Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    I guess it would be help if I have ever seen SGU. (I know, bad fan! Bad!) I tried to watch it, but it was so dark and depressing that I just couldn't. How lame is that?
    I'm barely making it through the show myself so I know where you're coming from.

(By "real" I meant a non-fanfic story/novel/book/something. I'd like to see if I could do something non-Stargate.)
    Outlining is your friend That'll tell you if you have a complete story or if you just have 'bits'.

Screenwriting seminars have really helped me to be able to craft a story from beginning to end. Check out some creative writing classes or just do some (free!) research on the net. It's really beneficial! A writer never 'perfects' their craft. They're always learning!

That's the excuse I use as I struggle to get throuh SGU. My co-writer and I have an obligation to watch not only the good but the BAD so we don't make the same mistakes. Yeah. I keep telling myself that!

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    Interesting. I haven't made any adjustments to them except for size and adding the border. Otherwise they are just direct screen caps.

You could go here and see if they are still too dark in the PB album if you would like.
    Yeah. They're all dark. On my home and work computer Are they for anyone else? Helooooo out there....
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      I'm barely making it through the show myself so I know where you're coming from.

Outlining is your friend That'll tell you if you have a complete story or if you just have 'bits'.

Screenwriting seminars have really helped me to be able to craft a story from beginning to end. Check out some creative writing classes or just do some (free!) research on the net. It's really beneficial! A writer never 'perfects' their craft. They're always learning!

That's the excuse I use as I struggle to get throuh SGU. My co-writer and I have an obligation to watch not only the good but the BAD so we don't make the same mistakes. Yeah. I keep telling myself that!

Yeah. They're all dark. On my home and work computer Are they for anyone else? Helooooo out there....
      Writing OT:

Spoiler:
      I'm honing, rather than perfecting. And I think I do have an idea--I'm thinking about taking Glinda and morphing her into a "Mrs. Pollifax" type character. Writing an adventure of some sort for her. I have so much fun with her--but it's getting the great idea that's been my issue. All my other ideas are for rated PG bodice rippers--so not really ripping, then, as much as sort of adjusting--but all my lit friends (I really did go to school for this sort of thing--degree's in literature and composition) are trying to "Great American Novel" things, but I just want to write stories that people want to read. GANs are depressing. Anyhoo, I'm firmly aware that other writers look down their noses at romance writers in general--but hey--largest selling segment of American publishing. There's something to be said about that.

The pictures are a little dark for me, too--but when I look at the screen caps on the GW site, those are, too. Unless they're outdoors and at high noon. Since I know NOTHING about the photo things, I'll leave it at that.

And this man loves this woman and she is nuts about him .
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Lovely picspam!
        sigpic
        sig by jasminaGo -THANK YOU

Comment

Writing OT:

Spoiler:
          I'm honing, rather than perfecting. And I think I do have an idea--I'm thinking about taking Glinda and morphing her into a "Mrs. Pollifax" type character. Writing an adventure of some sort for her. I have so much fun with her--but it's getting the great idea that's been my issue. All my other ideas are for rated PG bodice rippers--so not really ripping, then, as much as sort of adjusting--but all my lit friends (I really did go to school for this sort of thing--degree's in literature and composition) are trying to "Great American Novel" things, but I just want to write stories that people want to read. GANs are depressing. Anyhoo, I'm firmly aware that other writers look down their noses at romance writers in general--but hey--largest selling segment of American publishing. There's something to be said about that.

The pictures are a little dark for me, too--but when I look at the screen caps on the GW site, those are, too. Unless they're outdoors and at high noon. Since I know NOTHING about the photo things, I'll leave it at that.

Writing OT
          Spoiler:
          I've been writing short stories since I was in the third grade I haven't published anything (possibly too terrified??) though I've gotten good feedback from creative writing profs etc on it. Maybe one day. In the mean time they stay in a binder that I meticulously keep first to final draft. Creative writing classes were so amazing and seriously miss the honest and helpful critique. It's probably why I have a heck of a time trying to find a beta, I just can't find the kind of beta I need!

I actually have a character I've created an entire story for - and I agree with Leia - I rely on outlining so heavily!! But I'm just an amateur who loves to see the worlds in my head come to life on paper. But I hope one day to write a novel and/or stories worth publishing (and to get the guts to) so in the mean time, I practice, practice, practice!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
            They are totally okay on my computer.
            sigpic

Comment

Writing OT:

Spoiler:

Yeah, screen caps in general tend to be dark until one lightens them and plays with the levels. I assume they're just raw on GW and whoever uploaded them initially didn't mess around with the light levels.

Writing OT.

Spoiler:
              Who cares what you write as long as you enjoy doing it. You'll have people that like it and people that won't. PG bodice rippers? Are there any? LOL! Don't they tend to be rated higher than PG? I don't know! I don't read 'em but since they sell well, obviously a LOT of people do and it may be a good market to try and get into if that's the kind of writing you want to do.

Glinda with her own adventure outside of the Stargate world would be a good idea. You've already got a good character with a well-developed background.

Inside the Stargate world I would always be careful about getting too wrapped up in your OC. A lot of people prefer to read about the main characters regardless of how well written an OC is.
              sigpic

Comment

Anyone here? Is there a problem with GateWorld, or is it just me? I can't really do anything.
                sigpic

Comment

There was. ;P For like 10~11 hours we couldn't post anything.

Since we now can, here's something to put us back on track.

'Cause I watched BtS this morning.
                  sigpic
                  Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                  My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                  Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Thanks for all the pics everyone

Spoiler:
                    Is it true that Sam/Jack were going out near the end of the show? Cuz I heard they were.
                    sigpic
                    My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post

Spoiler:
                      Is it true that Sam/Jack were going out near the end of the show? Cuz I heard they were.
                      Last edited by yessika; 11 November 2010, 07:57 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        No.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Depends on your point of view....

Yes.

sigpic

Comment

fluffy fluffy mood

sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                              Nice vid!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I guess it would be help if I have ever seen SGU.
                                SGU OT (just in case!)
                                Spoiler:
                                I watch it every week, in the dark, more atmosphere!! It's not my favourite but I love sci-fi and there's the loyalty thing. I was irked by the cabin incident. Did they write that in to irritate us shippers? I'm growing to like Young though, his character is interesting. As to eye candy he just ain't in the same league

Loving the picspam

Not loving the intermittent internet access I'm having

Comment

Working...
                                X