• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best of the Ship is . . .

“What about you? If things had been different . . .”
    “I wouldn’t be here.” (6)

vs.

Side Arms and Giggling (11)

I love the fluff! Besides, hlndncr didn't specify just Solitudes. There are other examples of sidearms and giggles. Most notable of the sidearm category is from "It's Good to be the King" when Sam automatically draws Jack's sidearm when they are surrounded by the locals. Shows how in-sync they are in the field, and Sam's hand is on Jack's thigh! (*gutter splash!*) Another giggle scene I like is when she and Jack are eating jello in the commissary. Don' remember the episode title, but in the scene they are playfully flirting under the guise of talking about the new recruits. Fluff Fluff Fluff!!

Comment

All righty shippers! I need your help... I'm prepping a vid for shipsgiving (don't worry, SaraB it's a different vid ) and I need some FUN S/J moments.

By FUN, I mean sly looks, little smiles, big smiles, hugs, and all that good stuff... I don't need any angsty stuff for this vid-- that's all taken care of. This is just fun moments between our two favorite people.

Now, normally I could work it out all on my own, but I just got a new job so I'm totally swamped. So if y'all just spout off episode titles you think might work (or even precise scenes, if you're feeling industrious ), that would cut down on my work considerably, since I wouldnt have to comb through every episode on my own...

If you don't want to flood the thread with suggestions, feel free to leave me a VM, PM, or whatnot.

Disclaimer: I may not be able to use every suggestion. Unfortunately, there's only so much music to use per song. But odds are I'll be able to us the excess in another vid later on!

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post

“I wouldn’t be here.” (6)

vs.

I love the fluff! Besides, hlndncr didn't specify just Solitudes. There are other examples of sidearms and giggles. Most notable of the sidearm category is from "It's Good to be the King" when Sam automatically draws Jack's sidearm when they are surrounded by the locals. Shows how in-sync they are in the field, and Sam's hand is on Jack's thigh! (*gutter splash!*) Another giggle scene I like is when she and Jack are eating jello in the commissary. Don' remember the episode title, but in the scene they are playfully flirting under the guise of talking about the new recruits. Fluff Fluff Fluff!!
        Isn't that Proving Ground? Gonna use it, btw!

Comment

Selene -
          Flirty looks/grins

Proving Ground (S5)
          The Light (S4)
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
            All righty shippers! I need your help... I'm prepping a vid for shipsgiving (don't worry, SaraB it's a different vid ) and I need some FUN S/J moments.

By FUN, I mean sly looks, little smiles, big smiles, hugs, and all that good stuff... I don't need any angsty stuff for this vid-- that's all taken care of. This is just fun moments between our two favorite people.
            Smiles/grins from both of them during the fishing invites in Nemesis/Small Victories.
            Sam's big grin in Forsaken when Jack comes up to the telescope and asks what she sees and she says they can't see anything during the daylight.
            Jack's look of appreciation of Sam wearing the blue dress in Emancipation.
            The cute looks between the two of them in "Prometheus" when discussing whether the ship should be named Enterprise.
            The look on Jack's face at the end of "Window of Opportunity" when he's thinking about what he did in the time loop
            The shared look in "The Warrior" after Jack tells Sam to demonstrate the use of the P90 and after she does so.
            The shared look at the end of "Evolution" when Jack says "lunch", and they walk off together. I was sure Sam was about to deliberately bump his shoulder as they walked off.
            The really cute look on Jack's face in "Red Sky" when he correctly describes something about how the wormhole works, and he's totally delighted with himself over it.

Comment

“I wouldn’t be here.” (7)

vs.

Becaue I love angst and it's been that kind of day.

The WINNER is Side Arms and Giggling.

Comment

Grabbing each other in the SGC Corridors (Sacrifices)

vs.

Lost City (S7Ep21/22)

Comment

Another toughie...

vs.

sigpic

Comment

vs.

