Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post

Problem being: #1 I'm working on a large Sanctuary fic ATM, #2 I joined a weekly fic prompt comm on LJ, #3 Someone on ff.net asked for a Sam/Cai story which made a plot bunny storm around, #4 now you guys wanting MOAR kinky sam...
    What is this paring? And why are you writing anti-sam/jack fic??

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      I dislike you right now. Now I want to grab my Charmed DVDs and watch that show again! Hmpf.

But other than that; it would be interesting to see since the baby and the mother do share certain things. Still since the baby would have the marker I don't think it would be transferred to Sam.
      Still I don't understand the human body enough to know if that would be a possibility or not. Someone who is more knowledgeable about that would be able to answer that probably...*looks hopeful at MoB*
      I don't know if it would really be possible--but usually things cross the placenta from mother to child and not the other way around. Unless you're a witch, apparently. Sam's not one of those, but those screwy Ancient genes can really smack normalcy down, right?
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I dislike you right now. Now I want to grab my Charmed DVDs and watch that show again! Hmpf.
        You're welcome!

But other than that; it would be interesting to see since the baby and the mother do share certain things. Still since the baby would have the marker I don't think it would be transferred to Sam.
        Still I don't understand the human body enough to know if that would be a possibility or not. Someone who is more knowledgeable about that would be able to answer that probably...*looks hopeful at MoB*
        Actually, I didn't mean the ATA gene would transfer to Sam permanently... just that she would have it while carrying baby-O'neill.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
          Yes, well, this is why I mention it on a forum of talented fanfic writers!
          That's not me... I wouldn't know where to start! Except...

Tealc, have you seen Jack or Sam?
          Indeed, I have not Daniel Jackson. But I believe I may have heard Colonel Carter.
          Heard her? What do you mean?
          There was the sound of giggling coming from storage room 69 along with Barry White music.
          Your talent seems quite evident Lucycat.

Get to writing that fic First Lieutenant.

That's an order!

I'm glad to be of service! *giggles*

#5...just write it because you know you want to!
          #6...because more visible kinky Sam is exactly what the world needs right now

Okay, I will admit I only watched season 9-10 once, when they aired. I have had no inclination to watch them again or buy the DVDs. I have seen the Jack episodes a couple times, but not the rest (did not like the ori). So I don't recall this scene, and I'm glad they had the sense not to do that... I hope it was protested by Amanda!!
          Yes. I believe it was.
          sigpic
          sig by Mada
          As a matter of FIC

Comment

I'm glad to be of service! *giggles*

#5...just write it because you know you want to!
            *sigh* But I do.

What is this paring? And why are you writing anti-sam/jack fic??
            It's not anti-Jack! It's a story I wrote about Jack and his and Sam's adopted little girl, Cai for LadyGalaxyJ for secret santa! LJ / FF.net

Probably.
            Akamaimom is right. Genetics can be passed from Mom to baby but not the other way around. Unless you have an alien physiology.
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Actually, I didn't mean the ATA gene would transfer to Sam permanently... just that she would have it while carrying baby-O'neill.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what your really asking is can ancient technology detect the gene in utero?

Because Jack never displayed any special "powers" with the genes except in Lost City and he wasn't exactly himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                I don't know if it would really be possible--but usually things cross the placenta from mother to child and not the other way around. Unless you're a witch, apparently. Sam's not one of those, but those screwy Ancient genes can really smack normalcy down, right?
                Yes, I know that. That's what I was thinking it was probably not really possible.

Still the ancient gene, IMHO, is a dormant thing, something that people get naturally, so I think it wouldn't be any different than a "normal" pregnancy.
                Also isn't it just a gene as we've seen in SGA/SG-1(ATA gene) so that makes me think that it wouldn't be able for the baby to get it, because from my understanding the baby doesn't give its genes to the mother. Still on the other hand you can think, what kind of gene is this? One that is just dormant in the DNA, or something that gives something off(like the marker that Sam has left from Jolinar and gives her naquadah in her blood) ...then it could be that in some weird way Sam could faintly get it.

