Clear All

Happy belated Halloween Everybody.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

Hahaha! That picture is so funny!
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by cdm View Post
        LOL! Very creative. At first glance, I didn't realize who they were. AT is almost unrecognizable.

Comment

Hey Shippers!!

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
          Super OT - personal stuff, medical mystery crap...*sigh*

Spoiler:
          Unfortunately I seem to be falling through the medical cracks...and with very few resources, I'm posting out into the internet, in places where I've participated, hoping that maybe, just maybe, someone might have some insight.

Here's the recap:

Depression, severe depression, my entire life. Body aches. Exhaustion. Lack of motivation. Two years ago, it all came to a head and I started trying to treat my depression. I've been through the following antidepressants: Celexa, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Pristiq, Effexor, EmSam (MAOI), Lexapro - we've tried adding in Abilify, Geodon. Nothing, absolutely nothing has worked. Two months ago my doctor put me on Cytomel 50 mcg and it was amazing. Within three weeks I was calling friends, I was playing with my son, I was productive, I was laughing (and laughing down to my toes which is something I can't remember ever doing). My psychiatrist tells me that the problem is my TSH levels are normal (two years ago: 1.38, March of this year 1.08) and he doesn't want to keep me on it long term if I don't have a thyroid problem.

I went to an endocrinologist because, well, it appears to be a thyroid problem - and my psychiatrist is great, but this isn't his specialty. I had my blood work done and got a call this past Thursday telling me my number were way too skewed. TSH 0.00 and T3 at 10.42. I'm told to cut my dosage to 25mcg. Concerned for my health, I do that.

I feel horrible.

I don't feel as bad as I did before, but bad enough that I don't want to do anything. The things I was doing just a week ago and enjoying sound dull and colorless. I can't stop crying because I remember feeling good. For three weeks of my life, I felt normal and whole. I felt capable and empowered. My world had color and even when I was sad, I cried a little and felt better (usually it just drags me down because I already feel bad). I didn't take a single Xanax for two weeks (I was almost up to two a day).

I don't know what to do. It was a pain to get into this endo anyway (I'm thinking of calling up and seeing if they had a nurse I could speak with) - and I have to try to coordinate during the day when I'm at work (and I'm on the phone constantly - I do payroll for small businesses). I'm thinking of making an appointment with my psychiatrist, but it never even occurred to him to check my T3 (and he's using an outdated TSH scale). I'm e-mailing a couple people to see if they have doctor recommendations.

But...has anyone heard of this? According to the tests I should have been feeling HYPERthyroid. But I felt perfect. No side effects.

What the hell is wrong with me?

And how do I get back to that place I was a week ago??
          Ok. I got nuthin but I'm really glad you're still on the thread and i hope, no expect that they'll get it right and you'll be alright.

I know it.

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post

And to be mildly ON topic...

On Shipsgiving I will be reprising my 100 Looks of Jack as He Beholds Sam Carter

I liked this because it's right after Sam says that being engaged is "theoretically possible" - there's something in his eyes (I think) as though something just might be starting to take root that he had never truly thought about before
          I like it too. It's like he suddenly realizes......

......anything's possible
          sigpic
          sig by Mada
          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
            LOL! Very creative. At first glance, I didn't realize who they were. AT is almost unrecognizable.
            Me too!
            I really needed some seconds to think because at first, I only recognised Teal'c (who's not *that* hard with the tattoo ect^^)
            Great work, cdm!
            sigpic

Comment

Great Halloween pics, thanks for sharing!!
              Happy November everyone!

Comment

Post Point of View fic rec, a bit angsty:

Like Kissing A Stranger

Comment

Falling Further:

Comment

MGM Update: This week MGM debt holders approved a pre packaged bankruptcy deal. Debt holders will exchange their debt for equity in MGM and Spyglass will run the company. Articles and reports can be found on our forum:
                    http://z7.invisionfree.com/SG_Movies...p?showtopic=72
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      Love it!!

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                      The original Shipper thread began when Gateworld was on the old Delphi forum. We moved here in April/May 2004, where the thread continued. You can find this forum's original thread here in the Shipper Archive.

Some threads were lost in the great Gateworld crash in 2005, when we were off-line for over a week.

There have been various other threads which you can probably find with a search and, of course, there are also all the threads for all our special days like "Ship Day".

We may have lost many threads and posters over the years, but you can't keep a good ship down! We are all still here, happily celebrating the wonder that is Sam and Jack!
                      Thanks for the links and the history of shippers

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      Sharing the angst.

A little Paradise Lost WP I put together for this week's challenge over on the art thread:

Nice!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                      And finally...

The Shipsgiving invitation, sig and avatar should be ready in a few days! Looking forward to November 20th!
                      Can't wait

Love it!!!
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                        MGM Update: This week MGM debt holders approved a pre packaged bankruptcy deal. Debt holders will exchange their debt for equity in MGM and Spyglass will run the company. Articles and reports can be found on our forum:
                        http://z7.invisionfree.com/SG_Movies...p?showtopic=72
                        this is *good* news for the stargate movies, right?
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

That's really cool!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            this is *good* news for the stargate movies, right?
                            Excellent News!
                            Message from Adam Barnard from the Stargate Movie Campaign:
                            Time to TAKE ACTION!!!

MGM may be in charge of the movies, but Syfy is a potential customer as it could “purchase” the movies to air on their channel. We want to send Syfy a polite reminder that there is still strong fan support for SG1, SGA and the movies. In addition the campaign will be sending a “welcome package” to the executives at Spyglass and we will be announcing a mail campaign in a couple of weeks.

SEND a MESSAGE to Syfy

Starting this week through November 26th please join the Syfy Campaign! Find out how to participate on the FB Events page.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...app_2344061033
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                              Hahaha! That picture is so funny!
                              yeah....Daniel is so hefty-looking in that pic that with that hairstyle he looks a lot like Dudley with glasses.....
                              Last edited by mad_gater; 01 November 2010, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Please, please, please I urge everyone to take the time to write just one message to SyFy. We need as many people as is possible.

We have waited too long, darn it! For both Revolution AND Resolution!

sigpic
                                The Return of King Arthur
                                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Working...
                                X