Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    When did Rick have something to do with a rewrite?
    i might be mixing things up with joe mallozzi talking about a rewrite on his blog (some time ago).

i've said this on the sgu canceled thread (where it really doesn't belong ), that i'm worried for the sg1/atlantis movies, b/c of how long it's taking for them to come about. IF they ever come about.

in my opinion, the franchise *needs* these movies (just as much as WE want the s/j confirmation! ).
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      i might be mixing things up with joe mallozzi talking about a rewrite on his blog (some time ago).

i've said this on the sgu canceled thread (where it really doesn't belong ), that i'm worried for the sg1/atlantis movies, b/c of how long it's taking for them to come about. IF they ever come about.

in my opinion, the franchise *needs* these movies (just as much as WE want the s/j confirmation! ).
      i think they will happen in 2011 but if they dont we still had an amazing ten seasons and two movies which is better than what most get.
      sigpic
      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
        i think they will happen in 2011 but if they dont we still had an amazing ten seasons and two movies which is better than what most get.
        yeah, as a series it's enough, but as the sam/jack love story... it's not enough 'for me'.

here's to 2011 being THE year of our confirmation!!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          yeah, as a series it's enough, but as the sam/jack love story... it's not enough 'for me'.

here's to 2011 being THE year of our confirmation!!
          sigpic

Comment

As far as television series go, Stargate has been one of the most successful and the best, IMO. As I'm sure Trek fans will tell you, I've found this franchise to be so much more accessible and FUN. Trek PTB were like evil warlords that had a snob streak. They were a royal pain in the mik'ta and by the time the show tanked, I was secretly glad that they found themselves realizing they'd lost so much connection with their fan base that only a handful were still watching.

Some might say that about SGU, but I thought of SGU as more of an artistic thing - they wanted to spread their wings and so something a little different. Frankly, I enjoy it. I love my shows edgy and gutsy. I love SG-1 too. SGA I enjoy at moments but I don't quite get it as much as the other two.

Of course, S/J help my love immensely. No, we may not have the resolution we want, but it's been handled far better than my first ship Janeway/Chakotay ( :growl: ).

Make that a double growl.

And now I'm going to stare at

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
              As far as television series go, Stargate has been one of the most successful and the best, IMO. As I'm sure Trek fans will tell you, I've found this franchise to be so much more accessible and FUN. Trek PTB were like evil warlords that had a snob streak. They were a royal pain in the mik'ta and by the time the show tanked, I was secretly glad that they found themselves realizing they'd lost so much connection with their fan base that only a handful were still watching.

Some might say that about SGU, but I thought of SGU as more of an artistic thing - they wanted to spread their wings and so something a little different. Frankly, I enjoy it. I love my shows edgy and gutsy. I love SG-1 too. SGA I enjoy at moments but I don't quite get it as much as the other two.

Of course, S/J help my love immensely. No, we may not have the resolution we want, but it's been handled far better than my first ship Janeway/Chakotay ( :growl: ).

i have to say i never really got into the star treks like i did stargate and like you said i think it's because stargate is alot more fun to watch.
              sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                  HolyQueen: I get confused by your posts, but they make me , too.

And I'd like to see Jack tell McKay to stop hitting on his wife, Sam, not girlfriend!
                  Ha! I like Jack kisses Sam. He save sam life and Wedding in Stragate: Revolation!! Right?
                  Jack can pissed off at Dr.mckay and Young touch love sam. Jack will get love save sam. LOL!

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Jack and Sam said " Dr.Mckay, Go Suck Lemon!"

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post

Well said! I was a kid when TNG first aired and it captivated me from the beginning. TNG was my first sci-fi love and I still have a soft spot for it. As I grew older I was really nerved by the seriousness and self-righteousness of the franchise, though.
                      So when SG-1 started it was mainly the fact that this was not the sterile, pretentious environment I was used to in Star Trek, but today’s Earth that fascinated me. There was no Prime Directive and the characters made mistakes and stumbled from one misery into the next, trying to find their footing. It was so much fun!

On topic:

sigpic

Comment

Day 24

Made by me

sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Comment

Hi everyone!!
                            I've been without internet connection since end of september!! But hopefully everything is going back to normal!!
                            Good to be here again
                            sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas day and S/J Shipmas!!!

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                                Hi everyone!!
                                I've been without internet connection since end of september!! But hopefully everything is going back to normal!!
                                Good to be here again
                                Welcome back!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X