No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to join the "I love Jack O'Neill's gray hair" club.

Comment

Just scrolled through those last posts and wow, that you guys are able to have this kind of discussion about someone's fanfic without this degenerating into an all out bruised egos flame war is impressive. In my old fandom board daring to suggest that a writer's skills may not be up to scratch in public got you immediately burnt at the stake.

*crosses hands behind head* I think I'm gonna like it here.

And my two cents as someone who's been writing fics for 14 years: if you're not confident about your grammar, get a beta. Hell, get a beta regardless. I never posted anything without one and never will.

And Freckles, trust me it's better to have your fanfic ass kicked now so that then you can modify what people tell you doesn't work, rather than posting your stuff and not getting any feedback and wondering why that is just because people are too damn polite to point the flaws in your stories or can't be bothered to let you know. Then again I'm an anal retentive fusspot who belongs to the "Write The Best Story You Can." school of thoughts. But you're right some people are most sensitive than others, and it is wise to ask people beforehand what kind of criticism they can put up with. Of course there are people who tell you "Be merciless I can take it" and who then go off in a sulk when you do just that. Plus it's true that some rubbish stories do get a lot of feedback so the quality of one's work is not always proportional to the feedback you get. The number of people who crave uninspired mediocre mush never ceases to amaze me.

YAY! I got an Avatar!
      "Didn't that tape say there were no fish in your pond?"

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
        I need to join the "I love Jack O'Neill's gray hair" club.
        Oooh, me too! He was so much sexier when he let the hair go gray!

Comment

As a long time member of the Gateworld Gutter Gals that live in the RDA thunk thread, I think you mean to be a member of the Silver Fox club

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
            As a long time member of the Gateworld Gutter Gals that live in the RDA thunk thread, I think you mean to be a member of the Silver Fox club

Ruffle, Ruffle, Ruffle

Comment

Wow! I've just had to catch up on well over 10 pages and I'm sure it's been less than a week since I've been here!

I love that pic of AT and RDA - it is totally cute!

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                I think you mean this one, and I love it too.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l355/polrobin/SG_Images/officialphoto.jpg[/IMG]

I like to think of it as a pic snapped of them on their honeymoon in Ireland, despite knowing it's a pic of Amanda and Rick at Avalon, I believe.

Gosh she just *fits* right there! :::shippy sigh:::

Off to teach now!
                YES! You nailed it! Fave pic right here ^

Hmm... Honeymoon... Yep. I could definitely picture that. In fact, the photo's downright inspirational... :: scampers off to write fic::

::scampers back::

Snurch please? *waggles eyebrows enthusiastically*

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post

:: swoon ::

Is it really sad that I think it's sexy and I'm not even 30 yet??

Comment

Originally posted by Endy View Post
                    No, definitely not stop! but it is not as much as in those first seven seasons.
                    I didn't stop. I'm quite entertained by these Ori guys actually. Creepy!

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                    I understand the feeling...I had a lot of emotional turmoil on those first few eps of S9...it just felt...wrong, with the team breaking up like that. And the shippers given no further confirmation rubbed a little lemon juice in the wounds. I'm glad I got to see them on a personal rewatch, all at once, rather than having it prolonged over WEEKS.
                    Yes, I'm glad I can go through them quickly too.

One of my favorite sceens in 'Avalon', though (with my shippy glasses at maximum strength) was this (don't look if you don't want to be spoiled before you finish the ep):
                    Spoiler:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31949[/ATTACH]
                    MITCHELL: Thanks. Listen, Sam…come back and rejoin SG-1.
                    CARTER (laughing): I heard you'd been given command. Congratulations.
                    MITCHELL: I'm not kidding. You can keep an eye on R & D in your spare time, just like you always have. Besides, Dr. Lee is pouting because you got the post over him.
                    CARTER (irked): Really?
                    MITCHELL: No, I made that up.
                    CARTER (half-smiles): I have my reasons for wanting this job.
                    Spoiler:

Eheheh! I had the same reaction when she said that! *points finger at screen* THE SHIP IS STRONG WITHIN YOU YOUNG CARTER.

- because some of us feel that R&D in Area 51 was under a seperate chain of command that that of the SGC, so Jack being in Washington in his new role with Homeworld Security (tied closely with the SGC's CoC), and Sam being in the new R&D role would remove them from each other's CoC...allowing them to persue a relationship.

