No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really OT question for all art people since no one is on the SJ Art Thread right now...

Spoiler:
    I recently got a new laptop (because my old one doesn't really run AT ALL) and put Gimp back on it. Well, my old laptop won't turn back on right now, so I can't get any more of my files and such off of it. Most of what's on it isn't a big deal, but it also, obviously, had all of my fonts and brushes and textures on it, as well as many of my caps for my different shows.

Now where you all come in...If you could give me either your fave fonts/brushes/textures or a link to them (or even the sites you get them from) I'd be much obliged. Also if you've got good caps from some of my shows (Legend of the Seeker, SG1, Bones, The Mentalist, Burn Notice, White Collar, In Plain Sight, The Closer, NCIS, and any others you remember me mentioning/loving/liking) I'd also be greatful. Especially if you've got stuff in zip files since those would be easier to get/download.

I'm hoping to get my old laptop to stay on long enough for me to rescue some of my stuff, but I'm not holding my breath. Last time I got it on I had enough time to get a few of my music files before it shut down, so I'm hoping to at least have time to grab some of my most used caps/brushes/fonts/textures, but I have a feeling it will take a few times, and I'm too busy with school to sit down and try right now anyway.

Also, I can't seem to remember how to install the stuff onto my laptop...I'm using Windows 7...I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right (I've actually tried 2 or 3 different things) but nothing is installing...
    sigpic
    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
      Ah, speaking of taking a long time to finish things...

Spoiler:
      I don't really like promoting my own fics..., but my story Beyond the Night is complete. I didn't start to post until I'd finished it, and I started it before I was even a member here!

I know I don't post like I used to, but I'm still all the way!
      I'm somewhere in the middle of the story. I don't want to inundate your inbox with a review for each chapter, so I'll post my comments when I read the final chapter.... Seeing as it's 80 chapters, this could take a while

Liking it very much so far.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
        Just so y'all don't forget me? I used to read EVERY post and reply with huge multi-quotes. Now I feel like such a slacker! But I lurk quite frequently.
        Awww...I remember those days*wipes tear*

I now usually lurk and only post when I have time enough!
        But I was just looking at your HUGE! fanfic...will *try* to start reading it soon...if RL gives me the time!

I miss reading loads of fanfic...*sigh*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          Good suggestion. Even better--does anybody have a gif of the WoO kiss I could enjoy? (A pallate cleanser. )
          Forgot where I snurched this from.

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I'm capping the shippy moments of season 8 and I'm up to Affinity. Normally I am an agnsty cavern dweller, but I just don't know if I'm up to that level of angst. I'm going to have to figure out how to fortify myself to watch it (closely).

Suggestions?
            Uh, I'm probably the last person you should ask about that.

Serial cavern dweller; I take my Affinity!Angst undiluted with fluff, ta.

It's comforting to me to read that someone else works slowly. I've got a couple of fics I'm working on and it's taking me forever. I'm so astounded with how prolific some of the very talented writers on this thread are. How do you guys crank it out so fast?
            Uh, I'm probably the last person you should ask that.

(Deja vu anyone? )

I'm still working on a couple of X Files stories I started in 2001!

I don't think it matters how long you take to make/write something; so long as the finished product satisfys you.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey folks....

Although I don't come here as often as I did, I just wanted to say how I've enjoyed reading discussions here from time to time.
              I've always thought this tread rather mature and responsible, save for the one or two passionate posts (Pete related posts for instance )
              I mean compared with some of the posts I can read on other forums, throughout the unfolding of the relationship between Sam and Jack (as SG-1 ran its course), members of this forum have remained coherent and somehow "mature".
              For instance, I'm a fan of "Smallville" and quite frankly, after reading some "shipper" posts on several forums, people there are so "adolescent" that now I'm not going to touch with a ten foot pole!
              Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
              ............oo0oo............

Comment

Originally posted by Anakin View Post
                Hey folks....

Although I don't come here as often as I did, I just wanted to say how I've enjoyed reading discussions here from time to time.
                I've always thought this tread rather mature and responsible, save for the one or two passionate posts (Pete related posts for instance )
                I mean compared with some of the posts I can read on other forums, throughout the unfolding of the relationship between Sam and Jack (as SG-1 ran its course), members of this forum have remained coherent and somehow "mature".
                For instance, I'm a fan of "Smallville" and quite frankly, after reading some "shipper" posts on several forums, people there are so "adolescent" that now I'm not going to touch with a ten foot pole!
                Hey! You calling us OLD????

Just kidding. I totally agree!

Warm, fuzzy, shipper happy smile!

And by the way--in that WoO *sigh* vidlet up there.

Is anyone wondering just where his right hand GOES? 'Cause, you know, you can't see it. Hubba hubba.

(Whoops--there went the maturity!)
                Last edited by Akamaimom; 18 October 2010, 04:40 AM.
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  And by the way--in that WoO *sigh* vidlet up there.

Is anyone wondering just where his right hand GOES? 'Cause, you know, you can't see it. Hubba hubba.

(Whoops--there went the maturity!)
                  I don't wonder, I know where it went.

sigpic
                  Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                  My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                  Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                    I don't wonder, I know where it went.

Indeed...*grabs* I would have liked it if I were Sam there

*rummages in PB*

Since we're talking about grabbing...what about sidearm grabbing without thinking of it She must have a lot practise!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                      Uh, I'm probably the last person you should ask about that.

Serial cavern dweller; I take my Affinity!Angst undiluted with fluff, ta.

Uh, I'm probably the last person you should ask that.

(Deja vu anyone? )

I'm still working on a couple of X Files stories I started in 2001!

I don't think it matters how long you take to make/write something; so long as the finished product satisfys you.
                      From a fanfic reader's point of view, I completely agree

Originally posted by Anakin View Post
                      Hey folks....

Hey *waves*

You must have skipped over all of my posts

Originally posted by starlover View Post

*rummages in PB*

Since we're talking about grabbing...what about sidearm grabbing without thinking of it She must have a lot practise!

She certainly has a lot of practice

Now I feel like watching the episode *looks at busy schedule* maybe I can squeeze it in
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*rummages in PB*

Oh, I never noticed that before! How could I miss it?
                        sigpic

Comment

Awwwww *shippy sigh* Sidearm grabbing. <3

sigpic
                          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

The satisfaction of the sidearm moment...seen by many...reposted a lot of times

Worth seeing again...even though you don't have the time...(talking to you Yes)

and I'll leave you with what happens when the grabbing etc. is over...

Teal'c walks in with Jacob close behind him...dum dum dum...

EDIT: For future confusion; I obviously need new contacts since this is from Deadman Switch and first Daniel walks in, than Aris Boch and as last Teal'c
                            No Jacob in here
                            Last edited by starlover; 18 October 2010, 10:01 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

The satisfaction of the sidearm moment...seen by many...reposted a lot of times

Worth seeing again...even though you don't have the time...(talking to you Yes)

and I'll leave you with what happens when the grabbing etc. is over...

Teal'c walks in with Jacob close behind him...dum dum dum...
                              OK, you got me. Which ep is that?

Comment

Deadman Switch?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X