X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I threw together in honor of the day:

sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
      Well, with it being THANKSGIVING here in the States, want to say that one of the things I am thankful for is our ship and the the wonderful community here at Gateworld. It's lovely having a happy place to visit and share all things shippy.
      Amen!

All my cooking is done and I'm off to eat myself into a coma. Watch a movie (Muppets!!!!) and then eat some more.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

{{Huggles Shippers}}

Comment

nice photos - looks as if it were a lovely wedding.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
          Something I threw together in honor of the day:

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...Samfishing.jpg
          Beautiful, SaraB!

Comment

Or how about role-reversal, Jack is demoted to Colonel and she is the General and he has to call her "Sir" Okay, into the gutter we go! *splash*
            Darn! And I was trying so hard to not suggest anything gutter-y ...... not.

And, Lady Eliza - wonderful wedding photos. Congratulations and thank you for sharing them.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              Amen!

All my cooking is done and I'm off to eat myself into a coma. Watch a movie (Muppets!!!!) and then eat some more.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

{{Huggles Shippers}}
              Enjoy! I want to see the new Muppet movie, so let me know how it is! Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady eliza View Post
                OT- wedding photos. First 50
                Congrats, eliza!
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    nice photos - looks as if it were a lovely wedding.
                    Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    And, Lady Eliza - wonderful wedding photos. Congratulations and thank you for sharing them.
                    Congrats, eliza!
                    Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                    Congrats!
                    Thank you, it was fantastic. Happy thanksgiving everyone.
                    sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
                    My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
                    http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
                    Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Nynaeve: I love hearing you talk about your own early work as compared to your more recent pieces and seeing the growth and change -I breathe a sigh of relief and keep plugging along, knowing that the exercise will produce improvement in my work.
                      I'm always blown away that anyone would compare their stuff to my stuff (I spend most my time in awe of Pol and I'm about one flail away from being a fangurl). Also I'm blown away because I'm sitting here in my PJs as I try to finish NaNo (really less than 7k away LESS THAN 7k!!?! And since we're not doing anything I'm spending ALL DAY writing on it. I kinda want to win tomorrow LOL). I think somewhere in my head, I still think I'm this 14 year-old girl writing really bad fanfiction that breaks every rule I have since imposed on myself. EDIT - also some of my really early S/J, I've since pulled from around the web. It might be floating around, but really, it'll just make you cringe. I promise.

But I love fanfiction. I really do - I love writing it because it's a great way to participate in a fandom and it's a great way to practice writing ^^ (JenniferJF recently said that she was struggling with her original work and that she had to think of it as reality based fanfiction - original author God.)

But on an S/J note...

Comment

I like most all S/J fic as long as there is a happy ending. I don't like fics where one of them dies (permanently!). I don't like fics were Sam marries Pete (*shudder*). Even if she "comes to her senses" and gets with Jack. I don't like fics when Jack is overly-romantic and lovey-dovey, when they call each other cutesy pet-name like "darling" unless they are being facetious. I also don't like when our All-American heroes use British/Australian slang.
                        Cute pet names really turn me off a fic! Their use suggests to me that the author really doesn't understand the characters.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

I've read numerous stories by writers from England or other places where calling a husband or wife "love" is common, and so that's what the writers use in their stories between Sam and Jack. I find it distracting, but when I know who is writing it, I can overlook it usually.
                        Originally posted by fems View Post
                        I've come across a few authors who basically always use "lover" or "love" as pet names, which I find very annoying because I just don't see Jack or Sam call the other that. Or any pet name really, with the exception of "Carter". Don't like "babe" much either, but it's possible that it's because I associate that with Pete (although I honestly can't recall if that's actual canon or just fanon).
                        I'm English and if I was ever going to write a fic, I wouldn't dream of having the characters use English terms like "love". The odd slip in descriptive language doesn't put me off a fic, but in speech it would. There's no way anyone who has watched the show and understood the characters could have Jack or Sam referring to the other as "love". I think if you're written established characters, they have to be in character and to be in character they have to speak like Americans!
                        The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Just dropping by to say happy thanksgiving!
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Well. First -

and second...

I just hit 50k for NaNoWriMo and I was hoping maybe someone could post some happy, fluffy pictures in celebration???

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                              No, because that could mean all novels could be considered canon. I'd rather live without confirmation than consider a novel canon. But maybe that's also because without real confirmation fanfic writers can give it their own twist while remaining mostly in canon throughout their fics.
                              so you'd turn down *confirmation* so you could come up with your own twist on it? can't you still do that anyways, if you don't like the way the ptb did it? (i do this all the time, with coming up with my own sam-dumps-pete scenarios)

my expectations on the confirmation used to be pretty high, now all i care about is it being revealed through visual or dialog that they're together.

the only way i'd *not* like canon novels is if they had sam and jack apart. but if the novels went for confirmation, bring it on!!!
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                                Well. First -

and second...

I just hit 50k for NaNoWriMo and I was hoping maybe someone could post some happy, fluffy pictures in celebration???
                                Does this count:

or maybe this:

Comment

Working...
                                X