Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    You can do it! Perhaps you could use a twelve step program?
    But isn't the first step something like "acknowledge you have a problem and desire to change"?

I don't think shipping is a problem and I have no desire to change.

In fact, I think we need a 12 step program to encourage shipping:

Step one: Watch Grace Kiss

Gif by Pol

Step Two: Repeat step one until Movie 3!

Nevermind, we only need a two step program!

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      Re: The bold. This totally made me crack up. For obvious reasons.
      *grins*

Hlndncr *hugs* GW locks the fridge on me all the time. It is evil in that way. *sighs*

Ohhhh are we playing post the gif! Quick someone post the WoO one! I wuv that one too after the hotness of the Grace one!

And can I say I love Shipsgiving; it totally gave me my shippy mojo back
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        But isn't the first step something like "acknowledge you have a problem and desire to change"?

I don't think shipping is a problem and I have no desire to change.

In fact, I think we need a 12 step program to encourage shipping:

Step one: Watch Grace Kiss

[IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/Every%20Sam%20and%20Jack%20Shippy%20Moment%20Ever/Grace_Kiss_Pol.gif[/URL]
        Gif by Pol

Step Two: Repeat step one until Movie 3!

Nevermind, we only need a two step program!
        I like those steps--and since you're the dancer, perhaps you could lead us all in a two-step.

And to keep this slightly on topic, I read a fic a while ago where Jack and Sam were dancing (see the segue? Oh, how clever am I. ) and all I could think of was--"I really can't see Jack dancing."

sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I like those steps--and since you're the dancer, perhaps you could lead us all in a two-step.

And to keep this slightly on topic, I read a fic a while ago where Jack and Sam were dancing (see the segue? Oh, how clever am I. ) and all I could think of was--"I really can't see Jack dancing."

I agree with that. I would see Jack as being really uncomfortable when doing that. I do think on the other hand if he and Sam would go to a ball(or a party where there was the opportunity to dance) and Daniel(and Teal'c) were with them, Sam would dance with Daniel and he would be okay with that...

He would just stand on the sidelines and enjoy seeing Sam happy.

Oh gosh...I'm going all fluffy in here....where is my guttery brain?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            I agree with that. I would see Jack as being really uncomfortable when doing that. I do think on the other hand if he and Sam would go to a ball(or a party where there was the opportunity to dance) and Daniel(and Teal'c) were with them, Sam would dance with Daniel and he would be okay with that...

He would just stand on the sidelines and enjoy seeing Sam happy.

Oh gosh...I'm going all fluffy in here....where is my guttery brain?
            Oh I don't know . . . I could see Jack holding Sam close in his arms and swaying with the music. Of course, that wouldn't last long. Why dance when you can fish!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              Oh I don't know . . . I could see Jack holding Sam close in his arms and swaying with the music. Of course, that wouldn't last long. Why dance when you can fish!
              Indeed, before Sam knows it they swayed into a supply room
              sigpic

Comment

I read a Jack dancing story once and thought the same thing. He's more a "sit on his butt and drink beer" type.
                And while we're on the subject of things Jack wouldn't do...leather pants. In my mind he would do nekkid before he would do leather pants.
                [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by cdm View Post
                  I read a Jack dancing story once and thought the same thing. He's more a "sit on his butt and drink beer" type.
                  And while we're on the subject of things Jack wouldn't do...leather pants. In my mind he would do nekkid before he would do leather pants.
                  I just got an image with Jack in tight leather pants and it cracked me up!

No way he would do that....too afraid he would damage "the goods"
                  sigpic

Comment

*grins*

Hlndncr *hugs* GW locks the fridge on me all the time. It is evil in that way. *sighs*

Ohhhh are we playing post the gif! Quick someone post the WoO one! I wuv that one too after the hotness of the Grace one!

Just for you....

sigpic

Comment

*grins*

Yay for the shippy mojo!

Comment

Re Jack dancing... I can kinda see it, but as Highland said more in a swaying kind of way. Definately in a smart suit with Sam in a ballgown... maybe because he is forced to go to some 'do' in Washington and the only way he can get through it, is if he can have Sam close to him, hip to hip.... sigh....

Comment

Originally posted by cdm View Post
                          Leather pants? Jack? Maybe if he were stranded on another Edora type planet and the pants were like a buckskin type thing, but I'm imagining Ross' leather pants in Friends, here, and that would NEVER happen. Definitely NOT Jack.

I can see him pulling Sam up for a slow one--the kind of dancing that ALWAYS leads to something else--but not anything other than that. It just doesn't seem to mesh with who he is. Now, Jack enjoying watching Sam dance with someone else. . . I can see that.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

Speaking of "dancing", many of you have probably read this, but I really like it:

It Don't Mean a Thing by Gail Delaney

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Speaking of "dancing", many of you have probably read this, but I really like it:

It Don't Mean a Thing by Gail Delaney
                              Cute--thanks for the rec!

And for the plot bunny (because I don't have enough to do this week. . .so if all the pies don't get made, it's all you guys' fault!).
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Annerb has a fic where they're dancing as well and it's quite believable. The Lies You Feed Yourself.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4752348/..._Feed_Yourself
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X