Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    I watched it when it originally aired and I'm in your group
    Sheesh, fine! Throw a wrench in my logic, why don't yah! JK. Good on yah for watching it on air. I wish I had. But alas, I was a year or so too late. Heheheh...

I should have said: Everyone I've met in person, who's in my age group, watched it too late for it to be on the air. Though... now that I think about it, that's a very narrow census, so to speak. *sigh* ...never mind!

Comment

Interesting discussion about demographic...

I'll be 29 towards the end of this month

My husband introduced me to the show when we were dating (I was 22) - the show as still technically airing, but we didn't have cable, so until Hulu and SyFy Rewind, I didn't get to watch it regularly. SGU was the first that I watched from start to finish (so sad).

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
        Pictured you closer to MY age! I always love seeing the span of demographics for a fandom. It blows my mind. And makes me feel incredibly humble... Though I've noticed on this forum that a good indicator of age is how a person got into Stargate. Those who watched in on TV when it originally aired tend to be in a different age group from me-- whereas I got into it via reruns and DVDs.
        Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
        Sheesh, fine! Throw a wrench in my logic, why don't yah! JK. Good on yah for watching it on air. I wish I had. But alas, I was a year or so too late. Heheheh...
        I should have said: Everyone I've met in person, who's in my age group, watched it too late for it to be on the air. Though... now that I think about it, that's a very narrow census, so to speak. *sigh* ...never mind!
        Hubs and I share a mutual attraction...um...to the show
        Like Nynaeve, we missed the original airing due to lack 'o cable. We caught reruns on networks in early 2000's, and did the complete watch via Netflix this year.

The demographic is VERY interesting...apparently SG1 (and the love of the ship) brings us all together! What a lovely thought...

I am amazed, btw, that we have such young authors who write so passionately, and with such maturity. Kudos.

...and we have seasoned authors who have never lost their passion for S/J -and they inspire us and light the way forward...

Waxing philosophical again...sorry.

Keep writing! ALL of you!!
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I need some opinions for background research on Cassie Fraiser:

If she did a Biochemistry degree (Bachelor's)...could she use that to move on to a Virology or Epidemiology Masters and/or PhD?

I like the idea that she moved to Washington to do her Masters (possibly @ UMD?)...to be closer to Jack when Sam took command of Atlantis.
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

If she did a Biochemistry degree (Bachelor's)...could she use that to move on to a Virology or Epidemiology Masters and/or PhD?

I like the idea that she moved to Washington to do her Masters (possibly @ UMD?)...to be closer to Jack when Sam took command of Atlantis.
            I don't know the answer, but I know when I was researching potential grad degrees, if you look up the university they'll usually list the requirements somewhere.

I wish we would have heard more from Cass later on. Does she do Christmas with Jack and Sam? Does she go through hours of therapy? I know there's fic, but this is more a brain thought than "I want to read fic about Cassie" thought...

Comment

It would probably depend on what topics she covered as an undergrad, what the specifics of the PhD were, what the program requirements were and how much she impressed her potential supervisor/interview panel.
              The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                I don't know the answer, but I know when I was researching potential grad degrees, if you look up the university they'll usually list the requirements somewhere.
                I wish we would have heard more from Cass later on. Does she do Christmas with Jack and Sam? Does she go through hours of therapy? I know there's fic, but this is more a brain thought than "I want to read fic about Cassie" thought...
                Thanks -I checked on UMD, but ths site wasn't producing the requirements for me -but I have been known to be computer-challenged. I'll keep looking.

Cass -I can't see how she could have avoided therapy. Sole-survivor syndrome x10 (or x1000), then to lose Janet the way she did. I would think that a good therapist and the support of people who love her unconditionally (Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c...and others) would have gotten her through it.

I picture Sam and Jack stepping into that 'parental' role in her life (or if you don't care for the idea of parental, then that really cool aunt & uncle) after Janet was killed, and that her life would orbit theirs in the same way any of ours does with our parents: holidays spent with them (when possible); frequent phone calls.
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

i've just finished a lovely story of sam and jack being marooned on a planet. lovely way to pass the time until sanctuary's season premier.

for whoever recced 'living on the edge' by traycer, thank you!
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Lt. Col. John!

Another brilliant Mala creation.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/RDAAT_SGUportraitMala.jpg
                      Another brilliant Mala creation.[/center]
                      How does she DO THAT?? Lovely. *stares dreamily*

...snurched it for later...k??
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

How does she DO THAT?? Lovely. *stares dreamily*

...snurched it for later...k??
                        hey trust me, i wanna know to. definitely on my top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          Happy Birthday LtColonelJohnSheppard!
                          Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
                          What she said^!
                          Have a great day (and don't forget the cake!)
                          Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                          Happy Birthday!
                          Don't worry, I tend to forget my friends' birthdays all the time
                          Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                          Happy Birthday to everyone who's celebrating!
                          Originally posted by yessika View Post
                          Happy birthday Lucycat and Lt.Colonel John Sheppard!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LCJS!!

...either you've been REALLY busy, or you are REALLY blocking it out
                          Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                          HAPPY BIRTHDAY John Shep!!
                          Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                          Happy Birthday Lt. Col. John! http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...rtraitMala.jpg
                          Another brilliant Mala creation.
                          Thanks for all the Birthday wishes guys. hlndncr loved that pic you posted. that was just awesome.

Comment

Birthday Gifts
                            Spoiler:
                            due to me having all of the SG-1 and atlantis and universe's DVDs my parents decided to get me hooked on NCIS and they brought me the first SIX seasons. Gotta love those parents. i got three seasons from my dad and step mom and the other three from my mom.

so not only do i have to watch SG-1 rewatch i got nearly 100 plus episodes to watch of a different show.

Comment

Oh, you will enjoy...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                Oh, you will enjoy...
                                i hope so. is it anything like SG-1? you know the family like atmosphere of the team and all that jazz?

Comment

Working...
                                X