help or we write them off as emo).

If I'm going to categorize stories, I base it on the story as a WHOLE - a fluff story is one that is light-hearted over all. Angst is going to be drama. Gutter is PWP. I generally write Angst with a side of gutter and sometimes, blink and you'll miss it, there's a dash of fluff, but like a chef, it's a garnishment
          The circumstances alone don't make a situation angsty; yes, there is UST, wanting and loving but they can't get together because of the frat regs. That in itself doesn't make it angsty to me. It's how the writer deals with these circumstances, the characters' feelings, thoughts and actions that determines it.

I wouldn't necessarily call the Campfires fluffy; I said shippy. But when having to pick between angst and fluffy (as when Pol said they were fluffy), I'd definitely pick the latter. In general though I'd associate... probably AkamaiMom's fics with fluff. It's one of the first names that pops into my head when thinking fluff and the Campfires are more tags with a shippy undertone (varying in strength per chapter; to me it's more of a overtone but that's probably because I don't have very strong shippy prescription glasses).

All in all, I guess it really depends on your interpretation of angst; I've read several definitions for it and to me angst is a combination of emotional torment, pain, distress, anguish, fear, a bit of anxiety, (melo)drama, sadness... and hope. Maybe even depression and brooding although I tend to associate that more with dark stuff but, like you said, it depends on the context and the story as a whole. Angst often goes hand in hand with drama and hurt/comfort, too.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Phew! I've finally finished going through the Shipmas thread and handing out greens! Thank you to everyone who took part and posted videos, fics and art work. It was great and I had a blast!

Off topic grumble:

Spoiler:
            As well as participating in the current SG-1 rewatch I'm working my way through Atlantis and I have to say, I'm developing an intense dislike of Ronan. He didn't bother me on my first viewing, but this time round his attitude is really starting to wind me up!
            The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              Sorry, hon, I didn't realize it was a contest. Besides, I didn't say it was in the caverns of angst. I am far too accommodated to modern life to live in a cave; I need my bed, electricity, hot water, central heating and internet. I just visit the caverns on occasion while I'm at my second house
              I generally will take offense with anyone who calls my angst levels into question. I don't get my feathers ruffled, but I found your previous post a bit...snarky. So I snark back. It's the way I do things

The circumstances alone don't make a situation angsty; yes, there is UST, wanting and loving but they can't get together because of the frat regs. That in itself doesn't make it angsty to me. It's how the writer deals with these circumstances, the characters' feelings, thoughts and actions that determines it.

I wouldn't necessarily call the Campfires fluffy; I said shippy. But when having to pick between angst and fluffy (as when Pol said they were fluffy), I'd definitely pick the latter. In general though I'd associate... probably AkamaiMom's fics with fluff. It's one of the first names that pops into my head when thinking fluff and the Campfires are more tags with a shippy undertone (varying in strength per chapter; to me it's more of a overtone but that's probably because I don't have very strong shippy prescription glasses).

All in all, I guess it really depends on your interpretation of angst; I've read several definitions for it and to me angst is a combination of emotional torment, pain, distress, anguish, fear, a bit of anxiety, (melo)drama, sadness... and hope. Maybe even depression and brooding although I tend to associate that more with dark stuff but, like you said, it depends on the context and the story as a whole. Angst often goes hand in hand with drama and hurt/comfort, too.
              Well. Based on your definition Pol's Campfires would be angsty (I'm assuming you've read the entire series...). And I agree that I find Akamai's stuff fluffy.

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 19 December 2011, 10:46 AM.

Comment

I generally will take offense with anyone who calls my angst levels into question. I don't get my feathers ruffled, but I found your previous post a bit...snarky. So I snark back. It's the way I do things
                It wasn't my intention to snark; you were questioning the level I was operating and I merely tried to explain that I like heavy angst, not the fluffy, lighthearted angst (which is what I would call the angst you feel is present in the Campfires) but combined with a bit of squee. It wasn't about experience or who's been hanging out where the longest (you'd probably win since you're older and live in the States) just my personal preference, which you questioned. You also implied I didn't like gutter (or had fallen into the abyss), which is absolutely not true and though I thought that much was clear from my occasional posts here (and my fics), I felt I might as well set the record straight regarding that too.

The only reasons I can think of for you to have interpreted it as snarky is that it was very late here and/or the language barrier, because I was tired, not so clear of mind (hence the editing) and switching between GW and reading/writing in my native language (again, hence the editing).

Well. Based on your definition Pol's Campfires would be angsty (I'm assuming you've read the entire series...).
                I think I've read 1-3 and most of four, but I wasn't really feeling the angst... maybe because it felt too shippy to me. Again, not that there's anything wrong with it (before there's another misunderstanding ) but it didn't quite fit with my view of things and characters, which is why I only read them when I'm in a shippy mood.
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Well. Based on your definition Pol's Campfires would be angsty (I'm assuming you've read the entire series...). And I agree that I find Akamai's stuff fluffy.

[IMG]http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp100/Twilight506/Stargate/moebiuskiss.jpg[/]
                  My husband finds my "stuff" fluffy, too. Hubba hubba.

