No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that was *lovely* to read, and sure upped my shippy mojo!

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    I'm excited because even if there aren't any directly shippy moments in the book (Jo Graham has said that Sam doesn't have a very large role in the first book, but both Jack and Sam will be back for books 3 and 4.), the author has made some comments that would certainly label her as a Sam/Jack shipper.

Finally! An author who seems like she won't deny or ignore the 'ship!

Here's a sampling of 'shippy bits from her LiveJournal posts (most of the questions are from fans regarding the new books):

Spoilers only for length:
    Spoiler:
    Random Roundup of Legacy Questions

Jack O'Neill

I love that she says that Jack has an increased role *because* Sam has the B plot in the book.

Favorite SG-1 Episodes
    Among the list are "Solitudes", "Divide and Conquer", "Window of Opportunity", "Beneath the Surface", "Death Knell", "Heroes", and "Lost City".

The Lost

Canon Relationship Ending?

Some people may not care about these books, considering they aren't canon. But I enjoy them, and it's so nice to find an author that seems like she actually knows the show and the people she's writing about.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone *waves*

This is my first post with a signature, hope it works out!

Question about Shipsgiving... do we have to subscribe to the thread beforehand or will it show up as it's own thread on the 20th?

Comment

Watched Heroes this evening. Sorry to see Janet go, but loved the Sam/Jack neck nuzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
          Hi everyone *waves*

This is my first post with a signature, hope it works out!

Question about Shipsgiving... do we have to subscribe to the thread beforehand or will it show up as it's own thread on the 20th?
          Someone will create the thread, our special one day threads are usually sticky, so they'll be at the top of the characters and relationships threads page. You can subscribe to it after it goes up. I always make sure I subscribe to our special threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
            Here's the link to the beginning of the first chapter of the first book, which does contain both Jack and Sam: http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/92143.html
            Oooooh....you're teasing me!
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

"I didn't leave, because I'd have rather died myself than lose Carter."

"Because I care about her . . . a lot more than I'm supposed to."

Spoiler:
              I'm watching Divide and Conquer, can you tell?
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I just noticed that I won't be around much at Shipsgiving.. This day I come back from a Musical Convention so no idea when I'm going to get here.. still, I have to long-time-projects for Sam and Jack fanart running and I hope to be able to post at least one of them!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
                  I just noticed that I won't be around much at Shipsgiving.. This day I come back from a Musical Convention so no idea when I'm going to get here.. still, I have to long-time-projects for Sam and Jack fanart running and I hope to be able to post at least one of them!
                  The Shipsgiving thread is open for 24 hours so you can post any time. Just subscribe to it while it's open and then you can sift through it at your leisure later on (many people do - most people pop in and out for the day).

However, don't be discouraged If there's one thing we like around here, it's a party. There Shipmas and Valenship coming up in the next few months!

Comment

Secret Santa

Secret Santa has officially started...

The deadline for your project is the 14th of December. But if you can do it earlier, that would be appreciated. If you notice that you can't make it in time, please e-mail me, or if you see that you will not be able to finish it at all. Then we can work something out so everyone gets a present. But remember you signed up for this, so it would be nice if you could make it yourself in time.

Also remember to e-mail me the assignment and not the person who you are making something for. It has to go to me!

Please do not post any of your project anywhere, it's supposed to be secret until I send them out. If you are making a vid or a fic, you can upload them onto youtube or fanfiction.net. But maybe wait for it until the last minute. Or you can always send me the word-document, if it is a fic. Or upload it onto mega-upload if it is a vid, and give me the link to that. If you make an artwork and you notice it is rather big, please upload it somewhere else and just give me the link.

Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                      Secret Santa

Secret Santa has officially started...

The deadline for your project is the 14th of December. But if you can do it earlier, that would be appreciated. If you notice that you can't make it in time, please e-mail me, or if you see that you will not be able to finish it at all. Then we can work something out so everyone gets a present. But remember you signed up for this, so it would be nice if you could make it yourself in time.

Also remember to e-mail me the assignment and not the person who you are making something for. It has to go to me!

Please do not post any of your project anywhere, it's supposed to be secret until I send them out. If you are making a vid or a fic, you can upload them onto youtube or fanfiction.net. But maybe wait for it until the last minute. Or you can always send me the word-document, if it is a fic. Or upload it onto mega-upload if it is a vid, and give me the link to that. If you make an artwork and you notice it is rather big, please upload it somewhere else and just give me the link.

Secret Santa
                      Awesome!!
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Comment

I was watching Season 8's Sacrifices last night and noticed some things. There's a lot of 'ship in the ep, but we know that.

First thing...when Ry'ac and Ka'ryn finally get married and Bra'tac speaks of love everlasting, the camera cuts to Sam, Jack, Daniel, and Teal'c all in a row which was nice framing and spoke to me of how those four are linked in that way. Also, Sam looks over at Jack and smiles, which to me is telling again, since they're both in uniform.

Second, in an ep that deals heavily with marriage, isn't mentioned once. Not by Daniel to Sam (Daniel who probably believes that while Sam still loves Jack, she's made the commitment to move on) or by Teal'c (who could have easily said something like, "Major Carter, you are a strong warrior, and even you have sacrificed your happiness for the cause. Sam can look at him in shock, and perhaps dart her eyes toward Jack who's in the background doing General things, and Teal'c could say, "I am referring, of course, to your impending union with Detective Shanahan.")

Lastly, Jack says something to Bra'tac earlier in the ep when Bra'tac asks him to hold the wedding on base. He says, "You know what it took to get approval for 'Tailgate Tuesdays?"

That last got me to thinking...no fic about Tailgate Tuesdays?

Hmmmm
                          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            I was watching Season 8's Sacrifices last night and noticed some things. There's a lot of 'ship in the ep, but we know that.

First thing...when Ry'ac and Ka'ryn finally get married and Bra'tac speaks of love everlasting, the camera cuts to Sam, Jack, Daniel, and Teal'c all in a row which was nice framing and spoke to me of how those four are linked in that way. Also, Sam looks over at Jack and smiles, which to me is telling again, since they're both in uniform.

Second, in an ep that deals heavily with marriage, isn't mentioned once. Not by Daniel to Sam (Daniel who probably believes that while Sam still loves Jack, she's made the commitment to move on) or by Teal'c (who could have easily said something like, "Major Carter, you are a strong warrior, and even you have sacrificed your happiness for the cause. Sam can look at him in shock, and perhaps dart her eyes toward Jack who's in the background doing General things, and Teal'c could say, "I am referring, of course, to your impending union with Detective Shanahan.")

Lastly, Jack says something to Bra'tac earlier in the ep when Bra'tac asks him to hold the wedding on base. He says, "You know what it took to get approval for 'Tailgate Tuesdays?"

That last got me to thinking...no fic about Tailgate Tuesdays?

Hmmmm
                            Good point!

And looking forward to the fic. Write, young lady! Write like the wind!
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                [IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/jmprnP/normal_sg1_809_1705.jpg[/URL]
                                They could be watching their son/daughter graduate from the Academy, couldn't they? What a great looking family. **sigh**
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X