Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    I very much doubt anything I do would impress Amanda; although I'm sure she would be gracious enough to pretend otherwise were I in her presence.
    On the other hand, she might have a kind and/or humorous comment to have somebody there pass on to you.

Comment

Saturday, February 5:
      Saturday, February 12:
      Saturday, February 19: 10
      Saturday, February 26:

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
        Ok. So remember in Entity we found out that Sam had requested that she not be kept alive by any extreme measures. Jack had a hard time letting Janet go that way even when Janet felt it was time (as anyone would).

Do you think Jack would have the same clause and do you think Sam would be able to honour that request should Jack have been in such a position?
        Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        Go write it then, woman! Tippity tap on the keyboard now. Go on. I'll expect to see it on FF . net any minute!
        I'm blaming Trinity for this, and I accepted the challenge. However, don't read if you don't want to get a tear in your eye. I had a few in my own eyes when I wrote it: Goodbye My Love

Comment

Saturday, February 5:
          Saturday, February 12:
          Saturday, February 19: 11
          Saturday, February 26:

And it sounds like I ought to try to finish something for Valenship.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
            Popping in to say hi!

Fanfic ramblings:

Spoiler:
            So I've been going through my docs on Google docs and I've found several unfinished fics (no surprise, I start, stop, and sometimes start again before I hit on something that's a good idea. And sometimes not a good idea LOL.

In general, I don't get past maybe a hundred, two hundred words before something is shelved, but I found one that I wrote over 12,000 words on. 12,000. Then I just stopped. I vaguely remember the idea and where I was going, but I can also tell from reading it that I was getting stuck.

Then I found another angsty one-shot that looks fairly completed. It just needs some polishing.

Then I found ANOTHER two, that would be quite guttery.

So...I'm thinking of pulling one of them out to work on. Probably the one-shot for sure. But here's a summary. What do you think?

I'm asking for an opinion here, but it only makes sense if you read the above

Spoiler:

Story One (12K): Sam ends up on a planet without a gate through a gate malfunction (and yes, I worked out exactly how it happens). Determined to get her back, Jack goes through the address against orders. Now they're trapped. Oh, and this is apparently an "aliens made them get married" fic. Woohoo for cliches.

Story Two: Sam has a birthday party and her and Jack dance too close to a forbidden topic.

Story Three: In a very twisted plot Jack thinks Sam is Sara and Sam doesn't remember being Sam til later and she gets pregnant. A little bit of a darker fic.

Story Four: Another dark!fic in which Sam and Jack are kept as exotic servants to some overlord. This one didn't get fleshed out as much it seems like

No guarantees on when any are finished, but I'm curious as to what most people would want to read.

I'm not a big fan of dark fic, but I'd definitely read 1 and 2, if they were ever available! Great ideas!

Comment

I was lucky enough to see Amanda a few years back when she came to a convention here in Baltimore. She's wonderful and funny... all who are going will definitely have a great time!

I'll vote 19th for Valenship, too.

Comment

I don't want to cut off the voting early or anything, but unless we have a massive last minute serge for another date I think we'll be having Valenship on Feb. 19th.

Bekki's putting together the invite. So stay tuned and start planning your goodies.

+ = Always

Comment

Saturday, February 5:
                  Saturday, February 12:
                  Saturday, February 19: 12
                  Saturday, February 26:

Okay, so as much as I want to do the 26th (which is my birthday), I do recognize that Valenship is, in fact, *not* about me. *grin*

Edit...oops, too late!
                  Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                    Saturday, February 5:
                    Saturday, February 12:
                    Saturday, February 26:

Okay, so as much as I want to do the 26th (which is my birthday), I do recognize that Valenship is, in fact, *not* about me. *grin*

Edit...oops, too late!
                    Thinks of it as an early birthday present.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                      Saturday, February 5:
                      Saturday, February 12:
                      Saturday, February 26:

Edit...oops, too late!
                      What a great birthday My dad (who I adore) was born that day in 1955 and my son was born Feb 23rd...and I'm convinced to this day that if my doc hadn't induced, he would have come on the 26th (he shares a lot of qualities of my father and he's not even four...it's kind of eerie). But low amniotic fluid can create a sense of urgency.

But Valenship. Yay! (PS are you feeling better??)

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                        What a great birthday My dad (who I adore) was born that day in 1955 and my son was born Feb 23rd...and I'm convinced to this day that if my doc hadn't induced, he would have come on the 26th (he shares a lot of qualities of my father and he's not even four...it's kind of eerie). But low amniotic fluid can create a sense of urgency.

But Valenship. Yay! (PS are you feeling better??)
                        That week is really hectic in our house. My husband's birthday is the 22nd, my no. 3 is the 23rd, and no. 5 is the 27th.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

That week is really hectic in our house. My husband's birthday is the 22nd, my no. 3 is the 23rd, and no. 5 is the 27th.
                          indeed! Fortunately the birthdays in my family are evenly spread over the whole year. But three in one week, that's tough.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                            indeed! Fortunately the birthdays in my family are evenly spread over the whole year. But three in one week, that's tough.
                            Well, to be fair, No. 5 wasn't due until March 12th. We induced him early because he was getting rather large. So, it's really my fault. BUT--it's a busy week, that's for sure!

So, are birthdays a big affair in the O'Neill/Carter household? Or Carter-O'Neill, whichever. . .
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Well, to be fair, No. 5 wasn't due until March 12th. We induced him early because he was getting rather large. So, it's really my fault. BUT--it's a busy week, that's for sure!

So, are birthdays a big affair in the O'Neill/Carter household? Or Carter-O'Neill, whichever. . .
                              You made me think, is there a rule about the name when you are married? Around here you can assume the name of one of the partners, the woman can change hers to the - thing (I've no idea what it's called) or you can both keep your respective names. Somehow I think that's the way Sam and Jack would go. So O'Neill/Carter seems most plausible to me.

Edit: Forgot about the birthdays.
                              I don't see them having a huge birthday party, but something small with the people they really care about. Why not. Could be a bit difficult to do it on the actual birthday, though. With Sam gallivanting around the universe and Jack in Washington.
                              Last edited by Lilac736; 20 January 2011, 10:18 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

If Sam were to be stuck on the Hammond for her birthday, somehow, I can see Jack having prearranged something for her second in command to bring her something on that day coming from him, be it a small gift or a recording he made himself (I'm thinking the latter). And when she comes back, he takes her fishing.
                                sigpic
                                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Working...
                                X