X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Sounds like a ton of work, friend!

But if you're game, so am I!
    Well, I may not volunteer for the privilege again.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      Well, I may not volunteer for the privilege again.
      The thing I would suggest is that it be anonymous so that people don't know who wrote what. You can set up a different thread for them, and then have a mod set up a poll for voting. There was a competition a while ago (it wasn't specifically Sam/Jack), and it got a little contentious, and then fizzled. As long as this one is just for fun, and just Sam/Jack, I think it might be fun.

Just a few thoughts.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

The thing I would suggest is that it be anonymous so that people don't know who wrote what. You can set up a different thread for them, and then have a mod set up a poll for voting. There was a competition a while ago (it wasn't specifically Sam/Jack), and it got a little contentious, and then fizzled. As long as this one is just for fun, and just Sam/Jack, I think it might be fun.

Just a few thoughts.
        That sounds like too much work. Besides, I want people to chat on the thread about the stories they like (or dislike), and to share favorite authors. We are mostly a polite bunch here and it is just about fun. The voting itself will be annonymous. (So you won't realize how I've fixed it for me to win in every category. ) And the rules will clearly state that it has to be pro-S/J. This is for Ship Day after all. (If you don't love the Ship what are you doing torturing yourself by coming here?)

Comment

That sounds like too much work. Besides, I want people to chat on the thread about the stories they like (or dislike), and to share favorite authors. We are mostly a polite bunch here and it is just about fun. The voting itself will be annonymous. (So you won't realize how I've fixed it for me to win in every category. ) And the rules will clearly state that it has to be pro-S/J. This is for Ship Day after all. (If you don't love the Ship what are you doing torturing yourself by coming here?)
          Well, I think that if anyone can pull it off, you can. You go, girl!
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Well, I think that if anyone can pull it off, you can. You go, girl!
            See I plan to resolve all disputes in favor of my preferences. That should make things work out just about perfect.

Comment

Just a few thoughts.
              Good thoughts. Mine are in the S/J fic thread so no need to repeat them here.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Just got a nice surprise in my email inbox this morning:
                Spoiler:
                SIX of my stories have been nominated for Gatefic awards!
                So, to the nominator--whoever you are--THANKS!
                [SPOILERS]Are we supposed to act shocked? *thinks a minute*...nope. Can't even manage to ACT surpised. Congrats you awesome author! can you tell us which six?[/SPOILERSOLD]

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Cool. Where is this place and when can I vote????
                Me, too! Ya'll have to keep the newbies informed.

Congrats Aka!
                I did notice last year that those awards leaned heavily toward the D/V ship. (So way to represent S/J for us.)
                We should put together our own S/J fic awards here.
                Maybe hand them out on Ship Day. *Hmmmm, thinking*
                I was looking through my notes and it seems that I had planned to possibly do a Ship Day Favorite Fics Awards. (I put together an initial outline of rules and procedures.) But it seems I also planned to give myself more time. I still think it could be fun, but I would really need your participation for it to work. (Otherwise it will just be a list of my favorite stories.)
                My thought would be to lay out some categories and ask for your favorite S/J fics in each category. (I won't be able to give you much time to read the nominations before we vote, but since we are doing favorites (old and new) many of us would probably have read them before.) Then we'd have a couple of weeks to vote and I'd list all the stories on the Ship Day Thread and announce the favorites on Ship Day.
                Would you all be interested in doing something like that? Would you nominate/vote for stories?
                OH YEAH! I'll vote! I'll be happy to nominate, but my list is short due to having a lot less exposure than you guys!
                *waltzes around the thread* ...so excited...
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

stupid spoiler blocks... sorry if I spoiled anybody's fun... :-/
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                    What an awesome birthday gift!

I remember lurking last year around this time, hearing about Ship Day and all. I really wanted to join before the celebration. I can't believe I've been here for a year already! It feels like I joined yesterday!
                    I can totally relate! My one year is this Sunday, June 19! Time flew by!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                      I can totally relate! My one year is this Sunday, June 19! Time flew by!
                      Cool. In case I forget on the 19th ... Happy GW Anniversary!

Comment

I cannot tell a lie. I avoid stories like that most of the time, since I don't like to read about either one of them being dead ... in any reality.

I do have a vague recollection of one in which she met Jack, and it turned out he was still married to Sara. But that's the only one I remember. Sorry.
                        That one was surprising because Jack led Sam to believe he was separated from Sara and seduced her, but in the end he was married. So not something OUR Jack would do!! At least they had Sam get with the real Jack when she got back to the right reality!!

Comment

Cool. In case I forget on the 19th ... Happy GW Anniversary!
                          THANKS!

also, I'm on board for the S/J fanfic awards! I'll have to make a list of favorites.... it's going to be hard, there are so many good fanfics out there!!

Does anyone know why my Captain status changed to Mac's Sock Matcher?? Is today a MacGyver anniversary, or something??

Comment

Hi there Lucycat and everyone,
                            Yep it is MacGyver Weekend. if you go to Forum Announcements and Help the Moderators came up with a theme for this weekend. This includes changing the status to fit the theme Each level has a different one. Check out the thread, some great MacGyver pics, sigs, etc. Hope this helps!
                            Hope everyone has a great weekend!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

Just got a nice surprise in my email inbox this morning:

Spoiler:
                              SIX of my stories have been nominated for Gatefic awards!

So, to the nominator--whoever you are--THANKS!

AKA,
                              Congratulations, you have got my votes....when the nominations go up!
                              sigpic

Comment

I was looking through my notes and it seems that I had planned to possibly do a Ship Day Favorite Fics Awards. (I put together an initial outline of rules and procedures.) But it seems I also planned to give myself more time.

I still think it could be fun, but I would really need your participation for it to work. (Otherwise it will just be a list of my favorite stories.)

My thought would be to lay out some categories and ask for your favorite S/J fics in each category. (I won't be able to give you much time to read the nominations before we vote, but since we are doing favorites (old and new) many of us would probably have read them before.) Then we'd have a couple of weeks to vote and I'd list all the stories on the Ship Day Thread and announce the favorites on Ship Day.

Would you all be interested in doing something like that? Would you nominate/vote for stories?
                                Yes, I would be interested in a Sam/Jack Fic awards. Let me know if I can do something to help you.
                                Sam and Jack forever!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X