Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    Annerb has a fic where they're dancing as well and it's quite believable. The Lies You Feed Yourself.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4752348/..._Feed_Yourself
    Good, yes. But I absolutely hate stories where Sam gets completely blamed for them not getting together.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      I just got an image with Jack in tight leather pants and it cracked me up!

No way he would do that....too afraid he would damage "the goods"
      *remembers Jack's pants in Tin Man*
      *thunks*

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      Annerb has a fic where they're dancing as well and it's quite believable. The Lies You Feed Yourself.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4752348/..._Feed_Yourself
      Oh, I love that story! Such beautifully written angst - as is the majority of her writing
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        Actually, you raise a terrific point here. Let's reverse the situation. Sam is offered cake by a buff young man in a toga. She eats it, then is led to her feet for some fun, playful dancing, then, quite obviously not herself, is pulled along behind him toward a tent.

I'd bet you that Colonel Jack "Oh, there's not a chance in hell" O'Neill would have been on his feet in a flash saying, "Whoa there, Sparky. Let's just all stay here and chat, shall we?"

Great point.
        Thanks! It just seems like there would be some sort of protocol Like I said, as a civilian university student, I was told not to drink the water and not to eat the food off of stands on the street in Mexico - they're freaking military!

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        Seeing how Jack feels about both Sci Fi and Cliches, I'm surprised he allowed the incident to happen at all. Ha ha.

But seriously--the only thing that really irked me about this episode is how blase (I don't know how to make those accent marks, so just imagine an apostrophe over the 'e' there) Kynthia is about being with someone who looks like Jack did whilst old. There weren't any old people in Argos--they were all young and beautiful. And with their naivete, you'd think that she would have been a little freaked out by what he looked like. At least I would have thought so. But she just accepts it and then keeps making passes at him. I thought that was weird.

I can see how they could just stand there and let him go--he's the black ops trained guy, and the leader--he's only eaten cake and been danced for, maybe Sam just figured that he knew what he was doing. And Daniel has enough faith in Jack that he could have thought the same thing. Teal'c, being the lusty and passionate Jaffa that he is, was probably cheering his buddy on. And with the gentle nature of the people, their "weird" radar probably wasn't fully engaged. So, technically, yes. It was rape--but I don't think it was malicious on Kynthia's part--and I don't think that Jack would have seen it in that light.
        Well, some people are into kinky things. Like "fishing" with "old" people LOL

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        I've been going over the Shipsgiving thread trying to green everyone and GW took away my greening powers!

I'm being forced off the green for the next 24 hours!

I promise I wasn't going to ship and drive!
        I actually try to max out my greening abilities I feel special on special Ship holidays if I manage to get that message.

Leather pants? Jack? Maybe if he were stranded on another Edora type planet and the pants were like a buckskin type thing, but I'm imagining Ross' leather pants in Friends, here, and that would NEVER happen. Definitely NOT Jack.

I can see him pulling Sam up for a slow one--the kind of dancing that ALWAYS leads to something else--but not anything other than that. It just doesn't seem to mesh with who he is. Now, Jack enjoying watching Sam dance with someone else. . . I can see that.
        ROFLOL. I remember that episode of Friends...

Jack wakes up wearing leather pants...now that would be funny.

Because...who put them on ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
          *remembers Jack's pants in Tin Man*
          How do I not remember what those looked like?

Hmm.

Anyone got a pic?

Oh, I love that story! Such beautifully written angst - as is the majority of her writing
          Yup. I love her stuff. Some more than others, of course. I've been begging for more of the DC series forever. *sniff*
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Hi Shippers!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Speaking of "dancing", many of you have probably read this, but I really like it:

It Don't Mean a Thing by Gail Delaney
            Great rec Hedwig.

And about the dancing.

I dunno but a guy as hot as Jack is, he's knows how to move on the dance floor. The man embodies (is that a word?) hidden talent that he uses to blindside the victim, uh person with. Have you seen those hands?

I'm just sayin'

Jack O'neill can dance.
            sigpic
            sig by Mada
            As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
              Hi Shippers!

Great rec Hedwig.

And about the dancing.

I dunno but a guy as hot as Jack is, he's knows how to move on the dance floor. The man embodies (is that a word?) hidden talent that he uses to blindside the victim, uh person with. Have you seen those hands?

I'm just sayin'

Jack O'neill can dance.
              I'm not saying he can't. I'm saying he wouldn't.

Except in specific circumstances that would generally lead to **cough** fishing.
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Hurrah! We had such a great Shipsgiving! Love you guys!!!

I see Jann has already posted the Shipsgiving invite, sig and avatar...so I won't post them again. But I've changed out my sig...and I'll be posting the invites in Ship-friendly threads starting soon. As usual, the sig and avatar are for anyone who wants to use them!

Happy, happy, joy, joy.
                Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 22 November 2010, 04:38 PM.

Comment

I can see Jack dancing with Sam at their wedding reception!

Or... Father/Daughter dance at Cassie's wedding... now that would be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                    I can see Jack dancing with Sam at their wedding reception!

Or... Father/Daughter dance at Cassie's wedding... now that would be sweet.
                    I love the images both of those ideas conjure up, Lucycat!

Comment

Comment

A little pic spam...

Comment

This is what RST looks like...

Kinda cute, huh?

Comment

More RST...

Charming, eh?

Comment

On the edge of RST...

* By Zuz

Comment

I'm not saying he can't. I'm saying he wouldn't.

Except in specific circumstances that would generally lead to **cough** fishing.
                                Ok I got ya!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/jmprnP/06746639er.jpg
                                Yeah baby!!!!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                                Love living on the edge
                                sigpic
                                sig by Mada
                                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Working...
                                X