And what reason would Jack have for moving to Washington (one of his least favorite places), to work with politicians (some of his least favorite people), and do mountains of paperwork (his least favorite activity)...unless it meant that he had a significant reward for all of this?

And look at the pic...she looks so happy...glowing, even.
                    Yes, it all makes perfect Ship sense. And Carter does look happy, even if she needs a haircut.

Some of the more long-standing members of this thread could have explained this better than myself, and have in older posts on this very thread. It is actually these members that helped renew the hope in me that there was/is a future for S/J -and that was import to me...S9 & 10 almost shook my faith. *Thanks all the great shippers!!*
                    You made a very good point yourself. Thank you.

Originally posted by freckles2185 View Post
                    No problem! but I'm just the messenger, the credit goes to Sam1Helen or samcartersg1 (as she is now known here).

As for S9-10.I'd never seen them as they originally aired, but while re-watching sg1 last year, lets just say it took me a long time to even attempt to watch S9, I watched the first few minutes, and hated that RDA & AT weren't there. (I knew that AT would be back later on in the season) but I hated the way the "introduced" Cameron Mitchell to the show, as if he was there all along...it drove me nuts...I didn't like him, he was trying too hard to be funny and goofy like RDA was. (which of course didn't work for him, in my opinion.)(sorry if anyone does like BB this is just me) and it was wired, thinking that they were all going their separate ways, not being sg1 anymore...so I know how you feel but like Sara was saying...
                    Yes, claudia Black is entertaining enough as Vala but BB just doesn't work in this role, it just doesn't gel.

As far as Sam and Jack are concerned, again, I think Sara put in nicely, the shippy glasses need to be on maximum for you to see it...there are maybe 2 or 3 episodes where they actually hint at them being together, Sara's spoiler was one of them...but they do it again I think its S9 episode 7
                    Spoiler:
                    "ex Dues Machina" Agent Barret asks Sam about Pete, and she says she broke up with him, so Barret asks if shes single again, and Sam's answer is "not exactly" need i say more
                    so all in all i say just watch it, for the sake of knowing what happened, they do, sort of, tie up loose ends about bad guys and such...
                    Aww, that's cute. This is the kind of line that tells you the writers are yanking Shippers' chains right there. I got years of training with the X-files.

ultimately sg1 for me ended with "threads", and s9-10 is like a spin-off show of sg1...but watch it anyway...the new characters grow on you eventually...*sigh* and when you do get to '200' you'll be so happy to see RDA again, that you'll say to yourself "wow, I missed Jack so much!! this is great!!" and it'll all be worth it lol
                    I'm watching and sofar I'm quite entertained. Daniel and Vala as the Odd Couple are fun to watch. And those Ori dudes pretty scary. And it was nice to see Sam back in Beachhead. I have to admit I was a bit put off by Jack's short appearance, ahrr, when was that? When Daniel said he was scared and Jack replied he was hungry. RDA's acting seemed really off in that scene, like he wasn't really there and was merely going through the motions. But maybe that's just me.

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                    No you can't, unfortunately. But it's not so hard to modify existing figures to match. If you're interested PM me and I'll tell you which work best.
                    Thanks I will.

Hmmmm...I think it'll take me a while to come to grip with this multiple quote posting feature. Sorry if names got misplaced in the process.
                    "Didn't that tape say there were no fish in your pond?"

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      ok, let's come back on topic!

Poll: what's your fav pics of Sam and Jack together? (in the show and/or BTS)?
                      This one is probably a bit quirly and I don't actually have the screencap, but in the episode Gemini Sam is in the control room working on a computer, and Jack just gets so close to her and they have this look... *sigh*

Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

Comment

Comment

Yes! That's the one.

Thank you!

Comment

May I just say, this thread rocks! Where else in the world could you go, describe a single moment or picture that's floating around in our memory banks, and only moments later have it posted right there?

You know what they say about great minds, thinking alike? Well, I think this thread is just one ginormous mindmeld of epic proportions.

Or maybe it's the ship itself? Both, maybe. Yes, the unique combination of the ship and the thread it spawns That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                              YES! You nailed it! Fave pic right here ^

Hmm... Honeymoon... Yep. I could definitely picture that. In fact, the photo's downright inspirational... :: scampers off to write fic::

::scampers back::

Snurch please? *waggles eyebrows enthusiastically*
                              Snurtch away, that's how I got it. And the price is letting us read your fic.

Well? Where is it? *taps foot*
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

was watching 200 last night and i felt like i needed to post this. the wedding scene was just so cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X