Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    yes, i agree, but what is a futuristic flashback?
    I think he was referring to the end of Moebius. Give him a break, Sam had just pitched for Jack. It must have been hard for him to see her happy without him in both timelines.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      I think he was referring to the end of Moebius. Give him a break, Sam had just pitched for Jack. It must have been hard for him to see her happy without him in both timelines.

i was kind of hoping he was talking about a deleted scene, that could have been put back in at some point...
      sally

sigpic

Comment

I thought he was talking about the fishing in "200", but I could be wrong.
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I'll give DD credit for understanding that he played probably the most hated character on Stargate (certainly for us shippers) and taking it with good humor. Really, most of the problems with Pete were not his fault. He wasn't right for the role to begin with (yeah he still came off as immature), but he did his best. I mostly blame the writers and the producers for the whole fiasco.
          And his brother, Peter, for getting him that role. Apparently Peter was doing David a favor by getting him on SG1. Why, I don't know, considering he was sooooo wrong for the role. Not sure anybody would have been right for it, though. Wasn't Joe Flanagan considered for that part? Or was it Ben Browder? Neither of them would have been good in the role either.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
            OMG. I just a wicked awesome idea for a fanfic/daydream.

S/J = LadyHawke

It hit me just now, and it's sending shivers down my spine. For those of you who don't know what LadyHawke is, refer to the Rutger Hauer/Michelle Pfeiffer film of the same name.

Just the visuals I'm getting right are epically mind blowing. And it would be very much epic. Ooooh... That might just have to be my next big Stargate fic. I'm really really tempted...
            OMG YES that would be so awesome, please do it!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            And his brother, Peter, for getting him that role. Apparently Peter was doing David a favor by getting him on SG1. Why, I don't know, considering he was sooooo wrong for the role. Not sure anybody would have been right for it, though. Wasn't Joe Flanagan considered for that part? Or was it Ben Browder? Neither of them would have been good in the role either.
            I don't think anybody would have been good in that role
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I lump PDL in with the producers (I believe he was one at that time).

I believe it was BB who was offered the part. As much as I'm not a fan of the Cam Mitchell character, he so scored holding out for a much better role. However, I think I would have found him far more believable as a boyfriend for Sam. The character was still horribly written, but I could at least see BB as a reasonable alternative to Jack (as a temporary boyfriend, not the leader of SG-1 - that was Sam's place ).

But yessika is right. No one could have saved that role.

Comment

I lump PDL in with the producers (I believe he was one at that time).

I believe it was BB who was offered the part. As much as I'm not a fan of the Cam Mitchell character, he so scored holding out for a much better role. However, I think I would have found him far more believable as a boyfriend for Sam. The character was still horribly written, but I could at least see BB as a reasonable alternative to Jack (as a temporary boyfriend, not the leader of SG-1 - that was Sam's place ).
                Agreed on all accounts.
                sigpic
                The Return of King Arthur
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                  OMG. I just a wicked awesome idea for a fanfic/daydream.
                  S/J = LadyHawke
                  It hit me just now, and it's sending shivers down my spine. For those of you who don't know what LadyHawke is, refer to the Rutger Hauer/Michelle Pfeiffer film of the same name.
                  Just the visuals I'm getting right are epically mind blowing. And it would be very much epic. Ooooh... That might just have to be my next big Stargate fic. I'm really really tempted...
                  The knight: brooding, veiling his emotions, doing what he can to save his lady.
                  The lady: Spunky, brave, and outspoken...defers to the knight, but is capable of making her own decisions.
                  It doesn't help (actually it does) that M.Pfeiffer had her hair in a short cut for that role...and is a tall blonde like AT...

Oooo...does that put Daniel in the M.Broderick role??

EDIT: And the Michelle Pfeiffer thing made me think of Akamaimom's
                  More Team Building Chapter 5 ...read and you'll see why. It's very amusing...
                  Last edited by SaraBahama; 11 December 2011, 08:01 PM.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

It’s 5 Days to Shipmas
                    Look What I Received

Jack: Jacob, what exactly are all these Tok’ra doing around here? And what’s with all the boxes?

Jacob: Nice to see you too, Jack.

Jack: Yeah, yeah, yeah. How you doing? Good to see you again.

Jack: What’s in the boxes?

Jacob: Are you always like this? Because sometimes I really have to wonder how Sam doesn’t just shoot you.

Jack: What can I say? She likes me!

Jacob: So I heard.

Jack: You still haven’t answered my question.

Jacob: They’re presents, Jack. We brought them over before the big Shipmas celebration.

Jack: I didn’t know we had invited the Tok’ra for Shipmas.

Jacob: You didn’t. And I have to say some members of the Tok’ra High Council were extremely put out.

Jack: Oh, darn.

Jacob: Fortunately, Sam let us know about this Secret Santa thing the shippers have done in the past. That smoothed a lot of ruffled feathers. The Tok’ra are very excited about it, maybe even more than the shippers.

Jack: Well, the Tok’ra do love their secrets.

Comment

It’s 5 Days to Shipmas
                      Continued

Jack: So you’re just going to drop these Secret Santa presents off and go, right?

Jacob: Actually, I thought I’d stick around for the party.

Jack: Jacob, you do know what Shipmas is all about?

Jacob: Yes, Jack. I know all about the shippers who want to see you with my daughter.

Jack: And you’re OK with it?

Jacob: I’ll get back to you on that.

Sam: Yeah, this is going to be fun.

Comment

by hlndncr

Comment

Yay Jacob!

Comment

LOL at the picspam story...how nice that Jacob will be joining us! lol.

And the advent graphic is beautiful.
                            sigpic
                            "I didn't leave...because I'd have rather died myself than lose Carter." (Divide and Conquer)
                            My Facebook//My fanfic (LJ)

Comment

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...5/PDVD_460.jpg
                              Jacob: Are you always like this? Because sometimes I really have to wonder how Sam doesn’t just shoot you.
                              *snickers, chortles and guffaws*

Comment

Jacob will be ok with it...eventually

Beautiful art hlndncr!
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X