Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    She's stated on commentaries that she is of the mindset that Magnus has had a dalliance with Amelia Earhart (hence my use of dalliance in earlier/other posts involving Magnus love interests). And I believe at various conventions that she thinks Magnus would have gotten bored with just men for 160 yrs.

It's never been confirmed or denied on the show itself, but AT has implied that it's a part of how she approaches the character. Good enough for me!
    very interesting. it's very interesting that amanda said that. i mean not to sound like your typical red-blooded male but to sound like your typical red-blooded american male. i wouldn't mind seeing a little girl on girl action on sanctuary.

Comment

I most often hear/see "Magnett" but to me it makes more sense to use "Magnitt". Sounds the same, but is a more accurate combination of their names. Stays more true to the actual spelling

And yes, the similarity is not lost on me. In my eyes, it's a sign that Magnus/John are almost as OTP as Sam/Jack Hehehehe....
      Can I ask what OTP stands for?

I am SOOOO glad our ship never got stuck with a name mash-up like Magnitt, that just sounds silly (IMO).

Spoiler:
      I like Helen/John, but I don't ship them... I just don't see any plausible redemption for him... he's Jack-the-ripper for crying out loud!

ONE TRUE SHIP==>

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
        Can I ask what OTP stands for?

I am SOOOO glad our ship never got stuck with a name mash-up like Magnitt, that just sounds silly (IMO).

Spoiler:
        I like Helen/John, but I don't ship them... I just don't see any plausible redemption for him... he's Jack-the-ripper for crying out loud!

ONE TRUE SHIP==>
        One True Pairing. yeah Magnitt just sounds squirrelly. though i may have to disagree with you about john not being able to redeem himself. if darth vader (who was once good but turn bad) can turned good again, i think there is hope for Jack the ripper....maybe.

Comment

And getting back to the reason we come to THIS THREAD:

Comment

The pic on the bottom left-- was it actually featured in an episode?

I know that in the Atlantis episode "Tabula Rasa" we saw pictures of Cassie and some other personal photos of Sam's in her office... is this one of them?

Comment

Helen/Druitt:
              Spoiler:
              Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
              Is the Magnus/Druitt ship really termed as 'Magnitt'?
              I most often hear/see "Magnett" but to me it makes more sense to use "Magnitt". Sounds the same, but is a more accurate combination of their names. Stays more true to the actual spelling

And yes, the similarity is not lost on me. In my eyes, it's a sign that Magnus/John are almost as OTP as Sam/Jack Hehehehe....
              Actually, I do believe the Sam/Jack came up in the discussion when the fans over at the Helen/Druitt thread were trying to decide on a name.

But back on topic:

LOOK AT ALL THOSE HEARTS!!!!
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I know that in the Atlantis episode "Tabula Rasa" we saw pictures of Cassie and some other personal photos of Sam's in her office... is this one of them?
                I believe it came from Joe's blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                  You know, the mashup thing occurred to me when we were discussing the possible public reaction if the Stargate Program became common knowledge, and Sam and Jack were made the face of the program...

Is it bad that the first mashup name that came to mind was "Smack"?

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                    I believe it came from Joe's blog.
                    So it wasn't actually in an episode? It's a manip he featured or something? I'm confused...

Comment

You know, the mashup thing occurred to me when we were discussing the possible public reaction if the Stargate Program became common knowledge, and Sam and Jack were made the face of the program...

I hate the mashie names, but that's the best one I've heard for Sam and Jack.

Comment

So it wasn't actually in an episode? It's a manip he featured or something? I'm confused...
                        Nope, the picture is in Sam's office in Season 4 Atlantis, but it was never shown close up until Joe Mallozzi took that picture. But's it's definitely in the series!

SO CANON!
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          Nope, the picture is in Sam's office in Season 4 Atlantis, but it was never shown close up until Joe Mallozzi took that picture. But's it's definitely in the series!

SO CANON!
                          Good enough for me!

Comment

I haven't heard that one!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                              http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/Gateworld%20Rewatch%20Banners/Soaring-1.jpg
                              Unapologetic gushing: I love this banner, hlndncr! The colors just POP, the composition is so nice, and the sentiment warms the heart.

You know, the mashup thing occurred to me when we were discussing the possible public reaction if the Stargate Program became common knowledge, and Sam and Jack were made the face of the program...Is it bad that the first mashup name that came to mind was "Smack"?
                              ...and we would be talking 'Smack'. *snort*

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                              Nope, the picture is in Sam's office in Season 4 Atlantis, but it was never shown close up until Joe Mallozzi took that picture. But's it's definitely in the series!SO CANON!
                              The picture also changed postion in Sam's office (if you look closely over the year she was there). Shippy glasses interpret this as Sam picking it up periodically, looking at it, and setting it down in a different place. *warm-hearted sigh*
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

hlndncr, What a lovely, lovely collection of pictures. You do such a nice job with putting the ship all together!

Hello everyone, popping on to say hello. It has been a while, been lurking as I only have a few minutes here and there but wanted to say hello tonight! Hope everyone is doing well!

Jack and Sam forever!
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

Working...
                                X