• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best of the Ship is ...

"C'mere" (1)

vs.

"Always" (9)

I've always gone with always. I was very impressed and touched by this scene the first time I watched it (back then in German) and it's still one of my very favourites.

But I'd better vote for "C'mere", maybe then I won't have to decide between Always and Fishing.
    sigpic

Comment

"C'mere" (1)

vs.

"Always" (10)

"Always" is a promise for the future.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post

"C'mere" (1)

vs.

"Always" (9)

I've always gone with always. I was very impressed and touched by this scene the first time I watched it (back then in German) and it's still one of my very favourites.

But I'd better vote for "C'mere", maybe then I won't have to decide between Always and Fishing.
        It's dubbed though in Germany right?
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          It's dubbed though in Germany right?
          Yes, it is. And now, while watching it in English, the translation seems to be ok, in contrast to SGU, where I stopped watching German after three eps because the translation was so bad sometimes.
          sigpic

Comment

"C'mere" (1)

vs.

"Always" (11)

sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

"C'mere" (1)

vs.

"Always" (12)

For the same reasons everyone else has used. It means he'll be there for her forever, no matter what decisions she makes about her life.
              The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                Yes, it is. And now, while watching it in English, the translation seems to be ok, in contrast to SGU, where I stopped watching German after three eps because the translation was so bad sometimes.
                Oy, that would really ruin it, I guess! I don't like dubbed versions, because it never fits with what their mouths are saying and the voices never seem to match the actors, nor do their intonations always come across as genuine/good as the real actors'.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

"C'mere" (1)

vs.

"Always" (13)

Love all the C'meres we got, it literally kept us shippers sane because it was voluntary physical contact between them but Always gets my vote. Like everyone said, it means he'll never leave her, but will be there always.

Sara!!!!

Congratulations Captain.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

"C'mere" (1)

vs.

"Always" (14)

Because Always is forever while C'mere is just a moment.
                    sigpic

Comment

OT:
                      Spoiler:

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

"C'mere" (2)

vs.

"Always" (14)

I'm going with C'mere because I liked how trin put it, voluntary physical contact. Sweet! And Jack did say C'mere before he promised Always. So really they are a package deal.

So now I need to update you on what's going on. I'm going to be working ridiculously late tonight (like midnight) and perhaps for the rest of the week.

I'll post the final show down when I have a moment on my own computer. Borrowing a work computer now and can't stay on long.

So you'll all just have to stew about the big contest for a while.

Comment

"C'mere" (3)

vs.

"Always" (14)

I'm going with C'mere to give it some love

Comment

"C'mere" (3)

vs.

"Always" (14)

Updating the count because Lucy's post must have crossed in cyberspace with my own.

Comment

You beat me to my edit!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                                You beat me to my edit!
                                It's like we're both obsessed by the same thing! ()

Comment

Working...
                                X