Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    I'm pretty sure someone's done a vid to this, but if not, can someone? *coughXFChemistcough
    Brandi Carlile's The Story
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x77...ficial-v_music
    I can see it from both POV's.
    Hint*shipmas*hint
    *listens* -Oooo...I second the vote
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      uhm I don't have much time lately (and I'm still exhausted after all the work for my latest Castle vid)...but I'll see what I can do!
      Castle OT
      Spoiler:
      Where do you post Castle vids? I'm a fan of the show but I have yet to see any fan-made vids!

btw, I read Rachel500's story Blessed today. It was awesome! Go read it (if you haven't already!)
      "Jack runs in trouble off world and only Sam can save him."
      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7567320/1/Blessed

Comment

^^ Blessed was a really fun read...
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Lucycat
          OT
          Spoiler:
          just go to youtube and do a search Castle xfchemist and a bunch come up
          sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure someone's done a vid to this, but if not, can someone? *coughXFChemistcough

Brandi Carlile's The Story
            http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x77...ficial-v_music

I can see it from both POV's.

Hint*shipmas*hint
            Absolutely! Just listened to the song. I have never heard of this artist, but I enjoyed the music and the lyrics are perfect.

The Story lyrics (for those who would like them)
            Spoiler:
            All of these lines across my face
            Tell you the story of who I am
            So many stories of where I've been
            And how I got to where I am

But these stories don't mean anything
            When you've got no one to tell them to
            It's true, I was made for you

I climbed across the mountaintops
            Travel across the ocean blue
            I cross over lines and I broke all the rules
            And baby I broke them all for you

Oh because even when I was flat broke
            You made me feel like a million bucks
            You do, I was made for you

You see the smile that's on my mouth
            It's hiding the words that don't come out

All of the friends who think that I'm blessed
            They don't know I'm in this mess

No they don't know who I really am
            And they don't know what I've been through
            Like you do, and I was made for you

All of these lines across my face
            Tell you the story of who I am
            So many stories of where I've been
            And how I got to where I am

Oh but these stories don't mean anything
            When you've got no one to tell them to
            It's true, I was made for you
            Oh yeah, and it's true that I was made for you

The bolded lines really stood out to me.
            sigpic
            I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

^^ Guh!

*glazed eyes as shippy brain kicks in...*
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                ^^ Guh!

*glazed eyes as shippy brain kicks in...*

Your Shippy brain has to kick in? Mine is in drive (sometimes overdrive) all the time.

OT - I'm leaving for California on Friday, will get to meet RDA on Sunday. SQUEE! Pol, are you going to QTF this year?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                  Your Shippy brain has to kick in? Mine is in drive (sometimes overdrive) all the time.

OT - I'm leaving for California on Friday, will get to meet RDA on Sunday. SQUEE! Pol, are you going to QTF this year?
                  Can't. Still can't walk well.
                  Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Can't. Still can't walk well.
                    Aww man. At least you are walking though.

On Topic - I watched Solitudes recently and I can't understand why the tunnel that was formed by the gate opening was in one direction and Sam & Jack were thrown in the other direction, on the other side of the gate. Any insight?
                    sigpic

Comment

ROMANCE OT
                      Spoiler:
                      so a couple weeks ago, i ran into a girl i have not seen in three years. to spare the melodrama, she and i had a falling out and it was not exactly pretty. but when she and i ran into one another, we seem to be okay with one another and the feelings i had for said girl came back to the surface sorta speak and i really don't know what i should do. i mean she has a boyfriend, she wants to marry him and i'm stuck with all these feelings that i had for 6 years. i have tried to move on but she is the only girl that gives me the "butterfiles."

so i could use some advice if you guys won't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                        Castle OT
                        Spoiler:
                        Where do you post Castle vids? I'm a fan of the show but I have yet to see any fan-made vids!

Spoiler:
                        I have 2 different YT accounts. You can find my Castle vids here: http://www.youtube.com/user/XFchemist1?gl=US&hl=en
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                          Me too!

That's amazing! Have fun!
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            ROMANCE OT
                            Spoiler:
                            so a couple weeks ago, i ran into a girl i have not seen in three years. to spare the melodrama, she and i had a falling out and it was not exactly pretty. but when she and i ran into one another, we seem to be okay with one another and the feelings i had for said girl came back to the surface sorta speak and i really don't know what i should do. i mean she has a boyfriend, she wants to marry him and i'm stuck with all these feelings that i had for 6 years. i have tried to move on but she is the only girl that gives me the "butterfiles."

My advice:

Spoiler:
                            Are you sure your feelings for her are real and strong enough to start a relationship (if she reciprocates them)? Not just coming back to the surface now because you bumped into each other and are reminded of how you used to feel when you were with her? If you're really sure about this, I'd tell her if I were you, unless it's highly unlikely you're going to spend more time together and this was just a coincidental run-in. Just be careful and don't get your expectations up too high if she's happy and ready to marry this new guy.
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              ROMANCE OT
                              Spoiler:

OT Advice:

Spoiler:
                              I have to disagree with fems. It's not fair for you to put your baggage on her. It sounds like she's happy and has moved on. If you care for her you will too. If she were single I would say tell her. But in this circumstance you are both better off just being her friend, and if you can't do that then you shouldn't spend time with her. Otherwise, you're just setting yourself up for a world of hurt.

But you can use your feelings for this girl to learn something about yourself. What is it about her that you like so much? What qualities does she have that you would look for in a partner? And be honest and ask yourself what qualities you might not like. After all you did have a falling out so there must have been some things that were less than perfect.

There are lots of great girls out there. Don't narrow your horizons by fixing on this one girl who is out of reach. Take what you've learned about yourself from this experience and find someone you can build a satisfying relationship with.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                OT Advice:

Spoiler:
                                I have to disagree with fems. It's not fair for you to put your baggage on her. It sounds like she's happy and has moved on. If you care for her you will too. If she were single I would say tell her. But in this circumstance you are both better off just being her friend, and if you can't do that then you shouldn't spend time with her. Otherwise, you're just setting yourself up for a world of hurt.

But you can use your feelings for this girl to learn something about yourself. What is it about her that you like so much? What qualities does she have that you would look for in a partner? And be honest and ask yourself what qualities you might not like. After all you did have a falling out so there must have been some things that were less than perfect.

There are lots of great girls out there. Don't narrow your horizons by fixing on this one girl who is out of reach. Take what you've learned about yourself from this experience and find someone you can build a satisfying relationship with.
                                Romance OT
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm going to echo hlndncr here and add this - stop listening to romantic comedies. Butterflies are a chemical reaction that will fade away within a period of time. I didn't feel butterflies about my husband and we've been happily married for six years. Seriously. Just, let her be and go find a woman who's a) single b) meets what you want in a woman. Let her inner beauty be what makes you fall in love. What you're feeling isn't love, m'dear. It's attraction. It's anticipation. It's "what-ifs" - it's not the real stuff. The real love? That comes when you live through fire together.

That's what you base love on because if you base it on butterflies, you will flit around from relationship to relationship wondering why the magic fades. Let her go. There are tons of girls - why don't you focus on making yourself the best guy you can be and look at the girls around you that maybe you've been passing up because you've been searching for butterflies.

Comment

Working...
                                X