Ha!
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

The only reasons I can think of for you to have interpreted it as snarky is that it was very late here and/or the language barrier, because I was tired, not so clear of mind (hence the editing) and switching between GW and reading/writing in my native language (again, hence the editing).

I think I've read 1-3 and most of four, but I wasn't really feeling the angst... maybe because it felt too shippy to me. Again, not that there's anything wrong with it (before there's another misunderstanding ) but it didn't quite fit with my view of things and characters, which is why I only read them when I'm in a shippy mood.

It might be miscommunication (in which case my bad!) - it's not about length or time or place or anything like that. (And the joke about the abyss is to say that you've gone so far into the cavern of angst, there's no hope left LOL. Sometimes the cavern dwellers have a tendency to fall over the edge )

My primary confusion with your statement is that Pol's Campfires, while "shippy" are very gut wrenching (and given that you haven't read through 4 all the way, I can see why you might not get that piece, BUT I would say that you ought to reserve such judgement until you've given the full series a fair reading) - ultimately she follows the show's 'angst' level which is that in S.1-3, there isn't a whole lot between them but by S.4. Oh. Yes. LOL (I'm not sure what you mean by "shippy" though. Something can be very shippy and very angsty, I would categorize my own writing that way. It's focused exclusively on their relationship but with a great bit of drama).

The aim wasn't to create any sort of one-upmanship. There's plenty of room for everyone and all different types.

Comment

Wow. Seems I'm gonna need to write an extra fluffer-nutter Campfire soon! Hmm.

We're up to The Curse. Which one is that, again? Yeesh.

Nobody was more astonished than I when a fan wrote a while back about how much she loved my "angsty fanfic." I was flummoxed (great word, eh?).

I had no idea I wrote angst! I've been accused of over-saccharine fluffiness, but...angst?

LOL.

It's funny how the writer's and the reader's perception can be so vastly different.
                      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Good luck with The Curse; it's the one with Sarah Gardner getting snaked by Osiris and Daniel, Sam and Janet following Steven (and unknowingly Osiris) to Egypt while Jack and Teal'c are fishing at the cabin.
                        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                          I'm sorry. I did notice you. I don't know how you got lost.

Here's your Flair dear.

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...dipsofjazz.jpg

Feel better.
                          ((((((((hlndncr)))))))) Thank you so much, and thanks to everyone that wished me Merry Shipmas.

I was feeling very sorry for myself () but I've actually been up and about today. This is the first day I've felt somewhat human lol.

I can't believe I missed Shipmas, as I love our special days and always try to join in. At least I have lots of lovely fics to read, and lots of lovely arts to look at.

(((((Shippers)))))
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            Wow. Seems I'm gonna need to write an extra fluffer-nutter Campfire soon! Hmm.

We're up to The Curse. Which one is that, again? Yeesh.

Nobody was more astonished than I when a fan wrote a while back about how much she loved my "angsty fanfic." I was flummoxed (great word, eh?).

I had no idea I wrote angst! I've been accused of over-saccharine fluffiness, but...angst?

LOL.

It's funny how the writer's and the reader's perception can be so vastly different.
                            LOL. I can compromise with fems by saying that I'll admit your fic isn't the angsty-est fic I've ever read (I'm gunning for that award...eventually...eventually LOL) - but I find your Campfires (particularly the latest ones) to have some incredible angst in them (particularly dealing with BtS - maybe that's just the one that sticks out most in my mind).

But either way - I wasn't trying to start a war >.<

I'll blame it on my poor son waking up and puking his guts out. Puts anyone on edge LOL.

And does that mean we're going to get a new Campfires soon????

Comment

LOL. I can compromise with fems by saying that I'll admit your fic isn't the angsty-est fic I've ever read (I'm gunning for that award...eventually...eventually LOL) - but I find your Campfires (particularly the latest ones) to have some incredible angst in them (particularly dealing with BtS - maybe that's just the one that sticks out most in my mind).

But either way - I wasn't trying to start a war >.<

I'll blame it on my poor son waking up and puking his guts out. Puts anyone on edge LOL.
                              Hmm, I guess I can agree to the compromise now that we've chatted about it

I'll try to be clearer next time or just go to bed at a normal time to prevent my post coming across as snarky. Speaking of which... time to go.

On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Good luck with The Curse; it's the one with Sarah Gardner getting snaked by Osiris and Daniel, Sam and Janet following Steven (and unknowingly Osiris) to Egypt while Jack and Teal'c are fishing at the cabin.

Whoa. That is gonna be a toughie. Okay...hmm.

ON the crazy GOOD side of life:
                                Spoiler:
                                I was really bored last night and went on the fed's "unclaimed property" site. Began bopping around, entering in various relatives names and honestly...hit the freakin' jackpot! In California and Florida, both states in which my grandmother lived (with her creepy, shady second husband). Wowzers. I just submitted both claims and they're a tidy sum.

Couldn't have come at a better time. Seriously. This economy kicked us in the teeth and that, on top of my not teaching last summer and a reduced teaching load this fall (both due to the back surgery and subsequent paralysis) almost cost us to lose the house. This big windfall will save us.

I am utterly in shock right now.

To celebrate:

Edit: did we have to post a pic, fic, or vid to get our flair? I posted a brief "Happy Shipmas," but...
                                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Working...
                                X