Lost City (S7Ep21/22) (1)

Considering when I first read the first option, I thought y'all were talking about the scene on Hathor's ship, and I don't even remember Sacrifices, I have to go with Lost City.

It's angsty, it's epic. Sam calls him Jack, Jack says "I know"... It pretty much sums up all the angst and longing and uncertainty that has filled their relationship the entire series. And the expression on Sam's face at the very end, when Jack is put in stasis just gets me every time. It's that moment where she realized that they might've waited too long-- that they'd put off what they wanted for too long, and now they might not ever get the chance to *really* tell each other how they feel, without having to dance around the words, or worry about the consequences.

Ack. Tearing up just by thinking about it! Yup. Lost City gets my vote.

Thanks, hedwig, for the episodes. Already got em churning onto my PC .

Comment

vs.

Lost City (S7Ep21/22) (2)

I've got to go with the angst fest that is Lost City. There's the conversation at Jack's house, the force field scene, the scene where Jack is in stasis and Sam has that look *angsty sigh*
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

vs.

Lost City (S7Ep21/22) (3)

Because "Jack"

*sigh*

Comment

vs.

Lost City (S7Ep21/22) (4)

The conversation at Jack's house...the non-conversation on the tel'tak...the "I know"...tearing up and placing a hand on the stasis chamber...

...aaaand #1 in my decision: "Please...Jack!"

selene -the wonderful look during the wormhole/apple discussion on 'A Matter of Time'!! ...and I agree with hedwig on the 'Evolution' thing "lunch?" and Carter leaves with him -a swing in her step...it would have been so natural to have her shoulder-bump him...lol.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post

Now, normally I could work it out all on my own, but I just got a new job so I'm totally swamped. So if y'all just spout off episode titles you think might work (or even precise scenes, if you're feeling industrious ), that would cut down on my work considerably, since I wouldnt have to comb through every episode on my own...

If you don't want to flood the thread with suggestions, feel free to leave me a VM, PM, or whatnot.

Disclaimer: I may not be able to use every suggestion. Unfortunately, there's only so much music to use per song. But odds are I'll be able to us the excess in another vid later on!

Thanks in advance!
                            We sure don't want to flood this thread with fluffy shippy moments, right shippers? LOL! Just kidding with you Selene.

Here's a few that I've used in my vids: (I can dig up some more if you want, just say the word.)

S01 - Solitudes - Jack remarking that the cavern they are in could be "just like home."

S05 - Rite of Passage - In the briefing room with Hammond, Sam is sitting behind Jack as he's explaining his theory about how Cassandra could levitate the chess piece. I love that scene because of his hand motions and Sam's expression.

S08 - Avatar - At the beginning when Teal'c comes out of the game and Sam and Jack are standing side-by-side. Lots of cuteness there.
                            JACK: How was it? Was it fun?
                            TEAL'C: Indeed. You died well in battle, O'Neill.
                            (squeeable S/J shippy looks and expressions ensue)
                            JACK: Obviously there's something defective with this thing.
                            And the scene continues on with several more shippy tidbits.

Which makes me think of...
                            S03 - Learning Curve - When Merrin is in the infirmary, Sam and Jack are standing side-by-side.
                            MERRIN: (speaking to Jack) You aren't a scientist?
                            JACK: (proudly) Oh no.
                            MERRIN: Then you are not as smart as Major Carter and Dr. Fraiser.
                            (squeeable S/J shippy looks and expressions ensue)
                            (BTW, the dad of the boy that Teal'c got attached to was a lab technician in Avatar. I just think it's cool that, of all the episodes, he's in those two.)

S07 - Evolution, Part 2 - Hedwig mentioned the ending "lunch" scene already, but there's also one shot looking at Sam over Jack's shoulder where Jack does a little bouncy-bounce. Very cute!

S01 - Singularity - At the end, in the park.

S03 - Point of View - Sam and Jack talking in the hallway outside of Alt-Sam's room.

