Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s 5 Days to Shipmas
    Continued

Jack: So you’re just going to drop these Secret Santa presents off and go, right?

Jacob: Actually, I thought I’d stick around for the party.

Jack: Jacob, you do know what Shipmas is all about?

Jacob: Yes, Jack. I know all about the shippers who want to see you with my daughter.

Jack: And you’re OK with it?

Jacob: I’ll get back to you on that.

Sam: Yeah, this is going to be fun.

Comment

I would really like to green you! Feel yourself greened

Jacob: I'll get back to you on that.
      Oh I would like to see that. You have to love Jacob.
      sigpic

Comment

HLNDNCR--

Awesome that you brought Jacob into it! And the Tok'ra! I'm loving these little tidbits--and if you weren't so darn good at these, I might be able to green you. But I've done it too many times, and GW has cut off my pursestrings. So--

And Oma--BEAUTIFUL! I'm thinking Day 13 is the best one yet! I need that in poster form to hang on the wall in my studio.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your talents with me! I'm loving all you do.
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Cute fic rec:

Jack gets his 2d star and is celebrating with the team:

Proper Human Colloquialisms

This is obviously before Unending, but anyhow it made me think. After the events in Unending do you consider Teal'c a shipper? Personally I did not get the whole Sam/Teal'c vibe, I just could not see it. After listening to Darren and David's podcast and reading some fics I discovered that there are supposed to be hints in that direction. So if, and please be kind, if they had a relationship during these years on the Odyssey how could he possibly support Sam and Jack? I mean he remembers everything. And how would that effect the "team". In consideration of hlndncr's new work, I totally consider Jacob to be a shipper, with Teal'c I'm not so sure anymore (at least after Unending).

I would like to post a picture, but maybe I’m a bit dense. I can’t figure out how this whole attachment thing works. The file I’m allowed to post seems awfully small. Is there anything I can do to make it a bit bigger?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
            This is obviously before Unending, but anyhow it made me think. After the events in Unending do you consider Teal'c a shipper? Personally I did not get the whole Sam/Teal'c vibe, I just could not see it. After listening to Darren and David's podcast and reading some fics I discovered that there are supposed to be hints in that direction. So if, and please be kind, if they had a relationship during these years on the Odyssey how could he possibly support Sam and Jack? I mean he remembers everything. And how would that effect the "team". In consideration of hlndncr's new work, I totally consider Jacob to be a shipper, with Teal'c I'm not so sure anymore (at least after Unending).

I would like to post a picture, but maybe I’m a bit dense. I can’t figure out how this whole attachment thing works. The file I’m allowed to post seems awfully small. Is there anything I can do to make it a bit bigger?
            I think Teal'c knows that Sam loves Jack, and he would never say anything except in the situation where it's clear that Sam will never see Jack again -- that it's as if Jack is dead. At that point, wouldn't the comfort of a friend be better than a lifetime alone?
            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
              I think Teal'c knows that Sam loves Jack, and he would never say anything except in the situation where it's clear that Sam will never see Jack again -- that it's as if Jack is dead. At that point, wouldn't the comfort of a friend be better than a lifetime alone?

For sure. But he has these memories of who knows how many years with Sam and then they are back and he has to watch the relationship between Sam and Jack. That might be difficult. At least if it is more then comfort for him.
              sigpic

Comment

[/B] For sure. But he has these memories of who knows how many years with Sam and then they are back and he has to watch the relationship between Sam and Jack. That might be difficult. At least if it is more then comfort for him.
                I think it must be hard for him. I can't imagine that he's told Sam what happened. I doubt he's told anybody except maybe Cam, who doesn't have a lot of emotional entanglement in it. But I think he wants Sam to be happy and she is, and he loves O'Neill as a brother. And so he genuinely wishes them well and deals with his own feelings privately in a very Teal'c way.
                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                  My first ship was Lois & Clark! (WOW, that seems like eons ago!
                  ZOMG...ME TOO!

