X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Go Diamondbacks!

Oh. Wait. Wrong sport.
    I'm an Os fan myself. I don't mind hockey, but I didn't grow up with it (no team in my area), so I'm a bigger baseball fan than any other sport.

Pol-- looking forward to new Campfire!!

Comment

Look for the new Campfire tomorrow before 10m PST.

Er...provided I can get my Beta to read it that is. <g>
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post

**Sits on the floor next to Yessika in comfy chair, looks at watch and waits for campfire**
        sigpic
        sig by Mada
        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
          **Sits on the floor next to Yessika in comfy chair, looks at watch and waits for campfire**
          Drags over humongous pillow cushion and flings self onto it to wait with the others.

Comment

Should we start singing and toasting marsmallows?
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Okay, so I'm feeling pretty loved today. My mom bought me a new sewing machine out of the blue, and two of my favorite clients sent me thank you notes with gift cards in them.

My vision of married (or together dedicated) Sam and Jack is two people who show each other rather than tell each other how they feel. So, the question I have, which I hope will prompt discussion, is this:

How do Sam and Jack show each other they love each other? We talking daily, or from time to time. What little or big things might they do to demonstrate how they really feel?

I've got some ideas, but I'd love to hear from the rest of you!
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Okay, so I'm feeling pretty loved today. My mom bought me a new sewing machine out of the blue, and two of my favorite clients sent me thank you notes with gift cards in them.

My vision of married (or together dedicated) Sam and Jack is two people who show each other rather than tell each other how they feel. So, the question I have, which I hope will prompt discussion, is this:

How do Sam and Jack show each other they love each other? We talking daily, or from time to time. What little or big things might they do to demonstrate how they really feel?

You are loved!

*huggles Aka*

Wish I could pull up a cushion and wait for Pol's next Campfire with the rest of you, but my mother is coming on Tues. so I must clean the house. (Although honestly my house is probably already cleaner than hers -- I was always the neat one in the family -- but there's something about having my mother see the way I actually live that always prompts a massive freak out.)

If anyone wanted to do the dishes for me that would be showing love IMO. (I hate doing dishes!)

As for Sam & Jack . . . other than fishing . . . . . .

I think it depends on if they are together or apart. Just holding hands for them would be huge. (I have an idea about that. *slaps down plot bunny* They are breeding way too fast around here.)

When Sam was in Atlantis, I think Jack made sure some of her favorite things were sent in the supplies. You know like plenty of blue jello started showing up in cafeteria.

I think Sam added extra technobabble to her reports.

Comment

Hmmmm.

Are you talking during the series when they were "not" in love, but really were?

I think Jack showing up or emailing around mealtimes was one way he made sure she ate and took care of herself. I think that whole "Carter, get a life" thing was about that as well, it juts didn't work out as he'd planned.

Sam, too, shows her love in ways that matter to Jack. She supports him (I'm not just talking about command), when he's down, I think she gives him space when he needs it, but is also a clear presence in his life. I think that she, like he does, will show up with an extra cup of coffee to a briefing, made the way he likes it, just as he does for her.

When the meet in the commissary, she'll have one thing on her tray that she never, ever eats, but it's always for him. He does the same for her, with either blue jello, or....some other thing she loves but never has to grab because he's done it. Oh darn...now you've made a fic come into my head and I'm trying to write a Campfire for those sitting and waiting!

Hedwig, how are the marshmallows coming along?

Comment

Hedwig, how are the marshmallows coming along?
                    I have to whip up lots more. Some neighbors stopped by for a chat, and when they found out what we were waiting for, they were very enthused and decided to wait with us. And we ate all the toasted marshmallows. So I have to whip up more.

Comment

Greetings Shippers!

I was at our local Farmers' Market this morning and came upon a vendor selling some creative tees. Among them was this little fella that is very shippy in an iconic way! Of course, I had to buy it.

Spoiler:

The vendor is in nearby Maryland. I emailed him to inquire about a selection of sizes as only S, M and L were available. Also, I asked about the inspiration for this design. I'll let you know what he says.

Last edited by nell; 05 June 2011, 11:34 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Poppin while the beta proofs the Campfire. Blog updated.

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
                          Greetings Shippers!

I was at our local Farmers' Market this morning and came upon a vendor selling some creative tees. Among them was this little fella that is very shippy in an iconic way! Of course, I had to buy it.

Spoiler:

The vendor is in nearby Maryland. I emailed him to inquire about a selection of sizes as only S, M and L were available. Also, I asked about the inspiration for this design. I'll let you know what he says.

Do you think the designer has read Mala's Penguin Page? They must be shippers, making a t-shirt like that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                            :d do you think the designer has read mala's penguin page? They must be shippers, making a t-shirt like that.
                            LOL!!! I knew Mala had penguin art but I forgot about those rocketing penguins!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm not entirely what time that is on my side of the planet but I know it won't be fast enough

Comment

New Campfire posted. Enjoy.

OT: Go Canucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X