S06 - Prophecy - Several good shots scattered throughout, but especially at the end in the infirmary talking to Jonas, Sam and Jack are, again, side-by-side and oozing shippiness.

S03 - Urgo - In the control room, looking at the MALP transmission from Urgo's planet, Urgo announces that Jack was thinking about "big beaches and the little bikinis" and Sam turns to look at Jack and he desperately shakes his head, trying to deny it. Then later, talking to Togar, they're standing side-by-side.

S06 - Redemption, Part ?? - I can't remember where but they are talking to Hammond and McKay, standing side-by-side. There's one or two smile/reactions there.

S08 - Sacrifices - Walking in the hallway and the ladies pass by. Jack watches them and Sam, nonchalantly, grabs him and turns him back in the direction they are walking.

S02 - Secrets - When they enter the party (or whatever it's called). They are on the stairs and Jack is snapping his fingers and Sam laughs.

S03 - Past and Present - Jack comes into Sam's lab and she tells him she thinks Ke'ra is Linea.

S02 - A Matter of Time - The wormhole/apple discussion.

S08 - Zero Hour - Near the end, when they meet in the hallway. Several sweet looks and smiles there. I especially love when he starts to walk away and she pulls him back. SQUEE! And if you're vidding it you can slow it down for extra SQUEEE-ness!

S01 - Emancipation - The dress scene, but that one is pretty tough to use in vidding. There's also the fireside chat, if you don't mind Daniel in the shots with Jack.

S04 - Window of Opportunity - After the kiss, when she's really uncomfortable from him staring at her. Also a couple of looks at the end, during the "oatmeal" scene.

S07 - Grace - (dodges tomatoes) The infirmary scene at the end has some really sweet smiles.

S06 - Full Circle - The wedding invitation discussion, if you don't mind Skaara in the shots with Sam.

S07 - Chimera - (more tomatoes, aaaah!) In the elevator when Jack mentions quarks.

S01 - Children of the Gods - Tasting the moonshine!

S01 - The Broca Divide - In the briefing room, Sam's reactions to the things Jack says.

S03 - Jolinar's Memories - At the very beginning in the control room when the GDO is indicating the Tok'ra and Jack says "Maybe it's dad."

S04 - Beneath the Surface - A couple of smiling scenes and then the scene where she has her head on his shoulder and he makes her giggle. Plus there's one really awesomely shippy look she gives him...
                            (She snuggles closer to him, laying her head on his shoulder.)
                            Sam/Thera: You know there are things about this place that I like.
                            Jack/Jonah: Really?
                            (She looks up at him, smiling, and he inhales deeply, realizing what she means.)
                            SQUEEEEEE!

S01 - Brief Candle - Jack is munching on the cake that's "just for him" and Sam teases him.

S04 - Exodus - When Sam is preparing to send the gate out...
                            JACK: Somethin' wrong?
                            SAM: No! I've just never blown up a star before.
                            JACK: Well they say the first one's always the hardest.
                            (Sam gives him a look and he tries to act all innocent.)
                            JACK: (embarrassed) They say that.
                            (Sam smiles)

S04 - The Serpent's Venom - During the long trip, Jack (sitting near Sam, of course) is horribly bored and he asks if she understands what she's reading. She looks at him and says “It's all Phoenician to me, sir," smiles and goes back to reading. Jack makes a pouty face at her.

Last edited by UhSir; 24 October 2011, 08:30 PM.

Comment

vs.

Lost City (S7Ep21/22) (5)

Angst, angst, angst, angst, angst, I just *love* the angst!!!
                              sigpic
                              The Return of King Arthur
                              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Okay, so I'm confused about what this "Best of the Ship" voting is all about? I'm way, way, WAY behind on it so should I bother? I'm guessing there's no going back voting, right?

Anyhoo, I wanted to let you all know that I made some huge overhauls to my Sam/Jack videos. I "cleaned up" the older ones with their yucky letterboxing and varying aspects and made them all proper-like. More details plus links to everything at this LiveJournal post.

Comment

Working...
                                X