No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to say that I love Upgrades. Not only does it lead straight to the Zatarc machine but it just brings out some fantastic scenes. Notable, the boxing match in which Jack looks totally insane but damned cute at the same time. Then the pool table scene when you just can see the mischief on Jack's face. Very enjoyable if you totally ignore Anise, which I have to say I tend to do.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      As for the reasons Sam loves Jack, in Upgrades she was kind of annoyed with him.

When they were brought before General Hammond after the O'Malley's incident Jack tried to blame Sam ("Carter wanted a steak."), and she snapped at him ("It was your idea.")
      I love that scene! Especially the way she tacks on a belated 'Sir' afterwards. I always saw it was a sign of how comfortable they were with each other at that point in their relationship - esp considering they then confess their love for each other not long after - that she can just retaliate in front of their boss. Although the chemicals pumping through their body probably had more to do with it. Alien chemicals that is

Comment

More from Upgrades...

From the aforementioned "Carter wanted steak" scene.

And then...

In my notes on the ep I have a comment that notes that after Jack sees Sam down on the floor, he makes the decision to run to her. The slow-mo of that shot makes it very clear that Jack is aware that his armband will be falling off soon, too and he's trying to outrace it to join her.

Love that.

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
          In my notes on the ep I have a comment that notes that after Jack sees Sam down on the floor, he makes the decision to run to her. The slow-mo of that shot makes it very clear that Jack is aware that his armband will be falling off soon, too and he's trying to outrace it to join her.

Love that.
          I had never considered that he had registered that his armband would fall off soon. I just thought he was reacting on an emotional level. Carter's trapped and I have to get to her. I think the slow mo and the cut away to the arm band was a signal to the audience of what's about to happen, but not necessarily Jack. Although, I can see that somewhere in all that was happening Jack might have realized that going back for Sam could mean he would become trapped as well. I'm sure he would have rather been trapped behind the forceshield with her than free on the otherside without her, but he was probably thinking I have to get us both out not I need to join her.

Comment

SGU
            Spoiler:
            episodes return march 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
              I love that scene! Especially the way she tacks on a belated 'Sir' afterwards. I always saw it was a sign of how comfortable they were with each other at that point in their relationship - esp considering they then confess their love for each other not long after - that she can just retaliate in front of their boss. Although the chemicals pumping through their body probably had more to do with it. Alien chemicals that is
              I thought the way she snapped at him was a sign of the drug from the armband. Remember, she snapped at him in a similar fashion when they were addicted to the Light. Carter on drugs... brings out the insubordination in her!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                I thought the way she snapped at him was a sign of the drug from the armband. Remember, she snapped at him in a similar fashion when they were addicted to the Light. Carter on drugs... brings out the insubordination in her!
                That's true!

Comment

Although the chemicals pumping through their body probably had more to do with it. Alien chemicals that is
                  Actually I tend to agree - hence the comment above - just more wishful thinking

Although I think part of that carries on with them as their relationship develops over the years. I can see Sam using that tone on Jack if they get annoyed with each other, in their normal everyday married life In the same way that Sam gives Jack that look at the end of Continuum - although that's a slightly different meaning, but you get the idea...

Comment

LOL. You are right and insubordinate Sam is always so much fun to see.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Mada
                    As a matter of FIC

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/0...earth-in-2036/

gotta wonder in the SG universe who discovered it?

Comment

I come with a gift to hold you over 'til Valenship (an even of which I shall partake but not add to this year, sadly).

New Campfire. Enjoy.

Comment

I come with a gift to hold you over 'til Valenship (an even of which I shall partake but not add to this year, sadly).

New Campfire. Enjoy.
                          Yay!! *goes to read*
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

New Campfire. Enjoy.
                            *Sweet!* New fic!

Comment

So...extremely wildly OT:
                              Spoiler:
                              This is really OT, so just in case...
                              Spoiler:
                              I've never watched Bones until tonight when I caught the end of an ep. Are Booth and Bones a 'shippy couple?

's and...that's about it.

Comment

So...extremely wildly OT:
                                Spoiler:
                                This is really OT, so just in case...
                                Spoiler:
                                I've never watched Bones until tonight when I caught the end of an ep. Are Booth and Bones a 'shippy couple?

's and...that's about it.
                                YES!!!! And it's KILLING me! This season is KILLING me!!!!!!!!!!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X