X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FISHING (6)

vs.

"ALWAYS" (5)

This was a tough one, but I have to go with "always" because it was so heartfelt and RDA delivered it perfectly. I don't know if without that promise there would have been any fishing... it also means that even without the fishing, he'll always be there for her.

Luckily for all of us (and Sam) there actually was fishing!
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      Yeah, they don't dub here; we use subtitles. But even then things are missed and often jokes aren't translated well (or literally) and references/shout outs are missed Out of habit I don't read the subtitles and just listen to what is said, it's not like it takes extra effort. If I want to hear my native language I'll watch the news or talk to friends and family

I also come from Sweden but I look at English but not the subtitled, because it is so much better! They have the ability to shorten and modify a huge irritant way. but it's not a disadvantage that my English is getting better and in Sweden hard with us to learn how to , write and speak English. I'm pretty bad to be fifteen, so it is only good for me.
      Last edited by Endy; 16 November 2011, 10:19 PM.
      If you always expect the worst you get only good news

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        EDIT: Fishing (for me) means more than the physical. It pretty much covers everything else. The always. The being together. The doing nothing that Jack likes so much. He finally gets to show Sam how to relax. The sharing of everything with each other.
        This was a tough one, but I have to go with "always" because it was so heartfelt and RDA delivered it perfectly. I don't know if without that promise there would have been any fishing... it also means that even without the fishing, he'll always be there for her.
        GAH!!!!!!!

Beautifully said...both of you. *mutters incoherently & wanders out of thread to think*
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
          GAH!!!!!!!

Beautifully said...both of you. *mutters incoherently & wanders out of thread to think*
          *lobbies hard for Fishing*
          You know, it's really not the fish, it's the company you keep while you do it. For Sam and Jack, it's spending the rest of their lives together.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            You know, it's really not the fish, it's the company you keep while you do it. For Sam and Jack, it's spending the rest of their lives together.
            Evil, evil Fluffy!! Sit...stay...STOP LOOKIN SO CUTE!!
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              Thus making ALWAYS more important. Because every Tom, Dick and Harry can fish. Being committed enough to be willing to pledge ALWAYS is way more important!
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

gotta love the lobbyists!
                sigpic

Comment

I know a lot of you read fics and some of you write them too, so I was wondering if some of you could help me out with a summary for my next fic since I've been trying to pick one for the last 6 hours or so.
                  Thanks in advance!
                  Woo-hoo, new fic!! Looking forward to it, Fems!

Comment

30 mins to go...if I don't do this now, I'm going to get distracted and miss my chance...

so...

The Best of the Ship is . . .

FISHING (6)

vs.

"ALWAYS" (6)

This was SO difficult! I'm still not sure I'm making the right choice...the two go hand in hand. BUT: I'm going with 'Always':
                    1) Because I'm evil and want to tie the game.
                    2) "Always" is the promise of forever...
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Lobbyists ALWAYS get what they want
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

FISHING (6)

vs.

"ALWAYS" (7)

My vote goes to ALWAYS

Comment

Wonder if hlndncr will be kept @ work til 1am again??

Lucy -nice tie-breaker
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                            Wonder if hlndncr will be kept @ work til 1am again??

Lucy -nice tie-breaker
                            Yep!

Still at work. Will be home sometime around 1 am. Hopefully, the internet in my house is working again.

Back to the naquadah mines!

Comment

I chose Fishing because even though you can feel the warmth in the way Jack says the word Always, his promise to Sam that he is committed to her forever...I find more meaning and depth in the actual showing her that he honestly means that word. It's one thing to say it, but it's another to show it, to prove it. I can hear the love in your voice, Jack, now show me that love...hence, the Fishing.
                              sigpic
                              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

FISHING (6)

vs.

"ALWAYS" (7)

Right now I'm tempted to vote for fishing. But because I'm exhausted and need to get to bed I'm giving you another 24 hours to duke it out. So gather up your friends and supporters and get them to vote.

I'll be back tomorrow night (or morning or whatever it is).

Comment

Working...
                                X