Then I had many shipless years of TV followed by a series of shippy sci-fi watching starting with Farscape, Dr. Who, and Torchwood and finally ending HERE

Comment

I completely disagree that Sam and Teal'c had any kind of romantic or physical relationship during Unending. It is not cannon. Some gestures of friendship during that episode have been completely blown out of propotion to create this notion. I know AT has made comments that she and CJ may have played it that way, but I often take actor comments with a huge chunk of salt. I have no problem with Teal'c and Sam being close (I think they do share a special bond), or him comforting her as a very dear and close friend. When I look at those scenes that's what I see. I personally refuse to accept any other explanation, especially given in my world Sam is married to Jack and neither she would not violate her vows (and neither would Teal'c). They are both far too honorable for that. I can't bring myself to think so little of their characters.

And before anyone says, "Oh but it was fifty years and she shouldn't have to be alone forever" I have to say that it wasn't 50 years, it was a few seconds that felt like 50 years. Jack is still alive. And I think Sam has proven that she has the ability, the integrity, and the devotion to honor her vows for as long as required.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      I completely disagree that Sam and Teal'c had any kind of romantic or physical relationship during Unending. It is not cannon. Some gestures of friendship during that episode have been completely blown out of propotion to create this notion. I know AT has made comments that she and CJ may have played it that way, but I often take actor comments with a huge chunk of salt. I have no problem with Teal'c and Sam being close (I think they do share a special bond), or him comforting her as a very dear and close friend. When I look at those scenes that's what I see. I personally refuse to accept any other explanation, especially given in my world Sam is married to Jack and neither she would not violate her vows (and neither would Teal'c). They are both far too honorable for that. I can't bring myself to think so little of their characters.

And before anyone says, "Oh but it was fifty years and she shouldn't have to be alone forever" I have to say that it wasn't 50 years, it was a few seconds that felt like 50 years. Jack is still alive. And I think Sam has proven that she has the ability, the integrity, and the devotion to honor her vows for as long as required.
                      Amen.

sigpic
                      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I agree. And let's not forget Ishta, who is ostensibly still involved with Teal'c. I have had it in my mind for years, now, that they are together and have chosen to be faithful.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                          I agree. And let's not forget Ishta, who is ostensibly still involved with Teal'c. I have had it in my mind for years, now, that they are together and have chosen to be faithful.
                          Agree with both of the above

I still haven't made anything for Shipmas *hangs head in shame*
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

OK, this is why I usually don't listen to audio commentaries and interviews with actors. They confuse me. Honestly, I had not seen their interaction in a romantic way. But after hearing about it, I just wondered how Teal'c would be able to continue like nothing had happend. That would have not made sense to me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gumarx View Post
                              ZOMG...ME TOO!

Then I had many shipless years of TV followed by a series of shippy sci-fi watching starting with Farscape, Dr. Who, and Torchwood and finally ending HERE
                              My first ship was Remington Steele and Laura Holt, so talking about eons... And for quite some time I was, and still am, really into Mulder and Scully. But my longest and my most valued ship has always been Sam and Jack. It's nice to have some change from time to time and I tend to get sucked into other ships, too. But in the end there is nothing that comes close to these two.
                              sigpic

Comment

OK, this is why I usually don't listen to audio commentaries and interviews with actors. They confuse me. Honestly, I had not seen their interaction in a romantic way. But after hearing about it, I just wondered how Teal'c would be able to continue like nothing had happend. That would have not made sense to me.
                                I guess it makes sense to me. I could certainly provide comfort to a dear friend and then stand aside for the person they loved most. After all, life is complicated, and love is a beautiful and wonderful thing to be shared, not hoarded and given stintingly and grudgingly. I took it as a sign of how mature and complete these characters were, and how selfless their relationships. I mean, what could possibly be more selfish than to expect fidelity of someone who would never see you again? I can't imagine that one could say that Jack loved Sam if he wanted her to be unhappy that way, or to spend the rest of her life in mourning him when she had a chance for happiness with someone else. I just don't see him as being that selfish. After all, he loved Sara before Sam, and then found a second chance at love and happiness. How could he begrudge Sam the same second chance that he'd already had?
                                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Working...
                                X