This all does remind me of when Teyla got pregnant and her Wraith genes got more active because of the baby... Still Teyla already had some of the genes to start with so that is different.

It is, in general, just confusing!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                  #6...because more visible kinky Sam is exactly what the world needs right now
                  Oh YES!

One last thing on the ATA gene/Sam preggies with baby-O'Neill topic. Did Sam ever got the gene therapy in the show? I think that was never pointed out, but if she did, there would probably/definitely be a chance Sam would be able to work with all Ancient machines. (aka in the Teyla way)
                  sigpic

Comment

MESSAGE TO MY FELLOW SHIPPERS AFFECTED BY THE FLOODS IN AUSTRALIA:

Just sending my prayers for your safety and for your loved ones. Please take care.
                    - TE1

(And hello Shippers online and everywhere - Safe and Sound New Year- Flying out!)
                    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                    sigpic
                    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what your really asking is can ancient technology detect the gene in utero?

Because Jack never displayed any special "powers" with the genes except in Lost City and he wasn't exactly himself.
                      He could fly the funky ship in "It's Good to Be King", and then he flew it again in "Moebius". His brain was able to withstand the Ancient knowledge as long as it did in "The Fifth Race" and "Lost City" because of the gene, after all, and then he was able to receive information through the Ancient stones with Joe the Barber in "Citizen Joe" because they both possessed the Ancient gene. And who's to say that he wouldn't have been able to do other things had they learned the whole genetic thing sooner?

I'm still not sure that the gene would exhibit any wonderful propensities while the kid was still cooking, but you never know. . .
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Starlover said HolyAngelQueenSG-1...err...what do you mean? Those points were for what belongs also with the different pillars of the ship. I was bored so I added a few!
                        Yeah! HA ha.. The Shipper is Jack and Sam had Romantic...
                        Last edited by HolyAngelQueenSG-1; 04 January 2011, 06:59 PM.

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                          I think she meant that she liked your points - they were fun.

Did I get it right HolyAngelQueenSG-1?

And we know you love the gutter Starlover **splashes in happily**
                          Yup!!! I feeling do it.

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

He could fly the funky ship in "It's Good to Be King", and then he flew it again in "Moebius". His brain was able to withstand the Ancient knowledge as long as it did in "The Fifth Race" and "Lost City" because of the gene, after all, and then he was able to receive information through the Ancient stones with Joe the Barber in "Citizen Joe" because they both possessed the Ancient gene. And who's to say that he wouldn't have been able to do other things had they learned the whole genetic thing sooner?

I'm still not sure that the gene would exhibit any wonderful propensities while the kid was still cooking, but you never know. . .
                            That's the beauty of sci-fi. Just make sure it makes logical sense in the universe and run with it! LOL

Sam and Jack have little ancient babies that fly little ancient space shuttles.

Or Jack has special little... *cough* *cough*

Comment

All of those have to do with operating ancient tech. I'm talking powers like when Jack healed Bra'tac or some of the other powers ascended and near-ascendeds exhibited.

Comment

Yes, I know that. That's what I was thinking it was probably not really possible.

Still the ancient gene, IMHO, is a dormant thing, something that people get naturally, so I think it wouldn't be any different than a "normal" pregnancy.
                                Also isn't it just a gene as we've seen in SGA/SG-1(ATA gene) so that makes me think that it wouldn't be able for the baby to get it, because from my understanding the baby doesn't give its genes to the mother. Still on the other hand you can think, what kind of gene is this? One that is just dormant in the DNA, or something that gives something off(like the marker that Sam has left from Jolinar and gives her naquadah in her blood) ...then it could be that in some weird way Sam could faintly get it.

This all does remind me of when Teyla got pregnant and her Wraith genes got more active because of the baby... Still Teyla already had some of the genes to start with so that is different.

It is, in general, just confusing!
                                Well, the way I was thinking is that the baby has the ATA gene because he/she is an O'neill, and Jack is one of the strongest carriers (with Sheppard). So maybe the baby's strong ATA gene, carried in Sam, would allow her to... I don't know... fly the puddle jumper or turn on the lights in Atlantis. Why not? It's Sci-fi, anything is possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X