• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best of the Ship is . . .
    The Heroes Hug (4)

vs.

Divide & Conquer (S4Ep5) (2)

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post

Definitely a toughie. But the Heroes hug wins in my book because it's not tainted by Tok'ra Barbie. Seriously. Plus, D&C was a forced confession, so to speak, revealed under duress...

I have to go with D&C. The whole episode was angsty; Martouf dying, Jack being willing to sacrifice himself for Sam, the forced confession to save themselves etc. I never really had a problem with Tok'ra Barbie the way some people did. Granted she was annoyingly unconcerned for the subjects of her experiments but I've never understood the hatred some people have for the character. I can see why the skimpy clothing upset people - the show had (at that point ) not really gone down the stereotypical scifi female road, but Anise as a character wasn't all that bad. There were a lot worse things written in the later seasons!

The hug in Heroes was lovely, but D&C gets my vote in this instance.
    The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

The Heroes Hug (5)

vs.

I go with the Heroes Hug. For me it shows how much they need each other.
      sigpic

Comment

The Heroes Hug (6)

vs.

While I love D&C (and still have trouble appreciating the beauty Heroes because of Janet Fraiser's death), the hug in Heroes was one that Sam basically initiated simply because she needed Jack after losing her best friend and reaffirming herself that he was still there and cared for her. Perhaps I would have felt different if we'd seen Sam's side of the 'confession' in D&C...
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

The Heroes Hug (6)
          Vs.
          Divide and Conquer (3)

This was seriously a tough choice! Whenever I watch Heroes, I find myself rewinding that hug over and over. But with D&C, I can watch that whole episode over and over. Jack sacrificing himself for Sam, the flashbacks of his distress behind the forcefield, and the confession of his strong feelings for Sam... It's just a wonderful episode in so many ways!!
          sigpic

I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, green and strong! He made me love him without looking at me. - Jane Eyre

Comment

The Best of the Ship is...
            The Heroes Hug (6)
            Vs.
            Divide and Conquer (4)

There are so many reasons why I pick Divide and Conquer: the angst, the sacrifice, the confession... It is one of my favorite episodes of SG-1 and tied in first place (with Threads) as my favorite shippy episode
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              '

Out of Mind had the whole jack having his arms around sam and his hand over her mouth. Into the fire had the hug after he killed hathor.
              It's a two parter--I always identify those by the same name. Usually it's whichever of the two names that I can remember. Regardless, it's in that story arc where the light bulbs went off.

I think that the "hand over the mouth" moment is more intimate than the post-frozen hug, anyway. It's sexy. The hug is more frantic and needed--but to me it's always been comforting rather than awkward in a "Wow--you're a guy and so close and so big and strong and I've never noticed that before. . ." or "Wow--this chick is soft in all the right places and how long can I get away with holding her this way?" way.
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                It's a two parter--I always identify those by the same name. Usually it's whichever of the two names that I can remember. Regardless, it's in that story arc where the light bulbs went off.

I think that the "hand over the mouth" moment is more intimate than the post-frozen hug, anyway. It's sexy. The hug is more frantic and needed--but to me it's always been comforting rather than awkward in a "Wow--you're a guy and so close and so big and strong and I've never noticed that before. . ." or "Wow--this chick is soft in all the right places and how long can I get away with holding her this way?" way.
                true very true. you make a valid point.

Comment

The Heroes Hug (6)
                  Vs.
                  Divide and Conquer (5)

This is when our ship was finally confirmed.
                  sigpic

Comment

Anyone still making SJ vids? There's a song out there that cries out for a vid: Cinema

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

The Heroes Hug (6)

Vs.

Divide and Conquer (6)

Okay, I've spent my time thinking it over and I have to go with D&C. There's just so much going on here: "Something neither one of us can admit, given our working relationship, our military ranks...." "Oh! (Pause) Oh, that."
                      It just confirms it all.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        Anyone still making SJ vids? There's a song out there that cries out for a vid: Cinema

Seaboe
                        I'm making an SJ vid! Vid challenge from SaraB was officially taken... It's almost done, so maybe after I could take a shot at this one

Comment

The Heroes Hug (7)

Vs.

Divide and Conquer (6)

If there's a such thing as a freaking hot hug, Heroes has it. :: fans self ::

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                            It was "Into the Fire" when they're all cozied up in the hall with his arms around her and his hand over her mouth. I believe that's where I heard on the director's commentary that the light bulbs went off.
                            There was also mention (I think in the commentary) about Jack eying up Sam's naked back in Out of Mind, I think it was said the lingering looks were RDA's idea (or maybe he just wanted an excuse to check out AT's freckles)

Comment

I just realized that it's exactly ONE MONTH until Shipsgiving! Not much time to get your fics, pics, and tricks ready!

sigpic

Comment

The Heroes Hug (7)

Vs.

Divide and Conquer (7)

Looks like I'm tying up the vote! Initially I thought to vote for Heroes Hug because of "C'mere" and the neck nuzzle, but Divide and Conquer has much more ship, with the longing looks, Jack's sacrifice, their confessions of feelings and the angst. We got to see what really happened during "Upgrades", with that wonderful look shared between the force-field.

Comment

Working...
                                X